Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Bits of Update 1.3

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Best Bits of Update 1.3

Anthem got its first significant update in some time this week with game update 1.3. The update adds a number of new things and significantly improves some others, but it’s not the “miracle patch” fans may be hoping for.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    For someone that hasnt played it yet. Is the game in a good place atm? Was on the fence for awhile but all the negativity put me off from buying it. Would anyone recommend it now?
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

For someone that hasnt played it yet. Is the game in a good place atm? Was on the fence for awhile but all the negativity put me off from buying it. Would anyone recommend it now?

Judging by the amount of negativity, the lack of Twitch viewership, and Bioware's lack of communication I am going to guess no?
    WhiskeydustwhodisoneguyvelimiriusLife2vTacticalZombehGdemami[Deleted User]kenguru23
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    The trailer sure looks good.
    But this is EA we are talking about, so be careful.
    Then again... this game is about 20 $ now so it might be worth buying.
    WhiskeydustGdemami
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Due to the game's uncertain/unlikely future, I'm going to say no. Unless a No Man's Sky style miracle update happens, no.
    WhiskeydustvelimiriusLife2vGdemami[Deleted User]kenguru23
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Game of the year for me - 300 hours since May. Negativity is based on obsolete opinions of people who quit it before May and didn't see 1.20 and 1.30 patches.
    AeanderkoldmiserAlbatroesgunklackerRoinPhryWhiskeydustwhodisoneguyvelimiriusUnrealRpgand 5 others.

Thank you for your time!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

3dom said:

Game of the year for me - 300 hours since May. Negativity is based on obsolete opinions of people who quit it before May and didn't see 1.20 and 1.30 patches.

resume of what are those changes?
    Whiskeydustvelimirius
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    This is a great game with bad press. Some deserved, most not. It had a rough launch, but what games don't these days. Does it still have flaws? You bet it does, but even in it's launch state is was more playable than other games. It has some of the best combat mechanics I've seen in a long time, great graphics, and a unique story/game setting.
    WhiskeydustwhodisoneguyUnrealRpgLife2v
    3dom said:

Man I'm glad that you're the only person with that opinion.

In a year that's already seen Fire Emblem Three Houses, Devil May Cry 5, and Kingdom Hearts 3, it would be a shame if anyone whose opinion mattered listed this half effort as their GotY.
    RoinWhiskeydustwhodisoneguyvelimiriusUnrealRpgPanzerbeorne39Life2vgrg210TacticalZombeh[Deleted User]and 1 other.
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    edited August 2019

3dom said:

I guess me being underwhelmed and skeptical since their initial "fake" E3 reveal is obsolete......

Nice try. Game is trash, publisher is trash and bioware is done. These half baked "my first rpg" for console casuals will never be good nor will these dev teams ever be able to keep up with content. 300 wasted hours on a game that has zero future from a studio that's on life support. Grats.
    WhiskeydustLife2vgrg210
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

3dom said:

I'd find this believable if masochism didn't exist.
    WhiskeydustvelimiriusLife2vgrg210TacticalZombeh
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    NO
    WhiskeydustvelimiriusUnrealRpgLife2vgrg210TacticalZombeh
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Don't just don't, I spent hundreds of hours farming legendary max shield and armour radient fortress shotguns Only to have the luck change cause them to loose their legendary and bonuses. Now their normal ones such a waste. Support says its a know issue that will be fixed in time. Thing is this was reported on test and patch still went in. I think they want to loose their paying players.
    Life2v
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    best bits of a dumpster fire? hmmmmmmm.......
    [Deleted User]
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Just let it die.
    WhiskeydustvelimiriusPanzerbeorne39Life2v[Deleted User]
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35

I'd have to say no. I had so much hope for this, it has some great elements, flight and parts of the combat are awesome, but when you then add in the quests, Endgame content and all the loading, going back to hub after every mission, the whole package just feels Meh.

However I am still hopeful they can pull it around, they have made some positive changes and improvements, so fingers crossed this time next year Anthem becomes the new No Man's Sky in terms of turnaround.
    Whiskeydust
    From the sound of it looks like the graphics are quality and I heard the soundtrack was top notch too. However gameplay is trash.
    DhampirLife2v
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

From the sound of it looks like the graphics are quality and I heard the soundtrack was top notch too. However gameplay is trash.

Gameplay is good. Progression, variety and longevity are trash. If you get it to play through the story and consider it complete after that, it's alright. If you want a game to play at endgame for hours with your friends, this isn't what you want.
    WhiskeydustLife2v
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

koldmiser said:

This is a great game with bad press. Some deserved, most not. It had a rough launch, but what games don't these days. Does it still have flaws? You bet it does, but even in it's launch state is was more playable than other games. It has some of the best combat mechanics I've seen in a long time, great graphics, and a unique story/game setting.

Oh no, not the Bad Launch Card!

It was more Failed To Deliver what we advertise the game for. In the meantime we will take your money while you wait and delay it a few months.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Portal154Portal154 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    To that person asking if it's worth buying, I'd say yes. It's about $20 now, and it's a LOT of fun to play. The classes are interesting and each have really fun abilities, and it's really great zooming around the countryside, playing Iron man.

One of the biggest gripes about Anthem was the lack of endgame content, and the ridiculous drop rate of endgame gear, especially with that damn "Luck" stat. It was so rare to get anything useful at the end, and you had to repeat the same content over and over and over to try to get a drop, which was often a duplicate. So people quit (myself included) because it was just boring at that point.
    BUT... before then, the game is awesome. Totally worth $20 IMO.

I'm pleased to see that they've addressed some of those issues (as the summary above points out), and while it's a step in the right direction, there's still more work to be done. More content for example, and hopefully even more items. I'd actually thought they'd just given up on Anthem, so I'm happy that they didn't. It still has huge potential. I'm actually planning on playing it again now, to check out these changes. I never uninstalled the game, because I always had hope.

So I recommend you don't listen to the crybabies in this thread, who are really just posting for attention, rather than having a valid opinion. Go buy the game, I don't think you'll regret it. It's only $20.

WhiskeydustcheebaAeanderMaddog666UnrealRpgLife2v
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161

totally agree....there is to many other games out there that are better finished products to spend your money and time in than this one.
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79

Portal154 said:

To that person asking if it's worth buying, I'd say yes. It's about $20 now, and it's a LOT of fun to play. The classes are interesting and each have really fun abilities, and it's really great zooming around the countryside, playing Iron man.

One of the biggest gripes about Anthem was the lack of endgame content, and the ridiculous drop rate of endgame gear, especially with that damn "Luck" stat. It was so rare to get anything useful at the end, and you had to repeat the same content over and over and over to try to get a drop, which was often a duplicate. So people quit (myself included) because it was just boring at that point.

I'm pleased to see that they've addressed some of those issues (as the summary above points out), and while it's a step in the right direction, there's still more work to be done. More content for example, and hopefully even more items. I'd actually thought they'd just given up on Anthem, so I'm happy that they didn't. It still has huge potential. I'm actually planning on playing it again now, to check out these changes. I never uninstalled the game, because I always had hope.

So I recommend you don't listen to the crybabies in this thread, who are really just posting for attention, rather than having a valid opinion. Go buy the game, I don't think you'll regret it. It's only $20.

Well said...I could not agree more!!!
    edited August 2019
    I would like to take this opportunity to welcome 3Dom's two new alt accounts to the forum.
    Life2vTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]

Portal154 said:

Where is it on sale for $20? Origin has it for $59.99.
  • Portal154Portal154 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Just ask Google. I see it on Ebay for $20, Amazon for $18 (Australian)

• SternoAVSternoAV Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    This is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I say that for the combat mechanics alone. Everything else is bonus. In my 250+ hours logged, I’ve only ever used Ranger. It’s great achieving the perfect kit for your style of play. The arcanist mission thread is the best. Catch you in game...
    Life2v