Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man’s Sky Beyond Features 32-Player Planets, Player Hub, Other Activities - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Man’s Sky Beyond Features 32-Player Planets, Player Hub, Other Activities - MMORPG.com

No Man's Sky's latest update, Beyond, will feature 32-player planets and a player hub of sorts when it launches on August 14.

Read the full story here

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    hmm didn't they had already a player hub community somewhere?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited August 2019

From what i can gleam from this its the same as MP is now just instead allowing 32 instead of 4 players and allowing a better mission hub!

Wouldn't it of been better to just allow randoms to connect (so the world isnt empty) to you via a search for free session (locked would make it private access) and allow u a save when u exit so u can rejoin to that portion of the universe again if u want and continue NMS stuff.

Only reason to not allow this would be online trolls but then again u could just impose land rights if u have a base here no one can not build within 10 miles of u without express permission if the signal booster (or the thing that builds the base cannot remember what it is off the top o me head) hasnt been active for more than a week then its automatically deleted and people can build near you or appropriate your structures
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Unable to tell. Was this a joke or serious?

“You can even set up a kind of ‘fireteam’ with them, keeping you together as a group, though he advised that that term, popularised by modern military jargon (and Destiny), was a bit ‘too masculine and aggressive for our nice gentle, ambient game.’
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Very excited. Wednesday can't come soon enough.
    xxBoneZxx
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    edited August 2019

There is the community created galactic hub. This is almost like a "lobby", for lack of a better word. While I am glad they've added so much in the way of multiplayer options over the last few updates, they need to sorely add more in the way of exploration. There isn't enough variety in how planets look, flora, fauna, etc. It would be adding a lot in art assets, but it's sorely needed for those who just like to cruise the universe looking for interesting things.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Why was it so hard to tell the truth at the launch and slowly build up the fanbase around a game that does have potential?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

From what i can gleam from this its the same as MP is now just instead allowing 32 instead of 4 players and allowing a better mission hub!

Wouldn't it of been better to just allow randoms to connect (so the world isnt empty) to you via a search for free session (locked would make it private access) and allow u a save when u exit so u can rejoin to that portion of the universe again if u want and continue NMS stuff.

Only reason to not allow this would be online trolls but then again u could just impose land rights if u have a base here no one can not build within 10 miles of u without express permission if the signal booster (or the thing that builds the base cannot remember what it is off the top o me head) hasnt been active for more than a week then its automatically deleted and people can build near you or appropriate your structures

I think I read somewhere that in online mode when you enter a planet you will meet randoms if random people are on the same planet. An instance of up to 32 people will be created for that planet.
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416

Kaneth said:

There is the community created galactic hub. This is almost like a "lobby", for lack of a better word.

While I am glad they've added so much in the way of multiplayer options over the last few updates, they need to sorely add more in the way of exploration. There isn't enough variety in how planets look, flora, fauna, etc. It would be adding a lot in art assets, but it's sorely needed for those who just like to cruise the universe looking for interesting things.

That is part of the the third pillar of this update. "More variety in the biomes"
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2019

Spiider said:

Why was it so hard to tell the truth at the launch and slowly build up the fanbase around a game that does have potential?

Every game ever made can be said to have potential,games have potential the first day they are designed.
    All we care about as gamer's is THE GAME.
    "FEATURES"32 player shards,that is a feature hmmm i would say not much hope for this game if that is a feature.Just imagine all those games that shut down servers because they didn't have 1500-5k players per,they could have kept them going and added more servers to keep up with the heavy workload.

I said it before,this is a decent idea on paper,we are not ready for the idea,it is poorly implemented and this developer is not ready for the idea,not for at least another 15 years.

Will feature a hub to spawn in for missions,nice another dev that tries it's best to ruin immersion,the side of gaming that should be improved and not removed.This is what i call feature creep,just adding ideas to say they have added ideas but nothing is trying to bring a world to life.Random spawns,a few players ,hubs for missions,why are you even doing the missions,idk likely just there to say "we have missions" with no story/lore backdrop to the actual game world,they are just there.

Call me in 15 years when we have better tech,better storage and perhaps a developer that can afford to do it right AND has the knowledge to build a world properly.About the same time VR becomes doable is when this will all come together,so more like 20 years from now.How are they even funding this,it says f2p.

Trying to make a living in video games,well sell this for $15 ,it's better than Minecraft that sells for $30"way over priced",maybe you sell a million copies and bring in 15 million.Move on to working on improvements,maybe in 3 years something more viable to sell as an expansion,maybe you earn another 15-20 million,all is good.
    StryckerAlvonu

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• unkkutunkkut Member UncommonPosts: 36
    @Wizadry We will be sure to call you.
    mgilbrtsn
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

Unable to tell. Was this a joke or serious?

“You can even set up a kind of ‘fireteam’ with them, keeping you together as a group, though he advised that that term, popularised by modern military jargon (and Destiny), was a bit ‘too masculine and aggressive for our nice gentle, ambient game.’

"You can find animals and milk them and then combine all of those things to create like, different pies—or various kinds of alien food, which is something I’ve always wanted in a game."
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    And with every large update my prediction of NMS surpassing SC in scope and features before the latter is even released seems more plausible. Amazing stuff, now another massive visual upgrade and we´re all good to go. More biomes is very welcome too. Reinstalling as I type.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    After looking forward to and reading Wizadry's ramblings for over a decade, I just want to know what he's like in real life.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Strycker said:
    After looking forward to and reading Wizadry's ramblings for over a decade, I just want to know what he's like in real life.
    A 29 year old former cheerleader who now Instagrams for a career. Heard it here first!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Alvonu
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer