Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man’s Sky Beyond Trailer Gives Glimpse of Multiplayer, Mounts - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Man’s Sky Beyond Trailer Gives Glimpse of Multiplayer, Mounts - MMORPG.com

Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games, tweeted the latest trailer for upcoming No Man's Sky update, Beyond.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited August 2019
    I just hope it goes Beyond our expectations! :)
    [Deleted User]foppotee
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

I just hope it goes Beyond our expectations! :)

You win internet points for going above and *beyond*
    [Deleted User]foppoteeSeelinnikoi
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

Mounts? One question WHY? Exocraft are a thing they are just NOT needed.....

I tweeted to murry that instead of all this gimmick stuff he put in game - VR (some people like it im indifferent about it but its to expensive to play for a moment then u have to take off the helmet because ur throwing up with vertigo) mounts, expanded multiplayer (this has some benefit but isnt needed since 4p MP was enough) he should of put in OFFICIAL mod support/tools (steamworks) to let the community carry on the development and then be like "were done with this we can finally make another game".

i like NMS its great especially with friends but this past year i think hello games coulda done something even more than what they have in this particular update
    Siphaedmike32927
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    My god truly beautiful.
    foppotee

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited August 2019

kitarad said:

My god truly beautiful.

Yes but it was when it launched without gameplay, it is gameplay it needs, not more beautiful graphics. It is getting good updates, but still waiting till next year to take a proper look.
    mike32927
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Now, that's the definition of a comeback.
    foppoteeSeelinnikoidragonlee66mgilbrtsn
  • FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    I really enjoyed the "NEXT" update. Spent over 100 hours in it. I am definitely looking forward to this update next week. No longer limited to 4 people in your game session. Looks like they opened the flood gates and made it truly a multiplayer experience based on what glimpses we are getting in the trailer.

Sean Murray said there were 3 things going into Beyond,
    1) VR
    2) New multiplayer experience
    3) Dont really know yet other than maybe a few hints here and there based on video.

So I am expecting allot more from #3 from the update that isnt really thrown in the face from that trailer.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Falcomith said:
    I really enjoyed the "NEXT" update. Spent over 100 hours in it. I am definitely looking forward to this update next week. No longer limited to 4 people in your game session. Looks like they opened the flood gates and made it truly a multiplayer experience based on what glimpses we are getting in the trailer.

Sean Murray said there were 3 things going into Beyond,
    1) VR
    2) New multiplayer experience
    3) Dont really know yet other than maybe a few hints here and there based on video.

So I am expecting allot more from #3 from the update that isnt really thrown in the face from that trailer.
    Based on what we have just seen, I would guess that #3 is mounts and/or tameable critters (which could also be where mounts come from).
    mike32927
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Mounts? One question WHY? Exocraft are a thing they are just NOT needed.....

I tweeted to murry that instead of all this gimmick stuff he put in game - VR (some people like it im indifferent about it but its to expensive to play for a moment then u have to take off the helmet because ur throwing up with vertigo) mounts, expanded multiplayer (this has some benefit but isnt needed since 4p MP was enough) he should of put in OFFICIAL mod support/tools (steamworks) to let the community carry on the development and then be like "were done with this we can finally make another game".

i like NMS its great especially with friends but this past year i think hello games coulda done something even more than what they have in this particular update

Okay, Mr. Armchair Developer.   Nice of you to share you opinion on what developers should be doing.   Way to dictate how a game should be updated via ways of a message board from your computer desk.   I'm so sure that Hello Games will now do exactly what you have said; you being their boss and company manager after all. Right?

• objeffobjeff Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I wonder if the exploration limit will still be 4, and the nexus area will allow for more than 4. The video makes it seem as if they've opened up the game to be MMO, but I wonder if that is really the case. There isn't a true feature list that I've seen to explain the changes. Anyone know if there is one out there?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    How many people is massively? Is there a mega server?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited August 2019
    Is this game worth buying now? 

I have been told there is a lot of (over-the-top) micromanagement to the game. Is that true?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Tokken said:

I have been told there is a lot of (over-the-top) micromanagement to the game. Is that true?
    Micromanagement? Not to bad. There is no food or sleep needs, just ship fuels, and power needs for devices.
    Tokken
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Tiller said:
    Tokken said:

Micromanagement? Not to bad. There is no food or sleep needs, just ship fuels, and power needs for devices.
    The power and fuel is the equivalent to food and sleep.  Instead there's hazard/toxin protection, life support, fuel for devices, etc.  Over the top....if you're not a fan of crafting, you won't have fun.
    Tokken

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Thanks guys, that's all I need to hear (see)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Since this isn't on the Epic store I hope the people whining about game's that will be on Epic and not steam (mainly only temporarily) boycott steam now. Show some honor, integrity, and consistency.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    This game looks so interesting
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Biggest redemption in gaming history. Period.
    I am happy about that.
    Tokken
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    This game looks so interesting
    Knowing how you play games, you would have no life left with this one  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

oriya9 said:

Biggest redemption in gaming history. Period.

I am happy about that.

Second biggest.

Ffxiv would like a word.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Great game now...when you don't get trapped in system without the antimatter schematic /cry
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so it will have more ships or more mods for ships?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Torval said:
    I put hours into the Steam version and much more on the PS4 version but now I have it on the Xbox X and it is a sight to behold. Loving my third go around with this amazing title even more than I did before. Such a special project.  
    I hope we can meet up. That would be rad.
    I have seen your screenshots of this game on Steam @ Torval and am quite taken with how much work you have put in and quite envy you.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains