Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Shows Off The Quarrior - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Shows Off The Quarrior - MMORPG.com

In their latest bestiary devblog, Ashes of Creation have shown off the Quarrior, a "docile creature clad in a veritable suit of stony armor."

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Let me guess... you will be able to buy these in the store?
    FolmenJamesGoblinMaurgrimgastovski1

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I'm sure your backers are thrilled beyond belief.....
    Watashiwa003FolmenJamesGoblin
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173

It’s a Pangolin, in a game but with a different name. How original. Now here come all the digital Chinese to kill them and smoke their ground up scales for longevity and stronger boners!

THIS ^

When I saw this I was like "BUT THAT IS LITERALLY JUST A PANGOLIN!"
    [Deleted User]
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Incredible. With the quarrior completed, I have full confidence in this game's viability. If only there was a way to stay up to date on development progress for all their other small mammalian rodents. Glad to see a company finally showing us the things that matter in an mmo.
    Cacolaco[Deleted User]3domFolmenJamesGoblinesc-joconnorDrDream

Mend and Defend

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    edited August 2019
    Watchout or the beastmasters will train them and send them to under mine your walls or dig a tunnel into your store room and vaults.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    It’s a Pangolin, in a game but with a different name.
    How disappointing... I thought base on the name it was going to be a 4 armed warrior, or 4 warriors sticky-taped together or something lol
    AlpiusFolmenJamesGoblinesc-joconnor
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    MMOs are set in worlds which have an ecology, not every release has to tell us about a new monster. :)
    Azaron_NightbladeHatefullFolmenJamesGoblingastovski1
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Ashes of Failation!
    3domFolmenJamesGoblin

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Background music was nice.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It’s a Pangolin, in a game but with a different name.
    How disappointing... I thought base on the name it was going to be a 4 armed warrior, or 4 warriors sticky-taped together or something lol
    I was envisioning a burly male warrior in a dress and high heels .....    :#

Yeah, I'm going to hell, I know

JamesGoblinTacticalZombehaRtFuLThinGIselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Torval said:

These are the kinds of idiotic updates you get when software development becomes a dog and pony show. They should follow Renfail's lead and just go dark until a little before launch.

Not only that but were so jaded and burned by this genre that updates like this don't matter any more. We've seen every variation of flora and fauna. Show us systems, show engine and network performance, and . Talk about monetization and business model. The rest of it doesn't matter.

I don't care how you arranged and painted the polygons, I care how they perform and how much they'll cost me.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Slapshot1188tweedledumb99gastovski1
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2019
    This was dev blog update and cliche violin runs music worthy? Yikes.

Well, I'd like to introduce the Schlapple to all loyal backers:

Got some royalty free orchestral music to go with it for y'all as well. Enjoy.

JamesGoblin
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Viper482 said:

I'm sure your backers are thrilled beyond belief.....

Kickstarter MMOs need to come forward with info on the game sooner then one made by a company like EA. They also need to show progress to keep the money flowing in. So updates like this tend to fit the model. To be honest, backing this game or not, I do enjoy watching art unfold in this way. Makes you appreciate any game you play more.
    tweedledumb99Catibrie
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Hopefully this trend dies in the next couple of years.  I think dev companies are realizing that people do not care about these little snippets that are complete non-stories meant to hopefully distract/pacify you until they have real news to share.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Oh snap, I thought they meant "creation of the warrior" and was excited....
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    edited August 2019
    finally an echidna-like armadillo!

wonder how the Ashes of Creation down line feels about the uhm Quarrior-

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Scot said:

MMOs are set in worlds which have an ecology, not every release has to tell us about a new monster. :)

Are you sure about that? Look at all the comments. Seems like a fail to me.
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282

Definitely a fail!
    Ltldogg said:

Definitely a fail!
    The naming may be unfortunate but who cares? It is an interesting animal for the ecosystem, not sure we need to hear about it, but this is miles better than cash shop news.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I can't wait to see an announcement on the newest shrubbery. 
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    I can't wait to see an announcement on the newest shrubbery. 
    I would not mind seeing a "Plant life" article on any upcoming MMO.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Scot said:
    Ltldogg said:

Definitely a fail!
    The naming may be unfortunate but who cares? It is an interesting animal for the ecosystem, not sure we need to hear about it, but this is miles better than cash shop news.
    Who cares about the name, or that they copied an existing animal, whatever. The fail was making it a feature. It seems most of the people hearing about it could care less, to think a game with an uncertain future (as all crowdfunded games in alpha/beta are) choose to put in effort and focus on this isn't comforting. I'm not invested either way, but I can see that.
  • harajelikharajelik Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited August 2019

Let me guess... you will be able to buy these in the store?

yup pre order exclusive... from over a year ago for $150, $250 or $500 package https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quarrior

https://www.theaocdungeon.com/threads/new-cosmetics-in-the-pre-order-store-for-july-dwarf-theme.156/
    edited August 2019
    not as bad as selling their sheep a literal Goatse amulet

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Phylactery_of_the_Scarlet_Lich
    Scot said:
    Ltldogg said:

Definitely a fail!
    this is for the cash shop, summer 2018 $150/250/500 packs. so literally cash shop news