Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Patch 8.2.5 New Male/Female Worgen Model Comprison - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Patch 8.2.5 New Male/Female Worgen Model Comprison - MMORPG.com

In a video by MrGM, differences between the old and new Worgen designs in World of Warcraft PTR are looked at.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Catering to furries.
    foxgirlDarkpigeonjimmywolfYukmarc
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Cool, but its stupid that the dudes only get the different eye colours.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019

foxgirl said:

Cool, but its stupid that the dudes only get the different eye colours.

Blizzard is honestly too lazy, just like when they gave blood elves the "gold eye" option, yet its only attached to certain faces, not a true option to turn any face type's eyes gold. At least some shills are starting to see how lazy Blizzard is really being thanks to the Alabastar mounts.
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    The game needs a overhaul in gameplay first, no need to look good if it plays like shit
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited August 2019
    I am one of those people who like the Worgen female not snarling option. I had such a hard time when I created my female Tauren when the game launched because no other race then could be a Horde Druid. I played her till 32 and yeah in the end the female cow just didn't work for me eventhough I loved her different forms far more than the Night Elf ones. Yeah I am the culprit that loves these changes.
    Soulsemmer
    Chamber of Chains
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    edited August 2019

Nyctelios said:

The game itself needs a dire overhaul in their models... I mean, seriously, there is data mining of the new models of certain characters for the next patch (which I won't say to avoid spoilers) and they "look like belong to another game" is a common comment over wow head and alikes for a reason - The game's aesthetics is changing for something else and... if you create a new character from scratch you can see it changing as you progress through the game content.

Even after the rework Stormwind is so so ugly. Even uglier when you go there teleporting from Kul'Tiras. The diference in quality, both in textures and the models themselves, is like a slap in the face.

Yeah when it comes to the new models for upcoming characters, they look incredible in comparison to even the new player models. They did an abysmal job with the Nightborne both in terms of quality of the model and customization choices just as an example. Also I can't help but feel irritated that they can come up with armor skins for the plot NPC's that are so incredibly far beyond better and cooler looking than anything we get as the players. This isn't new, but as time goes on the difference between NPC and player equipment is so huge that it has become off-putting. They really ought to put in the effort into what players are actually playing, and not an NPC that stands there and does next to nothing 99.999% of the time.
    [Deleted User]hallucigenocideDarkpigeon
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489
    The armors still look like crap. Not even armors really, retextured nude body.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Just based on the screenshot, I think I prefer the "old" version over the new.
    Soulsemmer
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2019
    I prefer the old ones for both male and female. The new ones look more like dogs instead of vicious wolves.
    Soulsemmer
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    jgDuffay said:
    The game needs a overhaul in gameplay first, no need to look good if it plays like shit
    Uhhhh, WoW has plenty of issues (mostly related to the planned-obsolescence cycle of content) but playing like shit ain't one of em.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    really? omg , male worgen looks like a wolf cub now
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Multi gazillion dollar company.....takes 8 years for a character model. And it's not even good or exciting enough to justify the wait.
    [Deleted User]
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    it's pretty crazy what they can make with that 90's engine but yeah it's time to upgrade.. they can bloody well afford it.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

I prefer the old ones for both male and female. The new ones look more like dogs instead of vicious wolves.

The old females looked like rabid chihuahuas. I prefer the new ones. Better to check them out in the wowhead model viewer to see them in action.
    Soulsemmer
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    The biggest mistake I felt WoW made was not having a 3rd faction, the neutrals....Those that hated both the alliance and the horde......Instead of trying to force certain races into an alliance a third would have been perfect...The battlefields would have been a blast with a 3rd faction.