Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima X: Odyssey: New Screen @ OGaming.com

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Ultima X OGaming (http://ultimax.ogaming.com ) has released another exclusive screenshot! This one shows some adventurers wandering through a sparse forest.

You can check out the full size screen shot at this link.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• SilveradoSilverado Member Posts: 41

I am so impressed by the graphics. And if I had not been getting Calandryll's missives about the real meat of the game -- which is assuredly based on gameplay and role playing -- I would think that its all about being eye candy! All eye candy. It looks like I could get grass stains from that turf! Holy sheesh!

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    I don't know.  The character graphics seem somewhat cartoonish to me.  Maybe that's what they're going for:  fantasy animated style instead of realism, sort of like WoW is doing.

I believe that this "superhero" cartoonishness is not only intentional, but I did a little Googling and found the following on the UXO preview here:

"Characters have a very "cartoonish" feel and I found it refreshing and new. You will see the developers great sense of humor shine through as characters and monsters do humorous animations while left idle - some examples are headless monsters looking for their heads and doing "end zone" dances in your face. Monsters and characters have high complexity ranging from 1000 to 3000 polygons per model - the result is very detailed models that look at feel lifelike." - Craig McGregor

Is what I am hearing from you more to the effect that you want sort of an immersion game, where you feel like you're out in a forest and hunting down cerberi?  If that's what you're looking for, I don't know who can really give it to you?  Can Horizons?  Can EQ?  Can Final Fantasy?  Which game looks to be immersive?

Cerberus was a vicious beast that guarded the entrance to Hades and kept the living from entering the world of the dead. According to Apollodorus, Cerberus was a strange mixture of creatures: he had three heads of wild dogs, a dragon or serpent for a tail, and heads of snakes all over his back. Hesiod, though, says that Cerberus had fifty heads and devoured raw flesh.

As taken from here

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77

Thanks for the mythology lesson silver.  I agree that some of the characters are a lottle cartoony, but then again this is fantasy, Right?  What I am really loving about uxo is the environment-- very atmospheric and real... The PvE aspect of UXO will have more depth thanks to the photorealistic environmental graphics...my 2 cents

Well, I don't think of what I know about UXO as being PvE per se -- not like Horizons is!  I mean, it really could end up being a lot like West Side Story or like like Oakland, California: The Jets v the Sharks or the Bloods v the Crips.  You can take your guild and go kick another guild up and down the dungeon. 

But, that said, I agree that the Environmental stuff is dead sexy!

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77

The UXO screenie I posted reminds me of Hobbitses, as Smegol would say "Come on, Hobbitses!"...maybe I am just coming off a Return of the King high....again.image

You're just rubbing our noses in the fact that UXO doesn't have either Hobbits or Halflings, now aren't you?  What do you all think of the Phoda?