Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What T.V. shows you wished never got canceled/ended

13»

Comments

• esarphieesarphie Member UncommonPosts: 76

In order of sadness:

Firefly -- was just starting to get into it late... and it went away. If you don't have the patience for hours and hours of tv dvds (if you can find em) just rent Serenity... and wail and moan with the rest of us.

Angel -- I admit it, I loved that show and was shocked when it was cancelled. However, it's not at the top of my list because of the incredible way that Joss Whedon (sp?) blew out the series at the end. Instead of tying up all the ends or snipping em off (as was done with Buffy) he left the intrepid protagonists in the heat of the most ferocious battle with evil ever. That's the best way to remember them, doing what we loved to watch for all time...

Space Above and Beyond -- One of the few sci-fi series ever aired that tries to take a real-life, down and dirty view of the future. Sure there's technology, and they're fighting a war across the galaxy, but at heart, they're the same kind of folks around today.

I'm gonna skip the cartoon world, because there are too many to mention there... consider this my top list.

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

i guess i will have to be the only one to say that im glade futurama was cancelled. should have been cancelled 2 years prior. the plots where going to rediculious mod it was mind numbing.::::20::::::28::

dont get me wrong i own the first 3 seasons i love them all just only so long you can go without hooking up fry and lela.

• ConradMaxConradMax Member Posts: 45

1) The Immortal

2) Alias Smith and Jones

3) That Girl

4) Room 222

5) Nanny and the Professor

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    Dang I can't believe no one mentioned FarScape..
    My list.. is
    1)  FarScape  (What an amazing show... I always wanted to see Talon do more)
    2) Quantum Leap ... ohh boy
    3) Space above and Beyond  (Really cool)
    4)  First Wave... (although it got really really confusing in the end)

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Orcc
    The Simpsons should  not be cancelled thay still got life in them
    Name one episode thats come out in the last couple years that doesnt A) have a ridiculously stupid story or B) use a celeberity voice. The last episode I  half-saw because my brother was watching it, was Homer gets sent to India to work in their power plant and they worship him as god. How idiotic is that? Any longtime fan of the Simpsons would agree with me.

I've  been watching the simpsons since it's first episode (I was 11 i think). Bottom line is, the Simpsons still makes me laugh....a lot. That's all that matters to me, I don't care how it happens. The Simpsons is still one of the best shows on TV (Family Guy and Scrubs rule too). It's still witty and uses a lot of timing and play on words. Good stuff.

Back on topic. I wish they never cancelled Married With Children, Futurama and Arrested Development

Joined - July 2004

• Camdidu5Camdidu5 Member Posts: 7
    Faulty Towers. Simply priceless. Or just 49.99 if you act now! >>>Buy me<<<

Arrested Development. Its a great teacher of how to jack up your family...and irony too.

1) UFO

2) The Invaders

3) Mission: Impossible

4) Pistols and Petticoats

5) The Green Hornet

• DowieDowie Member Posts: 280
    Futurama!

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671
    In no particular order :

Firefly
    Space: above and beyond
    Bucky O'hare
    Farscape

• cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

-All in the Family(hehe love this show)
    -Seinfeld
    -Rocko's modern life

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

• Draogan122Draogan122 Member Posts: 61

That 70's show- Oh how i loved that show

The angry beavors

Invader Zim

Rocko's Modern Life

Hey Arnold!

Those are just some of the cartoons i used to watch, i still watch invader zim from time to time, but i mostly just watch South park. I love that show and I dread the day it will be cancelled.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

1. Boomtown . I loved that show. The writing was beyond anything I've ever seen on television. The stories were shot and arranged from multiple perspectives; you'd see events unfold from one character's point-of-view, then another's, but you wouldn't really understand what the truth was until you'd seen the final act. The whole show was a testimonial to the fact that rarely is any single person's perception of truth accurate, that every person has their own reality. When the show was cancelled, I stopped watching television altogether for about five months.

2. Firefly . It's already been mentioned quite a bit, but this show, much like Boomtown, had its own voice. It didn't feel homogenized at all. The stories were complete, the characters were all diverse yet likeable, the setting was intriguing, the theme song was one of the best ever, and the general "feel" of the show just grabbed me. "Serenity" was the first movie I actually went to the theater to see in four years (normally I just rent DVDs).

Everytime a show like either of these get cancelled, I find myself getting more and more cynical. Ratings are what ultimately determine any show's success or failure, and mainstream America either didn't grasp or didn't like either of these programs enough to watch. And yet, "American Idol" is a cultural phenomenon. Some days I just want to stay in bed in and groan at the absurdity of it all.

• ChaosKinChaosKin Member Posts: 50

Dead Like me.

Firefly.

(sorry I happen to be very happy Seinfeld is gone, along with Friends and 30something)

Bringing Chaos to your locale.

• KimoKimo Member UncommonPosts: 62

Firefly

Earth 2

EZ Streets

Dark Angel

John Doe

Brimstone

Farscape 

There are othres, but those are some of the ones that come to mind for me real quick.

• ifartedifarted Member Posts: 4

REN AND STIMPY!!!!

Sorry, had to shout it because I thought that show was genius.

• KontraKontra Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by Jenuviel
    Ratings are what ultimately determine any show's success or failure, and mainstream America either didn't grasp or didn't like either of these programs enough to watch. And yet, "American Idol" is a cultural phenomenon. Some days I just want to stay in bed in and groan at the absurdity of it all.

HERE HERE!!

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

Friends.

I just love that show from start to end... I wish they never stopped!

• zeedaamzeedaam Member Posts: 145
    Invader Zim and Sealab 2021

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by cornoffcob

-All in the Family(hehe love this show)

Yes. Archie rules.

Also, Sanford and Son and SOAP. The only show to have murder, betrayl, a talking puppet, A gay guy (Billy Crystal) that only dates women, The mafia, the invisible man, alien babies, satanic babies, a crazy father and BENSON! I freaking loved this show.

1) Soap

2)Mary Hatman, Mary Hartman

3) All In The Family

4) Fernwood Tonight/ America Tonight

1) The Midnight Special

2) Don Kirchner's Rock Concert

3) Friday

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312
    Viva la Bam and Jackass, yes it seems idiotic but I liked them because they performed stunts that no one else would have considered, boo for mtv censoring. :/