Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ninja Leaving Twitch For Exclusive Mixer Partnership

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNinja Leaving Twitch For Exclusive Mixer Partnership

Prolific gamer Tyler "Ninja" Blevins has announced he's leaving Twitch for Microsoft's Mixer streaming platform.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    You mean the shill streaming site is losing its biggest shill to a competitors shill streaming site?

Awesome! This is the quality news we all come here to read......a person whose existence is entirely dependant on the game industry sucking so bad that under developed BR games are somehow....popular.

I defended this site in another thread about broadening it's content coverage to compensate for the sad state the mmo genre is in. But this is scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel afaic.

[Deleted User]Tuor7TillerFolmenMikehaMcOdenPhixion13bcbullyUnrealRpgdoomexand 6 others.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Don't know this guy, does he stream MMO's?
    OzmodanAlomarFolmenmussoliniMikehasakinoldoomex

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Muke said:

is fortnite an mmo? is pubg? if no then no he doesn't.
    ThupliFolmeninfomatz
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    edited August 2019
    It depends on one's definition of massive. Some would say a game with 100 concurrent players actively engaging with each other would qualify as massive.

It beats the number of concurrent players I engaged with in WoW when I was playing it and leveling up which was almost always 0, and that qualifies as a MMORPG.

Anyway, what a streamer is up to is likely news only to his followers.
    Folmenbcbully
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

The guy is a joke anyways there is a vid of him trying to get people in NYC for new years to do the floss with him (its quite funny the result), i mean he has all these SUBS (apparently millions) but his video turn out is less than something like 20k total live views or some crap.

Warframe Dev Streams rake in close to 200k people and they dont have 1million subs yet!

Twitch is for THOTS and hipocrisy thats it! If ur a game streamer u be hard pressed to get up there properly i mean look at Alinity she chucked her cat blatantly and tried to pass it off as placing him gently behind her and also let it taste vodka from her mouth no ban.... Blondie Wondie doing a live stream while driving went over the speed limit cops pulled her over no ban a guy named Knut had done a live stream while driving put his streaming device in his lap and got banned for reckless driving for 7 days by twitch (whether he was or not remains to be seen)....

The site is a joke those thots must be sucking off Jeff Bezos or something along those lines to stay on the platform..... i wouldnt be surprised if Twitch gets taken down because some stupid crap will happen like someone committing a nefarious deed!
    FolmenOzmodan
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    Huh? What is this? I don't even...
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Muke said:

He actually streams FF11 on his night streams. Just like most FPS streamers he plays FPS games during normal hours for his audience. Most big streamers in that genre play/sometimes stream MMOs but it kills their main audience. MMO streamers aside from a handful of WoW ones are very very small.
    Folmen

The guy is a joke anyways there is a vid of him trying to get people in NYC for new years to do the floss with him (its quite funny the result), i mean he has all these SUBS (apparently millions) but his video turn out is less than something like 20k total live views or some crap.

Warframe Dev Streams rake in close to 200k people and they dont have 1million subs yet!

Twitch is for THOTS and hipocrisy thats it! If ur a game streamer u be hard pressed to get up there properly i mean look at Alinity she chucked her cat blatantly and tried to pass it off as placing him gently behind her and also let it taste vodka from her mouth no ban.... Blondie Wondie doing a live stream while driving went over the speed limit cops pulled her over no ban a guy named Knut had done a live stream while driving put his streaming device in his lap and got banned for reckless driving for 7 days by twitch (whether he was or not remains to be seen)....

The site is a joke those thots must be sucking off Jeff Bezos or something along those lines to stay on the platform..... i wouldnt be surprised if Twitch gets taken down because some stupid crap will happen like someone committing a nefarious deed!

Last weeks Warframe dev stream had 60k viewers, and they don't have 1million followers. They have 0 subs.

If you think twitch will get taken down because someone broke the law on it, you mustve forgotten that a guy streamed a mass murder on facebook. facebook still exists.
    Folmen
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Nyctelios said:
    Regardless the bitter comments here, in the mainstream gaming world and gaming streaming this is a big deal.

I'm curious to see how the community (numbers) react to this. If his brand can carry viewers there or people use twitch the same way they use to watch tv: Because they are too lazy to switch channels.

I wouldn't bother moving to microsoft, just watch the other channel. 

[Deleted User]
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487

It depends on one's definition of massive. Some would say a game with 100 concurrent players actively engaging with each other would qualify as massive.

Some would say gluing metal to my arm makes me a cyborg.

There is the definition, then there is "some would say".

I'll follow the definition, and you can put "some would say" back into your pants. No thanks.
    Folmen
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited August 2019

The guy is a joke anyways....snip...

Well the "joke" makes something like $500k a month....how much do you make?

FolmenwingoodRich84angerbeavervandal5627ceh430natpick

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

I'll follow the definition, and you can put "some would say" back into your pants. No thanks.
    Indeed. Now if you could kindly point out to me the exact number of concurrent players needed for a game to be an MMORPG you would save me, and all the others on this site, a tremendous amount of time and annoyance. And is this per zone, or the entire world?

Just for the fun of it, realise that games like GW2 and SWtOR have a maximum of about 150-200 players per zone and Atlas has a 150. So, how much is massively exactly?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Folmen
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

Utinni said:

Last weeks Warframe dev stream had 60k viewers, and they don't have 1million followers. They have 0 subs.

If you think twitch will get taken down because someone broke the law on it, you mustve forgotten that a guy streamed a mass murder on facebook. facebook still exists.

twitch is streamed to millions of viewers everyday (majority are horny men and teenagers) who watches facebook streams? you forget facebook is policed twitch is not (i mean those horny guys could goto chatterbate and get extra for the duckets they pour into twitch thots), the twitch staff work on wimsy if its a hot women they can do what they want if its a guy streaming his videogame they will come down like a ton of bricks. ill bet something major will happen pretty soon which will change the ToS if not take down twitch because its out of hand with double standards!
    natpick
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171

There is no "the definition", just some that cling to the opinion such exists, with that stance becoming increasingly divorced from reality over time as new types of games are introduced.

By all means, cling on. But you will find ignoring change doesn't negate it.
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    So this is where streamers go to die.
    Folmeninfomatz
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    who? to where? to why? 
    or should it just all be, who gives a fuck!!
    AlomarFolmeninfomatzCombspe

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487

Asm0deus said:

The guy is a joke anyways....snip...

Well the "joke" makes something like $500k a month....how much do you make?

Boris Johnson is a joke. Now he's the British Prime Minister.

It is good to be a joke in life.

Asm0deus
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It's an interesting move to be honest, even with the large amount of negative comments coming from the people who usually hate streamers here. 

Ninja moving to Mixer will potentially bring a relatively large community to another streaming platform. I personally would love it if another streaming platform would get large, as Twitch is ran by people who don't follow a specific rulebook, and change the rules up all the time to fit what they want to happen. 

We need more services on this type of entertainment to be there early on, or we end up in another Youtube situation where no matter how good the service running against it is, the bigger platform will always prevail. 

Mixer as a platform has a lot of nice features, and all of the streaming clients tend to support it already. I don't know if Ninja moving alone will cause a bigger viewership on there, but it's definitely a start. 
    TacticalZombeh
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Whenever your parents say "What are video games ever going to do for your life?" just point at Ninja. He would be in jail as a convicted pedobear if not for video games.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Muke said:

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Utinni said:

twitch is streamed to millions of viewers everyday (majority are horny men and teenagers) who watches facebook streams? you forget facebook is policed twitch is not (i mean those horny guys could goto chatterbate and get extra for the duckets they pour into twitch thots), the twitch staff work on wimsy if its a hot women they can do what they want if its a guy streaming his videogame they will come down like a ton of bricks. ill bet something major will happen pretty soon which will change the ToS if not take down twitch because its out of hand with double standards!
    None of the top, or even close to it, streamers are girls showing their bits. Not sure where your data for "majority are horny men and teenagers" came from but I'm guessing you're just having a bad day so you make shit up. 

I hope your day gets better man. Get some sleep, drink more water.
    Lazarus71NephethTacticalZombehvandal5627[Deleted User]
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Smart Move Ninja. I stream on Mixer. Twitch is way too overrated/over-saturated.
    MikehaLeFantomeswaghole

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

edited August 2019
    Avanah said:
    Smart Move Ninja. I stream on Mixer. Twitch is way too overrated/over-saturated.
    Over saturated being key, there is plenty of room for other stream services. Not a fan of Fortnight, but good for him.
    TacticalZombeh
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Utinni said:

Utinni said:

None of the top, or even close to it, streamers are girls showing their bits. Not sure where your data for "majority are horny men and teenagers" came from but I'm guessing you're just having a bad day so you make shit up. 

I hope your day gets better man. Get some sleep, drink more water.
    Sounded like he was deflecting to me. What a moronic comment. Most normal people go to twitch and other game streaming sites to watch .....duh duh duh!....game play of games they like!
    TacticalZombeh
    SWG Bloodfin vet

It's an interesting move to be honest, even with the large amount of negative comments coming from the people who usually hate streamers here. 

Ninja moving to Mixer will potentially bring a relatively large community to another streaming platform. I personally would love it if another streaming platform would get large, as Twitch is ran by people who don't follow a specific rulebook, and change the rules up all the time to fit what they want to happen. 

We need more services on this type of entertainment to be there early on, or we end up in another Youtube situation where no matter how good the service running against it is, the bigger platform will always prevail. 

Mixer as a platform has a lot of nice features, and all of the streaming clients tend to support it already. I don't know if Ninja moving alone will cause a bigger viewership on there, but it's definitely a start. 
    If theres one thing this forum hates more than streamers, its new services infringing on existing monopolies. These people lose their minds whenever someone (like epic) challenges steams stranglehold on the entire PC gaming economy.

It's almost like this website attracts old, conservative... communists? Then again they rage anytime China is mentioned too.
    TillerJeffSpicoli