Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Texas Rebulicans blame mass shootings on video games?

GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
edited August 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Most games that are released in the U.S. are released worldwide yet mass shooting is overwhelmingly a U.S. problem.  Sure i do believe some countries censor violence of video games but has this led to a decrease in gun violence or the fact that they have successful curbed the volume of weapons owned by their citizens.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    did you care when Obama talked about Video Games as an issue to mass shootings?

boris20
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Myrdynn said:

I did. I guess i should had left the word republican out and switched it with politicians.

However what is your point of view regardless of your party affiliation.
    I dont think Video games do a thing
    Groqstrong
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kenguru23kenguru23 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Myrdynn said:

Trump 2019:
    “We must stop the glorification of violence in our society. This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence. We must stop or substantially reduce this.”

Obama 2013:
    "I will direct the Centers for Disease Control to go ahead and study the best ways to reduce it -- and Congress should fund research into the effects that violent video games have on young minds. We don't benefit from ignorance. We don't benefit from not knowing the science of this epidemic of violence."

Seems like a meaningful difference to me
    Groqstrongalkarionlog
    kenguru23 said:
    Myrdynn said:

Trump 2019:
    “We must stop the glorification of violence in our society. This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence. We must stop or substantially reduce this.”

Obama 2013:
    "I will direct the Centers for Disease Control to go ahead and study the best ways to reduce it -- and Congress should fund research into the effects that violent video games have on young minds. We don't benefit from ignorance. We don't benefit from not knowing the science of this epidemic of violence."

Seems like a meaningful difference to me
    yep, two people saying similar things, but Orange man bad, Obama king

I am not a Trump supporter fwiw
    kenguru23alkarionlogAlBQuirky
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753

Texas Rebulicans Boomers blame mass shootings on video games?

Fixed it for you.

The boomer menace knows no party.
    kenguru23QuicksandNorseGod
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2019
    Trump has just gone on record in his latest speech blaming violent video games for the rise in mass shootings. Because...you know, we certainly don't want to blame the more obvious reasons.

The irony is that the people saying this have actively encouraged violence through rhetoric demonizing minority populations in the US.

kenguru23DragonJockeyMyrdynnQuicksandalkarionlogDakeruJamar870CaffynatedJeffSpicoliNorseGodand 8 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This discussion has been closed.