Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posters here will be shocked.

124»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited June 2019
    People here call this a small niche game.  Well, the niche is way bigger, bigger than the amount of people on this site.

It would seem that I'm picking on everyone here.  Well, thats not true.  Since EVERYTHING turned into online games, most mmorpg players don't have a reason to be here except the few that chose to stay and the rest are filled with online gamers.  I don't have a problem with online gamers, to each their own.... I'm just saying what it is, and they will give the appearance this is the majority.

This game if "done good" will be huge even to the point the negative online gamer will be playing it.... If "it's done good".
    By your own admission, you are currently an online gamer.

Best if you accept what you are.

Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Listen here, son. Sit down and let me tell you a story of MMO games back in my day.

*Falls asleep*
    svann
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    People here call this a small niche game.  Well, the niche is way bigger, bigger than the amount of people on this site.

It would seem that I'm picking on everyone here.  Well, thats not true.  Since EVERYTHING turned into online games, most mmorpg players don't have a reason to be here except the few that chose to stay and the rest are filled with online gamers.  I don't have a problem with online gamers, to each their own.... I'm just saying what it is, and they will give the appearance this is the majority.

This game if "done good" will be huge even to the point the negative online gamer will be playing it.... If "it's done good".
    Why don't for once you try talking about a game or a game feature or mechanic, instead of talking about your perceptions of other people in relation to yourself?

You would never start a thread, for example, on death mechanics. Instead you would post:

Everyone wants ______. I want a true mmorpg where _______. People say this about me. But they are __________. Other people _______. Most people _________. 

Consider knocking that off? Maybe just make a point and discuss that point without commenting on others?
    Sovrathbcbullytweedledumb99HatefullKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I think this thread would be better if it turned into a shocked image/gif party:

I'M SHOCKED!!!!

[Deleted User]Kyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I'am sorry OP.....what was the question?????      WAM!!!
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Amathe said:

Why don't for once you try talking about a game or a game feature or mechanic, instead of talking about your perceptions of other people in relation to yourself?

You would never start a thread, for example, on death mechanics. Instead you would post:

Everyone wants ______. I want a true mmorpg where _______. People say this about me. But they are __________. Other people _______. Most people _________. 

Consider knocking that off? Maybe just make a point and discuss that point without commenting on others?
    Yes. Make a friggin coherent point and discuss that. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Kyleran said:

I'm not an online gamer. 
    An online game is a solo game with others on your screen. It's a single player game where you don't need anyone with the occasional mini game optional dungeon for the player to do if wanted.  Infact any co-op or more content is purely optional. 
    This is third generation. 

I stated several times I evolved with the second generation.  I'm not hiding anything.

I would love to be a first generation player...... Unfortunately they suck for modern times as they are "old and dated".... It would take a very unique person to embrace something so "old and dated". 
    OLD and DATED, is first generation.

Their isn't any first generation games to play, therefore the majority have no reason to be here. Emulators such as P1999 are "old and dated".  They don't even fit the screen, their choppy, chat systems for communication are awful and drop down menus are a mess.  Emulators such as this are best left to nostalgia. 

Back on subject:
    Because of all above, first generation players have no reason to be on this site, but they are many. Their in a holding pattern.

People are trying to be clever.... They try and back me in a corner by asking where are they exactly ?...... It's like they would like me to say, they can be spotted by heat signature by helicopter. You can't..... It's left to absolute and positive faith.

Deep down YOU know their are a lot, not to mention the new and up coming potentials of a new generation. 

As I always say first generation is so old, it will be new :)     
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    edited June 2019
    I Mean i started gaming on text based muds, evolved to ultima online / Shadowbane... i missed everquest for shadowbane but i could be a Minotaur so that was my mind made up.

You have this weird assumption that 1st generation mmorpg players just stopped playing mmorpgs because the games evolved. News flash we didn't, peoples tastes can change along with games it's not some hard set in stone rule that if you were a 1st generation mmorpg gamer you can't like anything else or play any current gen games thats ridiculous.

Not only that but project 99 isn't your only option considering Daybreak actually releases progression servers for everquest etc... so you can play the actual game on official servers that aren't emulated as it was back then.

People are right, you're making these massive outlandish claims with no actual evidence to back it up. Some of us just drop by here from time to time to see whats up, sometimes when i'm between games i come here out of boredom to see whats going on in recent threads.

tldr : stop making weird assumptions that have 0 merit to them and 1st generation mmorpg gamers can like other games also.

Edit - for that matter i was born in the 80s i had a calicovision, commodore 64, Amiga, and pretty much every console along the way.
    edited June 2019
    mbrodie said:
    I Mean i started gaming on text based muds, evolved to ultima online / Shadowbane... i missed everquest for shadowbane but i could be a Minotaur so that was my mind made up.

You have this weird assumption that 1st generation mmorpg players just stopped playing mmorpgs because the games evolved. News flash we didn't, peoples tastes can change along with games it's not some hard set in stone rule that if you were a 1st generation mmorpg gamer you can't like anything else or play any current gen games thats ridiculous.

Not only that but project 99 isn't your only option considering Daybreak actually releases progression servers for everquest etc... so you can play the actual game on official servers that aren't emulated as it was back then.

People are right, you're making these massive outlandish claims with no actual evidence to back it up. Some of us just drop by here from time to time to see whats up, sometimes when i'm between games i come here out of boredom to see whats going on in recent threads.

tldr : stop making weird assumptions that have 0 merit to them and 1st generation mmorpg gamers can like other games also.

Edit - for that matter i was born in the 80s i had a calicovision, commodore 64, Amiga, and pretty much every console along the way.
    Heres that word "evolved" again.  No they "changed into something else".

If you want a crystal clear understanding of what I'm saying... This is it !

Because they changed into something else, many are not interested in what they changed into.  Most of them are gone. 

To be more clear..... A lot of players are not interested in day to day discussions like we are. Message boards are of no interest to them if they don't have their type of game to play. 

You can't get more clear than this.
    Kyleran
    edited June 2019
    Kyleran said:

I'm not an online gamer. 
    An online game is a solo game with others on your screen. It's a single player game where you don't need anyone with the occasional mini game optional dungeon for the player to do if wanted.  Infact any co-op or more content is purely optional. 

I stated several times I evolved with the second generation.  I'm not hiding anything.

I would love to be a first generation player...... Unfortunately they suck for modern times as they are "old and dated".... It would take a very unique person to embrace something so "old and dated". 

Their isn't any first generation games to play, therefore the majority have no reason to be here. Emulators such as P1999 are "old and dated".  They don't even fit the screen, their choppy, chat systems for communication are awful and drop down menus are a mess.  Emulators such as this are best left to nostalgia. 

Back on subject:
    Because of all above, first generation players have no reason to be on this site, but they are many. Their in a holding pattern.

People are trying to be clever.... They try and back me in a corner by asking where are they exactly ?...... It's like they would like me to say, they can be spotted by heat signature by helicopter. You can't..... It's left to absolute and positive faith.

Deep down YOU know their are a lot, not to mention the new and up coming potentials of a new generation. 

Dude seriously, WTF are you talking about!? My earliest gaming history is playing pinball, and a little later mechanical, light gun games in pubs, hard scrabble bizarres, and actual gaming arcades that for whatever reason weren't shutdown by the local constabulary. You keep coming here and posting these delusional histories of your own gaming past that honestly make absolutely no sense.
    Don't forget air hockey, fussball and pool tables. Good times at the disreputable arcade downtown we'd always hang at, smoking, shaking the machines but rarely tilting.

Good times for we "original" gamers.
    [Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2019
    mbrodie said:

Because they changed into something else, many are not interested in what they changed into.  Most of them are gone. 

To be more clear..... A lot of players are not interested in day to day discussions like we are. Message boards are of no interest to them if they don't have their type of game to play. 

Err, you may have heard of Reddit, yes?

Many, many gamers there having daily conversations about games, including ...yes MMORPGs

Also, much of the conversation about games has moved to company sponsored Discords, the COE one has a very active one, much more so then their forums.

Finally, what "real" MMORPG are you currently playing?

Or are you really just an online gamer like the rest of us?

I'm currently playing POE....come join us, you know you want to.  ;)

BTW,  we don't back you into corners, rather you paint yourself into them.

:D

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

I'm not an online gamer. 

Back on subject:

Dude seriously, WTF are you talking about!? My earliest gaming history is playing pinball, and a little later mechanical, light gun games in pubs, hard scrabble bizarres, and actual gaming arcades that for whatever reason weren't shutdown by the local constabulary. You keep coming here and posting these delusional histories of your own gaming past that honestly make absolutely no sense.
    Don't forget air hockey, fussball and pool tables. Good times at the disreputable arcade downtown we'd always hang at, smoking, shaking the machines but rarely tilting.

Good times for we "original" gamers.
    I remember when Pool Halls were all over the place in my town, they had pinball machines and the ones where you gamble.  If you scored high you showed the attendant and he payed you.

My father was completely against gambling and smoking... he walked in when my older brother was playing the gambling ones.  He kicked my brothers ass all the way home, I'll never forget.

Back then you could lay a beat down on a kid with no consonances... Good times :) 
    Kyleran
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    ITS A SLIPPERY SLOPE PEOPLE PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN!!!

Its all fun and games kid till your strung out on a 12 dollar a day skee ball habit

delete5230KyleranAmathe
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Psa: please remember to spay and neuter your pets.
    [Deleted User]
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    Your entire post is littered with opinion and random numbers. You have no basis for anything you said. You make up the .00000001% of bored gamers who has nothing better to do than troll.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    delete is the king of headlines. Should get a job at Polygon.  Would fit well.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Hashbrick said:
    delete is the king of headlines. Should get a job at Polygon.  Would fit well.
    The most shocking bit of info this thread has uncovered is that Delete already has a job.  He even said he had to 'go to work' somewhere around page 3.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    mbrodie said:

no, they evolved and sometimes evolve changes into something new, where in definition does evolve not contain change, at one point everything on earth was probably single cell organisms that changed into something else.

not only that, but current mmorpgs are still online rpgs with massive amounts of other players, just because they don't fit your definition of what an mmorpg should be, does not mean they have not evolved from what they were into what they are.

make all the arguments you want, you have 0 proof about what the 1st generation players do with their time now, no proof they dont post here, reddit, forums etc...

no proof they are sitting by idly just waiting for another old school mmorpg.

Infact, i still know hundreds of people i used to play 1st gen mmorpgs and which i still play new games with, that are active with new game releases even if they arent impressed with them, active on discord servers, forums, reddit etc...

Some of them are passing the time waiting till the next everquest oldschool feel comes out, some of them are happy playing with friends in new games..

Everyone is different, your claims are unsubstantiated BS.
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    mbrodie said:

you said evolved. then followed it with disagreement by giving the definition of evolving? how does.. i-its like.. i just, i dont.. i mean i... thats not even close.. its just.. its.. .. ah shit, what was i on about?
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Anyone else love Frito-Lay's Jalapeno Cheddar dip?

Pantheon is just as spicy!

Ike Turner was a notorious slapper, like pinball games.

Cheetos don't stain your fingers orange...if you're color blind.

Pantheon is orange.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Even though it is called MMORPG.com I dont think of it as only for MMOs...I consider it a gaming site as we do talk about many other things....The MMOs now are just not good......I can talk about 10 seconds about ESO, FFXIV, and GW2.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    I frankly have no idea what this thread is really about. *shrug*

Prepared
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    I guess Pantheon's having some slow news months or something.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Less threads dude....especially when high.
    Amathe
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!