Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Universe - Dev Diary Alpha 2 | July - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageDual Universe - Dev Diary Alpha 2 | July - MMORPG.com

The latest Dual Universe developer update has been published, this time with news about the July 11th start of Alpha 2 with new additions and improvements. Most notably players will notice several quality of life improvements that have been in development since the end of Alpha 1.

Read the full story here

Erillion

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

#insane . This looks epeic!

it is but it is also very much an alpha
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    I a m not sure if i already checked this game out before,so many lookalikes and so many games in the market.
    The video tried hard to explain and give hope,i still didn't catch a drift from the video.

My opinion is that it will be VERY tough for a game to try and match what i get in Atlas for a world,with the best water,land and what i can do on both.On land i fight treasure guardians,varied foes from normal wildlife to Fantasy creatures as well i can build stuff.On the water i can sail my ships,dive in the water or use a suit to dive deep and inside the water are foes as well from giant whales/crabs to sharks/manta ray/jellyfish/Siren/mermaid.As well i can see and fish for food.

So this game has "Industry" ok that is nice,something i don't have in Atlas.I am not a fan of anything automated,i feel it dilutes the product,there will simply be TOO much.So not sure if an economy will ever be much in an automated factory system.

I hear it is a sort of space game but adds in this element of ground gaming,i applaud that,seems decent enough effort.The space aspect i have a problem with.I am not a fan of pew pew in space,i am just not,the exploration of planets and other ideas in space,sure i could go for that.Perhaps ships navigating space to get to other locations to harvest rare resources,maybe find some important secrets,again sure i could go for that.

So overall,this game will be a tough sell for me,if it was more Fantasy geared than space,then it has a better chance.IDK maybe when all is said and done it has enough of the surprise and micro managing factor i like to take a closer look.

SpiiderWalkinGlenn

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is almost never about the sales pitch.
    What i do with every game is i ask myself "Why am i going to play this game",yes i need a reason.So you know someone can show me all kinds of elements but still the same question,WHY am i playing.
    I find MOST people don't get it or use that same criteria,some see loot,some see popularity,i need a real reason as to why i play,be it building stuff or a combination of enjoying exploration/economy/characterization/combat/building etc etc.

So any game that comes along NEEDS to entice me to have a reason to play,no it does not have to be AAA,that expectation is impossible because the market does not produce AAA games,i just need a decent game with reasoning and makes sense.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AurturoJaneAurturoJane Newbie CommonPosts: 1

UMD game not working

Hello, I just brought a used psp 3001 for nostalgia reasons and to play my sonic game and my sonic game isn’t working.

The game the PSP came with works but not mine. I heard you’re supposed to go into recovery mode but I can’t access it when I hold down r and restart I get the regular menu screen and pressing select doesn’t do anything.

Please help I really just wanna play sonic.

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451

UMD game not working

Hello, I just brought a used psp 3001 for nostalgia reasons and to play my sonic game and my sonic game isn’t working.

The game the PSP came with works but not mine. I heard you’re supposed to go into recovery mode but I can’t access it when I hold down r and restart I get the regular menu screen and pressing select doesn’t do anything.

Please help I really just wanna play sonic.

Custom firmware is your friend. Just search online for psp 3000 permanent cfw and go from there. I have 3 psp 3000's all with cfw running all emulators from nes to playstation. Not to mention the hundreds of native psp games i have "backed up lol". Anyway, the internet is your friend. 

End derailment.