Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most addictive PC strategy games?

13»

Comments

• jackwl89jackwl89 Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    edited July 11
    I'll go ahead and be the mainstream ass and say Civ, my friend recently published an article about the best turn-based strategy games, here's the link

https://gamegavel.com/best-turn-based-strategy-games/

although it's more of a personal-favorite list than the actual best ones
    TorvalPhaserlightPalebaneAlBQuirky
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,664
    AlBQuirky said:
    I just recalled a game I've had on my PC forever, Transport Tycoon Deluxe (TTD). It's a free game and you are in charge of a transport business, bringing raw materials to factories and then to market. You use trains, trucks, and planes. TTD.org homepage: https://www.openttd.org/

You decide where to lay rails or build airports and what resources to ship where. You can also run bus companies to get your humans to and from work :)

It is much like Sim City, but much more in depth.
    ah that is a good oldie, one kind of game who never get old
    AlBQuirky
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 671
    Strategy games are my favorite genre after MMORPGs.

The most addictive one I played so far is Europa Universalis IV, followed by Civ V.

Others worth to mention are quite old: Age of Empires Series, they are all good, and the Warcraft Series.

You could also try:
    Endless Space 2, Stellaris, Civ IV and VI.
    TorvalAlBQuirky
  • slowpoke68slowpoke68 Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Update:  Totally hooked on Total War Warhammer.  I tried Shogun and also Medieval 2 but neither really grabbed me.  Even though I picked up WH 1 and 2 I am playing 1 just because starting there seemed a bit less overwhelming.  50 hours into my play through as Dwarves and am loving it.  Well worth checking out!
    TorvalAlBQuirky
  • agamennagamenn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Field of Glory Empires was just released recently, check it out guys.
    AlBQuirky
  • CS1310CS1310 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    CK2, most time played in steam 700+ hours
    AlBQuirky
  • DandyyDandyy Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    I used to play MU Online a lot, but then I discovered WOW...
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,646
    Started playing Total War Warhammer, ouchy, time sink, and I'm enjoying trying to get better.  Big thumbs up so far.

Would love to see more detail in the city building on this one.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Total War Shogun II or Total War Rome II. I played the originals also.

And I also recommend Children of the Nile. It was set in the first dynasties of old Egypt and a city building game. Real time strategy but you could pause and really think about what you want to do. A sweet little game that you will probably have difficulty finding now.
  • BitterbonesBitterbones Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    edited August 3
    Just a heads up, Crusader Kings II with all DLC expansions is on sale for $15 over at humblebundle.com, 10 days left on the deal.   Gives you keys for Steam activation.  I never tried CKII due to the cost, looking forward to taking it for a spin finally.

Most addictive strategy games for me so far would have to be the Age of Wonders and Total War series.  I quite liked the old HMOM and Disciples games as well.

When Axis & Allies was able to be played online in multiplayer mode, I would get sucked in for days on end with some really great fights as well.  Board game is still great, but noone to play with.  I now see there is a new incarnation of A&A online that just released early access a few days ago, need to check that out!

Have picked up Stellaris and Endless Space 2, need to spend more time with them.
    Post edited by Bitterbones on
    AlBQuirky
  • slowpoke68slowpoke68 Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Wow that is a great deal Bitterbones.  I have over 100 hours played on CK2 and that is a lot for me on a strat game.