Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO's Minstrel Is Its Most Interesting Class For All The Lore Reasons - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited August 2019
    lahnmir said:
    I also have a High Elf Runekeeper riding a goat on the Laurelin server. Bring it haters!
    Put on the gift-wrapped box, a top hat, wield the giant flower as weapon, and you might cause the server to melt down :smile:

ed: on a second thought, can you even ride while dressed in the gift box? Never tried yet, will do next time. The clipping sure must be wonky...
    lahnmir[Deleted User]
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Po_gg said:

skeaser said:

Why does everyone act like Beornings are lore breaking? http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Beornings

It was discussed from every aspect at launch, so just a short version:
    The actual descendants of Beorn (the skin-changers, not to confuse with Beornings in general what the linked wiki covers) were still a few at the time of the Fellowship, and they were definitely not roaming all around Middle-earth, beating up mobs and drinking in inns etc.
    They were fighting at home, guarding the area.

ed: same discussion on high elves last year...

For me, I ignore other players. My Beorning is the one that was sent at Radagast's request (granted some of my kin show up down the line), all the other Beornings are playing the same story that I did/am. At a certain point I just give up and accept MMO logic.

I mean, how many people were at the sacking of Archet and watched Captain Brackenbrook die?
    [Deleted User]
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    skeaser said:

Po_gg said:

skeaser said:

Why does everyone act like Beornings are lore breaking? http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Beornings

It was discussed from every aspect at launch, so just a short version:
    The actual descendants of Beorn (the skin-changers, not to confuse with Beornings in general what the linked wiki covers) were still a few at the time of the Fellowship, and they were definitely not roaming all around Middle-earth, beating up mobs and drinking in inns etc.
    They were fighting at home, guarding the area.

ed: same discussion on high elves last year...

For me, I ignore other players. My Beorning is the one that was sent at Radagast's request (granted some of my kin show up down the line), all the other Beornings are playing the same story that I did/am. At a certain point I just give up and accept MMO logic.

I mean, how many people were at the sacking of Archet and watched Captain Brackenbrook die?
    If you are actually roleplaying in a MMO you ignore so much, I remember that we talked in character in guild chat using a form of telepathy that the Dunedain were said to had on Numenor. It was either that or give everyone a pocket sized Palantir. :)