Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic Test Coming August 8 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic Test Coming August 8 - MMORPG.com

In a new forum post, Blizzard Community Manager, Kaivax, announced that global pre-launch testing of WoW Classic will begin on Thursday, August 8 at 11am PDT.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I'll Re-sub on the 26th when the Game opens. :)
    HalibrandLtldoggjgDuffayAlomarRich84Blueliner

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I'd help them test, but I'm not paying to help them test. I'll also wait to sub until the game launches for real. :)
    WhiskeydustvelimiriusThupliAlomarRich84ValdheimManWithNoTan
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    edited August 2019
    Avanah said:
    I'll Re-sub on the 26th when the Game opens. :)
    Same!
    Rich84
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Yeah it isn't too hard to just wait for when launch is, don't really want to waste time on a character that will just go away.
    WhiskeydustjgDuffayRich84
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Age of Wonders

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

Palebane said:

Age of Wonders

This land was green and good, until the Crystal cracked!
    jdnewellPalebane
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Yes people, you are allowed to choose when you sub. Nobody is forcing you. Blizzard wants a ton of players for the stress test and not a single one us need to sub for it. The existing subs are fine.

You aren't making some critical statement through protest movements saying you will sub at launch if you want to play Classic. Drama Queens abound here.
    WhiskeydustManWithNoTan

You stay sassy!

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited August 2019
    So what are the odds they'll add a proper cash shop to Classic a month after launch.
    ThupliArskaaabcbullyDragonJockeyWhiskeydustkenguru23
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Finally!!!! I've been wanting to find a virtual world to escape to.
    Whiskeydust

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Robokapp said:
    Xarko said:
    So what are the odds they'll add a proper cash shop to Classic a month after launch.
    nil.
    Wouldn't it be a surprise though?
    jgDuffay
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Tamanous said:

Yes people, you are allowed to choose when you sub. Nobody is forcing you. Blizzard wants a ton of players for the stress test and not a single one us need to sub for it. The existing subs are fine.

You aren't making some critical statement through protest movements saying you will sub at launch if you want to play Classic. Drama Queens abound here.

It's not about making a critical statement (Which it is and to effect).

If Blizzard really wanted to Stress their Servers they would allow people to do so for Free. That would really get more people in to REALLY Stress the servers.

This Stress test is only there to add more money to their wallets, nothing more. If their Servers are not ready by now, 2 weeks will not make a difference.

I've been playing WoW Off and On since Beta 2004. We stress tested FREE back then when Blizzard eyes had Fun in them...
    Today their Eyes have $ symbols in them.

I'm not protesting...I'm saving my money for when it matters to me.

You may step off of that Horse now.
    SeelinnikoiRich84swaghole[Deleted User]BluelinerKirtisManWithNoTan

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Is there an official statement about this particular stress test where they say you need a sub?
    Also it's a stress test that will last few hours... if you don't have an active sub at the moment and it requires one, just skip the test. You aren't really missing much :)
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Xarko said:

very high.
    Not after month tho. more like 2-3 month.
    lets say 5 million player play WoW classic and 2 million retail WoW, it would be stypid not add cash shop to classic.
    Slapshot1188
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Arskaaa said:

Xarko said:

very high.

lets say 5 million player play WoW classic and 2 million retail WoW, it would be stypid not add cash shop to classic.

I don't think you quite understand the premise of Classic...
    bcbullyswagholeXingbairong

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49

Is there an official statement about this particular stress test where they say you need a sub?

Also it's a stress test that will last few hours... if you don't have an active sub at the moment and it requires one, just skip the test. You aren't really missing much :)

Wrong, you will be able to play a couple days just like every other test they have done. They will only be monitoring the test for the first few hours however.

• ronanxronanx Member UncommonPosts: 35

Arskaaa said:

Xarko said:

very high.

adding a cash shop will kill classic. The people playing classic want classic if you add a cash shop to classic those people will quit. It would be a very stupid move.
    swaghole
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    So for 2 hours only?!
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    well, pity they didn't release it earlier, I guess I'll miss the first wave of leveling since I'll be away for three months. I hope there will be players still leveling around Xmas time...
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    gl doing anything in 2h
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited August 2019
    ronanx said:

Arskaaa said:

Xarko said:

very high.

adding a cash shop will kill classic. The people playing classic want classic if you add a cash shop to classic those people will quit. It would be a very stupid move.
    2 million quit, 3 million stay and their spend equals 8 million players...
    swaghole
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    they are so smart, wait for that month sub to end from the last " test " and have another test so people sub again ! people be paying 4 months of wow sub to test a game that came out in 04 and will be wiped at release.
    WhiskeydustRich84ManWithNoTan
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

DrunkWolf said:

they are so smart, wait for that month sub to end from the last " test " and have another test so people sub again ! people be paying 4 months of wow sub to test a game that came out in 04 and will be wiped at release.

nostalgia is a great selling point
    i will wait till server launches and see
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Ensifer said:

Wrong, you will be able to play a couple days just like every other test they have done. They will only be monitoring the test for the first few hours however.

I see... well it's all the same. If people don't have sub and it requires one I don't see the point in subbing. Perhaps if people were wondering if the game will run on their system, but c'mon... this is WoW. It runs on everything.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I still haven't figured out what class I am playing for certain.  I'm not testing this as I don't like wasting my time for nothing, but I am really excited for this to be released when I can actually start playing.  

I just wish game companies would all stop releasing all the good games right around the same time.  Besides Underrail Expeditions there has been jack shit for games this summer, and then a mad rush to release a bunch of good games all right at the end of summer.  Its very annoying.  
    Margrave
  • mattro78mattro78 Member CommonPosts: 1
    I'm not paying for the right to test their game. This time should be free.
    I'll wait for launch and see if i feel like joining