Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Dead Online Update Adds Player Roles, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRed Dead Online Update Adds Player Roles, More

In a blog post today, Rockstar announced player roles will be coming to Red Dead Online "soon."

Read the full story here

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Cool you can progress all three simultaneously.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    edited August 2019
    Collectors can use metal detectors? Can they also use time machines because metal detectors werent commercially available until the late 1920s.
    chilltime99
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Somehow I knew it had to be the same person as the click bait Borderlands 3 post. A RD2 online update "will add"...future tense, not "adds" present tense. Can someone tell this person to knock this shit off?
    Solar_ProphetVasel
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

KnaveSkye said:

Somehow I knew it had to be the same person as the click bait Borderlands 3 post. A RD2 online update "will add"...future tense, not "adds" present tense. Can someone tell this person to knock this shit off?

The guy is on Bethesda's payroll, so maybe write an email to them? I doubt the staff here will do anything. Like most mainstream gaming media, they're quickly becoming irrelevant and thus need to resort to clickbait to generate revenue.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SwissGreaseSwissGrease Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited August 2019

Xiaoki said:

Collectors can use metal detectors? Can they also use time machines because metal detectors werent commercially available until the late 1920s.

>>In 1881, Alexander Graham Bell invented the first metal detector. As President James Garfield lay dying of an assassin's bullet, Bell hurriedly invented a crude metal detector in an unsuccessful attempt to locate the fatal slug. Bell's metal detector was an electromagnetic device he called the induction balance.
    "Red Dead Redemption 2 is set in 1899" Like yea I guess that does leave a pretty large ~32 year gap between Gerhard Fischar's portable detector hitting the shelves and the point in time this game takes place but at the same time I feel it won't feel too out of place depending on how its done. Not the most accurate but imo it feel like it'll be t o o out of place(hopefully).
    fatpanda
  • fatpandafatpanda Member UncommonPosts: 116
    edited August 2019

Xiaoki said:

They were invented in 1881...RD2 takes place in 1899...so why does it matter when they were "commercially available"? (As said in above post)
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Nice title: "Red Dead Online Update Adds Player Roles, More".

...more what?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

KnaveSkye said:

I think I agree with you. This news article https://www.mmorpg.com/mordhau/news/mordhau-to-receive-anti-griefing-changes-and-more-in-update-1000053186 was posted on the 22nd and none of that stuff has been added to Mordham yet almost 2 weeks later.