Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes Homecoming Team Shares Update Regarding Titan Network/NCSoft Negotiations - MMORPG.co

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCity of Heroes Homecoming Team Shares Update Regarding Titan Network/NCSoft Negotiations - MMORPG.com

The City of Heroes Homecoming team shared a post on their forums regarding the Titan Network/NCSoft negotiations today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Good news! Hopefully one day we can also see something for Wildstar <3
    WhiskeydustBlaze_RockerTokkenbcbullyjimmywolfmmolouceh430
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Good news! Hopefully one day we can also see something for Wildstar <3</div>

id rather see Tabula Rasa
    cheebaWhiskeydustVexiusxDavodtheTuttBarelyEinsteinTuor7wingoodinfomatzJeroKanemmolouand 5 others.
  • jefftpjefftp Member UncommonPosts: 14

Scorchien said:

You should try Destiny 2. It's pretty much a modern Tabula Rasa.
    cheebaWhiskeydustVexiusxBaalzharonTuor7mmolouKalafaxsschruppceh430
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

Scorchien said:

AMEN! God that game was way ahead of it's time. Amazing gameplay deep or easy your pick.
    Scorchienceh430
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

id rather see marvel heroes omega come back
    TokkenRinswind89Renndmmolousschruppceh430
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    I'd rather see City of Heroes 2.
    TokkenWarlyxDavodtheTuttwingoodScotsschruppceh430

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    If this comes out and isn't a steam exclusive I will ban it!!!! That's unethical business practice!!!
    Baalzharon
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    im afraid of NCsoft wanting to take a piece of that pie
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Warlyx said:
    im afraid of NCsoft wanting to take a piece of that pie
    It's their pie. They could have just taken it away. That NCSoft may be open to something else that keeps Homecoming without ever having to worry about that is a good sign.
    RellzDavodtheTutt[Deleted User]Tuor7wingoodcheebaNephethThupliceh430
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Arterius said:
    So what does this mean exactly? Anyone care to explain
    As is typical, the announcement is to vague to say exactly. They did edit to say it would stay exclusively f2p if things with NCSoft worked out.
    [Deleted User]wingood
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Vexiusx said:

Scorchien said:

AMEN! God that game was way ahead of it's time. Amazing gameplay deep or easy your pick.

The game was ahead of it time immensely. Only MMO ever where you just went on fighting not because it gained you exp but because it was so fun

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Arterius said:

I'd rather see City of Heroes 2.

Ship of Heroes starts their testing at the end of August

I donated to Ship of Heroes, but I WANT City of Heroes 2. Ship of Heroes is just what I'll settle for.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    That'd be beautiful, and really nice of NCSoft if this goes anywhere.
    [Deleted User]Blaze_Rocker

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    I think NCSoft is playing the long con - and then they'll go for the throat at the most opportune moment.

Unless there's money in it for them - then maybe they'll cooperate.
    Not an unlikely scenario.
    Mendel

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Arterius said:

It doesn't mean anything. Its the same song we have heard from the start. They are still talking. Sick of these so called updates when they are not updates.
    residentx[Deleted User]
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    That would be awesome, even that i don't see NCsoft doing anything for free/good to the Community. But then....sometimes things change....perhaps they have re-thought the whole thing. But only perhaps. With a big "P".
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Hariken said:

Arterius said:

It doesn't mean anything. Its the same song we have heard from the start. They are still talking. Sick of these so called updates when they are not updates.
    What would you have "them" do?

Would you like NCSoft to stop talking and close the servers? Would you like Homecoming to stop talking or maybe agree to pay NCSoft millions that they don't have?

Its easy to say you are "sick" but I say again: What would you have "them" do?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I think NCSoft saw the writing on the wall and decided to play smart.
    Blaze_Rocker

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Why should NCSoft just give away their property?  What ought to happen is that if the game is popular enough, then the people running the servers ought to be able to charge money for it somehow, and give some of that money to NCSoft.  It doesn't necessarily have to be millions of dollars, but something significantly greater than the $0 that NCSoft would get by forcing them to shut it down.
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    They've already given it away, the original code for all this came from an anonymous NCSoft/Paragon employee. The real reason is that they can't stop it, even if they shut down Homecoming it wouldn't matter, everyone has the code. Another server will pop up in a matter of days (there's already 4).

They either make futile attempts to shut it down or embrace it and get some good PR out of it
    ceh430
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited August 2019

Arterius said:

It means that they are still talking and NC hasn't told them a firm no and hasn't tried to shut them down yet.

It also means if NCsoft gets nasty welp they will just keep the server running but from areas that NCsoft can't really do much about which is pretty spot on as pretty much anyone with the required hardware can run their own server now.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Hariken said:

Arterius said:

guess the base idea is to be talked about. and you are talking about em right now.

plan worked ;)
    Hariken

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Quizzical said:
    Why should NCSoft just give away their property?  What ought to happen is that if the game is popular enough, then the people running the servers ought to be able to charge money for it somehow, and give some of that money to NCSoft.  It doesn't necessarily have to be millions of dollars, but something significantly greater than the $0 that NCSoft would get by forcing them to shut it down.
    Why should Homecoming pay NC Soft for something they already made the decision to kill/abandon?  Sounds like a bad/abusive relationship.  "Oh, someone else wants you and could potentially benefit form having you?  Now I want you back".

Legally they have their rights of course, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Quizzical said:
    Why should Homecoming pay NC Soft for something they already made the decision to kill/abandon?  Sounds like a bad/abusive relationship.  "Oh, someone else wants you and could potentially benefit form having you?  Now I want you back".

Legally they have their rights of course, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.
    It's their IP and their work. They can abandoned it, change it so that it's compeltely for pre-schoolers, put it in a vault 20 miles below the earth's crust or do anything else with it. It's theirs.

Scorchien
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Here is to hoping that NCSoft won't shut it down.

It's been a lot of fun playing COX again! I mean where else can you command your entire army of undead minions to dance like MJ? : P
    Alverant