Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hell Let Loose (WW2 FPS) - Kickstarter

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,206
edited April 2018 in General Gaming
Sounds really sweet, gonna follow this one for sure.

"A platoon-based realistic multiplayer first-person shooter for PC set during the Second World War.

HUGE BATTLES - 100 players per game, 50 per team

COORDINATE - Win through teamwork, tactics, and communication

A NEW METAGAME - Capture sectors and resources to beat your enemy into submission

COMBINED ARMS - Over 20 different player-controlled vehicles and deployed weapons

EPIC THEATER OF WAR - Do battle across a 1:1 scale 4 kilometer-squared map

MORE THAN THE TWITCH - Supply, capture and building systems ​

EXPERIENCE HISTORY - Historically accurate arsenal with realistic weapon behavior

A MODERN ENGINE - Developed for Unreal Engine 4"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=Jjz64W08HrA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackmatter/hell-let-loose

Asheram

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,813
    Gameplay announcement trailer, looks interesting. 
    Maurgrim
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,813
    edited June 10

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,806
    A game you can only enjoy with player voice communications turned off.

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    Well at least they whipped up a working prototype before passing the hat around so kudos for that lads.

"People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos...
    That some sort of culture of violence will take them over.
    Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands - literally, thousands of songs
    About heartbreak, rejection...pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music
    Because I was miserable... or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

• agamennagamenn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Looks good
  • reddingtongomesreddingtongomes Newbie Posts: 0

Every gun in this game is good. They all do damage and they all have a role. This is fantastic. I love playing with any class because the guns are all fun to use. I have had some great CQB fighting with the SMG.

Every time I play the game I tend to pick up Squad leader or commander at least every 2nd game. Simply since it is frustrating to play with someone in a leadership role who does not have a microphone so I try to do my bit. I also enjoy playing those roles due to the responsibility that comes with it and that you can have a more direct impact on decision making and the outcome of the larger battle.
    The problem comes that this means I have to use the SMG more than 50% of the time. This used to be fine for me but now it's grating on my nerves because anything beyond short range I am fighting at a major disadvantage. I am forced to not take engagements because I am not sure I would be able to land 2 direct hits before the enemy can turn around and shoot me once with his rifle. Firing single shots helps but not enough.
    Feeling like I wouldn't win a fight, I am forced to run to cover and try to sneak up on the enemy or just make a mad dash to get close. Which 9/10 times means I die in the sprint.