Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria Bard Profession Detailed - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLegends of Aria Bard Profession Detailed - MMORPG.com

Bards have arrived to Legends of Aria, according to a new blog post spotlighting the profession.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Scorchien said:

Unless you want better everything, then I suggest Legends of Aria. It has a way, way better rpg system than UO. The last time I checked out UO they did have starting area quests to guide players so in my opinion they blow LoA away in that regard, but I have to say, in my opinion, LoA does absolutely everything else better. And, again, when it comes to the rpg system there is no comparison.

My hope is player run world servers are popular and have good custom content and quests like a lot of the NWN servers.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Which one was the Bard, Beavis or Butthead? I forget.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Anyone that wants what UO has to offer already knows where to find it.
    ScorchienkitaradDragonJockey
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    The skill system in this doesn't even look like it comes close to UO in the glory days.
  • asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    the housing system is also not super very smart
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited August 2019
    Last time I've checked there wasn't an auto-attack / auto-repeat last action functionality thus the whole experience consisted of unfathomable amount of mouse clicks. Like I'm playing a game actually designed in the early 90s, without any modern quality-of-life features.

Any idea if it's still the same?

Thank you for your time!

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129

asnow said:

What do you know about being smart?
    mmolou
  • firebrandfirebrand Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited August 2019

3dom said:

Last time I've checked there wasn't an auto-attack / auto-repeat last action functionality thus the whole experience consisted of unfathomable amount of mouse clicks. Like I'm playing a game actually designed in the early 90s, without any modern quality-of-life features.

Any idea if it's still the same?

Not sure what you mean.

There is auto-attack in game (melee, ranged and unarmed skills) and you can assign keys to spells and most skills like healing and channeling.
    Also there are even native keys for target self, last target, etc. Not to mention that you can even Tab for target and use WASD movement if you wish.
    Post edited by firebrand on
  • asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43

ElonMusk said:

asnow said:

What do you know about being smart?

About being smart, dont say Steam servers, if you don't do anything for the actual steam players to get a decent plot x).
    You're welcome, i love when kiddos ask question and get what they deserve
    Gdemami
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I think I'll try this out.
    blamo2000firebrandTokken
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    I don't understand people thinking since there is UO there can be no other games similar to UO. Its like the asshats that post about the CoX servers when a news post about City of Titans or Ship of Heroes is posted. People want new, better, different, improved upon. Especially when it comes to systems/gameplay/mechanics they enjoy and value.

For me, character development systems and the overall rpg systems is my biggest draw to games. Why would I not want a new game I somewhat enjoy (UO) with a much superior and improved rpg system and character development?

Its the exact reason I am looking forward to WoW Classic.
    SovrathfirebrandGdemami
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Dead by next year.  It's been a trainwreck from day one.
    DragonJockeyGdemami
  • firebrandfirebrand Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited August 2019

blamo2000 said:

I don't understand people thinking since there is UO there can be no other games similar to UO. Its like the asshats that post about the CoX servers when a news post about City of Titans or Ship of Heroes is posted. People want new, better, different, improved upon. Especially when it comes to systems/gameplay/mechanics they enjoy and value.

For me, character development systems and the overall rpg systems is my biggest draw to games. Why would I not want a new game I somewhat enjoy (UO) with a much superior and improved rpg system and character development?

Could not agree more.

What sets apart all the theme park MMOs? Why play new MMOs when you can play EQ? *sarcasm*

Regarding Legends of Aria, it has lots of similarities to UO, but there are also lots of differences.

The article above is a great example of these differences. The bard in LoA is completely different from bards in UO

Post edited by firebrand on
    blamo2000

firebrand said:

blamo2000 said:

Could not agree more.

What sets apart all the theme park MMOs? Why play new MMOs when you can play EQ? *sarcasm*

Regarding Legends of Aria, it has lots of similarities to UO, but there are also lots of differences.

The article above is a great example of these differences. The bard in LoA is completely different from bards in UO

Not just that, but these type of people, and this type of thinking, is exactly what got UO2 cancelled. That was the game I was most looking forward to, and it getting cancelled out of nowhere for this exact type of corporate thinking infuriated me at the time.

What is also weird is Shadowbane was as much of a UO clone as this game and no one said a word about it, as well as many other games since. Why all the backlash and hate on this specific game?
    firebrand
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    blamo2000 said:

firebrand said:

blamo2000 said:

Could not agree more.

Not just that, but these type of people, and this type of thinking, is exactly what got UO2 cancelled. That was the game I was most looking forward to, and it getting cancelled out of nowhere for this exact type of corporate thinking infuriated me at the time.

What is also weird is Shadowbane was as much of a UO clone as this game and no one said a word about it, as well as many other games since. Why all the backlash and hate on this specific game?
    I think at the time the playerbase was a bit less about "games should be this!" as they just saw something they liked and played it.

If I had to guess I would say that some of the people who have issues with this game might be angry at the differences, that it isn't Ultima Online. I also think that there is a contingent of players who are upset at the recent changes to the ruleset.

Quite frankly, from where I sit it looks fun. This wasn't really a game I was even remotely considering but after reading a bit about it I think it could be good. 
    blamo2000
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    blamo2000 said:

There is a bit of a difference there.

LoA has been available outside Steam for awhile now, and will soon be offered on that platform. There is little in the need to bide time at this point by playing a similar title, unless one also wants to play that older game on it's own merit.

So far as I know, ongoing access to CoT or SoH does not as yet exist. CoX is available now, for those wanting to bide time until it is.

Also, to the extent these spiritual successors are similar, those who never played CoX in the old days can check it out to see if those new titles may be of interest.

The CoX successors weren't born out of desire, by the way. If the game had remained open those looking to the future would have been hoping for CoX 2 rather than anything else. As things are now, those making the successors may be worried enthusiasm will wane.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Not sure if the Bard class was part of the crowdfunding goals but if not I think it's a huge mistake adding any extras to the base game and not adding it as paid DLC. Adding too many extras after what was originally promised just prevents the base game from ever going on sale which on Steam is very important. Good DLC's never really age but base games eventually get the labels "old game", "dead game" and on steam DLC's get their own rating so whatever people feel about the base game is not tied into the DLC content.

Here is a good example of a well done base game + dlc. The pricing for the dlc is VERY reasonable too.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/527430/Warhammer_40000_Inquisitor__Martyr/

Having so many DLC even at $2.99 allows them to put their base game on sale and $2.99 for a DLC? A big mac costs $6 so you can get 2 DLC for the price of one big mac.

LoA IS the type of game that has enough content in the base game already to be worth the box price.
    I've spent about 300 hours in the game so far and would gladly pay $4.99 for extra classes like the bard or how about monk or maybe a druid. How about actual "Shards" which can be paid DLC themed instanced worlds with unique mobs + loot. Volcanic world, Steampunk world etc I'd pay $4.99 for each and every one to support the game.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    No shards no game.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I wanted to cut up aliens and get skill in medical research. I could do that before, I can't now.

I'd give it a shot as except for some pvp issues it's not really as bad as what people say it is. Still it's no Ultima Odyssey (track and mark pvpers with a skill)

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

blamo2000 said:

There is a bit of a difference there.

LoA has been available outside Steam for awhile now, and will soon be offered on that platform. There is little in the need to bide time at this point by playing a similar title, unless one also wants to play that older game on it's own merit.

So far as I know, ongoing access to CoT or SoH does not as yet exist. CoX is available now, for those wanting to bide time until it is.

Also, to the extent these spiritual successors are similar, those who never played CoX in the old days can check it out to see if those new titles may be of interest.

The CoX successors weren't born out of desire, by the way. If the game had remained open those looking to the future would have been hoping for CoX 2 rather than anything else. As things are now, those making the successors may be worried enthusiasm will wane.
    People wanting to play a game while waiting for the spiritual successor(s) of that game is not what I am complaining about.  Waiting for the Outer Worlds got me motivated to play all the Tim Cain games I love, from Fallout 1/2 to all the Troika games.  What it didn't do was make me angry people are looking forward to Outer Worlds.  

If you go back and look at CoT and SoH threads since the private CoX servers came out, you have people mad these games are being developed, and people mad other people are excited for and looking forward to spiritual successors.  I was never a huge fan of CoX - I thought it was okay and had a lot of potential if they did x, y, and z different or better.  

And I'm not saying people don't or can't have valid criticisms of a spiritual successor, or a plain old successor.  I think FO 3 and 4 are fake fallouts.  Diablo 3 gutted and ruined the one aspect I really liked about Diablo 2 (skill trees and interesting character building).  I could list a million examples like this.  But what I don't get is people getting mad at spiritual successors in general.  I never one thought, "Why would someone want to play Diablo 3 when they can play Diablo 2?"  Because its new and different.  I definitely don't like that tons of people prefer the complete shit rpg system diablo 3 had over the actual good one Diablo 2 had.   But that is criticizing a specific idea or system rather than the general idea of people wanting something new and different or have better systems (in their opinion).  

One guy above stated UO is better because of a specific system where you can mark and track a PC for pvp.  Its not a system I care about, but I know when SWG had it people loved it, and I understand that its exclusion could alienate people who want it.  I can understand that.  I can't understand why people would get mad or comment on people excited about CoT and SoH because there are private servers for CoX.  

I'm not sure if I am explaining this well or clearly but I already spewed enough text so hopefully this is somewhat sensible or understandable.  

If you go back and look at CoT and SoH threads since the private CoX servers came out, you have people mad these games are being developed, and people mad other people are excited for and looking forward to spiritual successors.

Ah, yes that is silly then. While I think the return of CoX may cause the spiritual successors some trouble, it is ridiculous for fans of it to be angry that the new games are being worked on and hopefully ultimately released, or be bothered by excitement over them.

The return of CoX (other than one private server that was shrouded in secrecy) has just recently become available essentially out of the blue. Prior to that the successors were the only hope for the vast majority of CoX fans of playing a game like it again.

To turn on them now, after years of effort of trying to create something akin to what was thought lost, is certainly something they don't deserve. It is also rather foolish, as the fan celebrated return of CoX as pleasant as it is will always have an element of risk the successors do not.
    Torval said:

If you go back and look at CoT and SoH threads since the private CoX servers came out, you have people mad these games are being developed, and people mad other people are excited for and looking forward to spiritual successors.

Ah, yes that is silly then. While I think the return of CoX may cause the spiritual successors some trouble, it is ridiculous for fans of it to be angry that the new games are being worked on and hopefully ultimately released, or be bothered by excitement over them.

The return of CoX (other than one private server that was shrouded in secrecy) has just recently become available essentially out of the blue. Prior to that the successors were the only hope for the vast majority of CoX fans of playing a game like it again.

To turn on them now, after years of effort of trying to create something akin to what was thought lost, is certainly something they don't deserve. It is also rather foolish, as the fan celebrated return of CoX as pleasant as it is will always have an element of risk the successors do not.
    Except that's not happening. There is no huge outrage. They're inflating what a few mouthy people may have said on some topic somewhere on the internet at some point. This is what people do now, create an artificial bogeyman and manufacture a big fight where there isn't one. If those indie projects ever make a decent superhero game you know everyone that loves those will play it.

Before just accepting what people like that say, make them prove it. It's on them.
    Well then, I guess it isn't a big issue then. But is it a big issue that it isn't a big issue? Not so much.

My sentiment still applies regardless of the number of people involved, even if it turned out to be zero... which it won't, because the proclivity of complaint will ensure someone, somewhere, is bleating out the very stance I critiqued.

Contriving an issue to complain about the contrivance of issues bears a pretty strong resemblance to the practice you deride.
    Gdemami
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Except that's not happening. There is no huge outrage. They're inflating what a few mouthy people may have said on some topic somewhere on the internet at some point. This is what people do now, create an artificial bogeyman and manufacture a big fight where there isn't one. If those indie projects ever make a decent superhero game you know everyone that loves those will play it.

Before just accepting what people like that say, make them prove it. It's on them.
    Well then, I guess it isn't a big issue then. But is it a big issue that it isn't a big issue? Not so much.

My sentiment still applies regardless of the number of people involved, even if it turned out to be zero... which it won't, because the proclivity of complaint will ensure someone, somewhere, is bleating out the very stance I critiqued.

Contriving an issue to complain about the contrivance of issues bears a pretty strong resemblance to the practice you deride.
    I'm pointing out their original premise is flawed. That's valid. I'm not making a new premise supporting or countering that point at all. So, no it isn't the same at all.
    You were also taking issue with my response, which I pointed out was an exaggerated complaint on your part as my response remained applicable regardless of the flaws of the original premise.

One exaggerated complaint is as flawed as another.

So, yes, it is exactly the same.
  • robertduvall059robertduvall059 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    While using HP printer, sometimes you see Printer driver unavailable error. The error happens if printer’s driver is not up-to-date and maybe it is corrupt, or Windows updates are yet to be installed on Windows 10. So, you should check first driver and then check the operating system to know the status of printer driver is unavailable error. To resolve your printer driver unavailable error, you can download or reinstall your driver from 123.hp.com.