Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fire Emblem Three Houses Discussion

2»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,759
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:
    Oh it is on Switch. I hadn't realised.
    This is what frustrates me. I've been wathcing CohhCarnage (Twitch guy) playing this game and it looks awesome! But I'm NOT buying a switch, or any other new console just to play it. I can only hope it may eventually come to PC, but I'm not holding my breath.

The game hits home for me on so many levels. It has strategic combat with a squad. The battle maps are interesting and different enough to use varying tactics. I like the story I've seen thus far. You also have some control over how your "students" improve, or level up.

All in all, a game I could see myself sinking weeks (months?) into, if it was on PC ;)
    Check out Valkyria Chronicles, it might resonate with you, a lot @AlBQuirky

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Or XCom 2.
    Yeah indeed. When it comes to overall tone and characters VA seems a bit closer though (for me).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,594
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:
    This is what frustrates me. I've been wathcing CohhCarnage (Twitch guy) playing this game and it looks awesome! But I'm NOT buying a switch, or any other new console just to play it. I can only hope it may eventually come to PC, but I'm not holding my breath.

The game hits home for me on so many levels. It has strategic combat with a squad. The battle maps are interesting and different enough to use varying tactics. I like the story I've seen thus far. You also have some control over how your "students" improve, or level up.

All in all, a game I could see myself sinking weeks (months?) into, if it was on PC ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Or XCom 2.
    Yeah indeed. When it comes to overall tone and characters VA seems a bit closer though (for me).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I can see that. Personally, I was never a fan of the less interesting/storied characters and the real time shooting gameplay mixed in. I prefer a pure turn based strategy experience.
    vandal5627
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,842
        Great Game ive been playing for a wile , Much better tactics and character builds imo ..

Aeander
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,842
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:

• MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I'm over 40 hours into the game, still in part 1, and it's starting to get DEEP.

Great game!
    Ltldoggvandal5627Aeander
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 772
    edited August 2
    I just bought a switch and this game just because of this thread, thanks everyone.
    LtldoggArterius
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I just pulled the plug on a switch and this game just because of this thread, thanks everyone.
    Let me know what you think as I am thinking of doing the same!
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,548
    agamenn said:
    I will wait for a sale :P

May I ask why? If you are just simply wanting to save money, fair enough. But I must say, if you are making sure you get value per dollar spent this game has you covered. My first playthrough was 60 hours and there is enough content to play through that it is pretty different each time. Overall if you play through all 3 houses + the secret path in one of the houses you are talking well over 200 hours of game.
    Ltldogg
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,216
    I love this game so far. It's a tad slow paced in between battles but honestly it's been quite enjoyable.
    Ltldogg
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 299
    agamenn said:
    I will wait for a sale :P

Good luck with that dont think nintendo knows what a sale is.  It is hard to find even Breath of the Wild for less than $50 and it was a switch release game. 

I love this game so far. It's a tad slow paced in between battles but honestly it's been quite enjoyable.
    I was worried it would be a lot worse in that regard, given how much it shares with Persona between battles.

But really, I've found that the game is designed such that you're probably only going to explore the monastery once per calendar month, with the other weeks being reserved for side battles or seminars between main missions. 

One of my little nitpicks in the pacing is actually a good thing, but it can be exhaustive. And that's that the support conversation buildup in this game is more lenient than in previous entries, resulting in a bunch of them being thrown at you all at once. That could have perhaps been resolved by putting a cap on the number of supports that non-Byleth units can have in a playthrough (like in the GBA and Gamecube games).
    Ltldoggvandal5627
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,354
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I have the first one. Looks like a replay is in order. Good suggestion :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Or XCom 2.
    XCom 2 is a great game. Fire Emblem puts it to shame, though. There is so much more in the game than just killing aliens :)
    AeanderArterius

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

So for those playing the game, who is your favorite character?

Mine's Linhardt. 
    Aeander said:
    So for those playing the game, who is your favorite character?

Mine's Linhardt. 
    [Exits: Stage Right] ----->

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 433
    Its an awesome game so far. Really enjoying the story and the characters. Felix is a beast so far. completely destroys people. Blue Lions all the way!
    I finished the Black Eagles campaign. That was an amazing 73 hour ride. 

Going to roll Golden Deer next. 

By the way, conventional wisdom doesn't apply here. Bows are actually the best weapon type in this game, not the worst. The best classes are the Bow Knight, Wyvern Lord,  Falcon Knight, and maybe Paladin. 
    Ltldogg
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member UncommonPosts: 1,412
    edited August 4
    Black Eagles (as in, after you make the choice to teach Black Eagles at the beginning of the game) actually has a second separate story route if you try hard enough to get it, though maybe you already knew that (some people liked a certain character so much that they never even realized it was a hidden route when they ended up on it)
    Black Eagles (as in, after you make the choice to teach Black Eagles at the beginning of the game) actually has a second separate story route if you try hard enough to get it, though maybe you already knew that (some people liked a certain character so much that they never even realized it was a hidden route when they ended up on it)
    I'm well aware. I had that decision. But I wanted to experience the main path first.
    edited August 7
    So i'm about 10 hours into this game.  The story is great so far and the battles just like how i like them way better than Fire Emblem Fates (hated what they did with that one), i like that it's more like Path of Radiance on the game cube but i'm not really enjoying the RPG parts of the game and how you can't control how the days go by (it's just an auto calendar that runs through the days and something pops up to tell you what to do.  So many tedious and monotonous stuff.  The finding the person that lost an item i dispise so much lol.  I"m sure some people will enjoy that but it's definitely not for me, i just want to battle and see how strong my characters get when i get promotions.  :) But putting my peeves aside a very solid game i will keep on playing until i finish all three Families and probably skip most of the RPG parts except for using activity points.
    So i'm about 10 hours into this game.  The story is great so far and the battles just like how i like them way better than Fire Emblem Fates (hated what they did with that one), i like that it's more like Path of Radiance on the game cube but i'm not really enjoying the RPG parts of the game and how you can't control how the days go by (it's just an auto calendar that runs through the days and something pops up to tell you what to do.  So many tedious and monotonous stuff.  The finding the person that lost an item i dispise so much lol.  I"m sure some people will enjoy that but it's definitely not for me, i just want to battle and see how strong my characters get when i get promotions.  :) But putting my peeves aside a very solid game i will keep on playing until i finish all three Families and probably skip most of the RPG parts except for using activity points.
    Perhaps it might come as some relief to you that there is a New Game + mode which helps greatly alleviate some of those things you take issue with on playing the other Houses.

You'll be able to keep your Saint Statue bonuses and be able to spend renown on instantly raising your professor level, skill levels, and other bonuses to any level you've already achieved in previous playthroughs. This helps greatly speed up the early game and makes recruiting everyone much more feasible. It also gives you the option to do 2 side battles per free day early on.

As far as lost items go, I recommend not going out of your way to do them if they bother you. You can achieve the same benefits through purchasing bulk gifts and giving them to characters they fit. It's a lot less character specific, and there are convenient guides on who likes what.
    Aeander said:
    Perhaps it might come as some relief to you that there is a New Game + mode which helps greatly alleviate some of those things you take issue with on playing the other Houses.

You'll be able to keep your Saint Statue bonuses and be able to spend renown on instantly raising your professor level, skill levels, and other bonuses to any level you've already achieved in previous playthroughs. This helps greatly speed up the early game and makes recruiting everyone much more feasible. It also gives you the option to do 2 side battles per free day early on.

As far as lost items go, I recommend not going out of your way to do them if they bother you. You can achieve the same benefits through purchasing bulk gifts and giving them to characters they fit. It's a lot less character specific, and there are convenient guides on who likes what.
    Nice, thanks for the info and tips.