Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you in such a hurry.....?

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Gutlard said:
    Start a 'newbs only/enjoy the story' group. It may take a while to fill, but you'll get what you want eventually.

SWTOR did a lot of things wrong, but their class stories were enjoyable, and it always irked me when playing with others who were in a hurry, so I started just playing solo.

Gut out!
    Not a bad idea. Start a guild that's all about enjoyihg story and exploring the game and dungeons. 
    lahnmirAmatheCatibrie
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited August 2019
    Nanfoodle said:
    Not a bad idea. Start a guild that's all about enjoyihg story and exploring the game and dungeons. 
    I'm with you. But in every game it's been the same for me in guilds like that. You start out as a casual guild. Gradually people level up and get better items. Then the next thing you see in guild chat is "hey guys, you are great, and I really enjoyed it here. But I am going to leave for [more Powerful] Guild so I can raid. Thanks. *Douchetard has left the Guild.*

So you end up in a perpetual state of casualness, unable to do many dungeons that are halfway challenging or raid anything. 
    KyleranMendelFlyByKnightAlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited August 2019
    Wizardry said:

It tells me developers just have no clue how to create content that is actually FUN >>LAZY work by devs.
    DING DING DING!!!! We Have a winner!!!

Creating content that is actually fun does take work, it's just so easy to create a mob without a backstory, load it up full of hit points and dps, plop it down in the zone, rinse and repeat over and over and over again (ad nauseum), and collect your paycheck.

The masses will play that content over and over and over again (once again, ad nauseum) farming for phat loot that they have the alternative option of getting by opening up their phat wallet (what was it that Smedley called his customers? "wallets with legs"). 

KA-ching, Ka-ching goes the cash machine, that tinkling of glasses you hear in the background is the champagne side of the caviar, and the developer drives off in his shiny new Ferrari.

Fun, originality, creativity, and new ideas are totally unnecessary to the business, and are just a cost center.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
     part of the blame here is the level grind mentality

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Most things in life I have found that people are in a hurry and don't sit back and enjoy them.
    AlBQuirky
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    To each their own, but I prefer pulling large groups of mobs and burning them down. I also prefer dungeons over all overworld content.

As for why the majority if people do it is because it is the most efficient route to the next step. 
  • DhahranGirlDhahranGirl Newbie CommonPosts: 22
    I'm in no hurry.  You know what they say...."You can't hurry love".  Seriously though, a good MMORPG should not have too much incentivizing.