Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online Adventures: Side Questing and World Bossing - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageElder Scrolls Online Adventures: Side Questing and World Bossing - MMORPG.com

Join me this week as I continued my questing in Summerset, whilst taking down world bosses with my friends!

Read the full story here

Comments

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited July 2019
    I've cleared Bleakrock, Bal Foyen, Stonefalls and I'm 2/3rds through Deshaan.

I'm taking my time, clearing the map, exploring, crafting, collecting mat's like a fiend and enjoying the story so far!

I haven't even touched the DLC's or Guilds yet, that I know of! I'm sure that's not good, but I could care less at this point. ha

It's nice to hear we're sharing some of the same fun with lots of game left to experience.

I did screw up by going from mostly Heavy Armor 1H/Shield to Light Armor & Staffs after 30 levels, so now my skills are lacking and it's been tough. I should've just stayed Heavy sword&board. It was pretty fun.
    Gut Out!
    NanfoodleOctagon7711

What, me worry?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Gutlard said:

I'm taking my time, clearing the map, exploring, crafting, collecting mat's like a fiend and enjoying the story so far!

I haven't even touched the DLC's or Guilds yet, that I know of! I'm sure that's not good, but I could care less at this point. ha

It's nice to hear we're sharing some of the same fun with lots of game left to experience.

I did screw up by going from mostly Heavy Armor 1H/Shield to Light Armor & Staffs after 30 levels, so now my skills are lacking and it's been tough. I should've just stayed Heavy sword&board. It was pretty fun.

Gut Out!

There is enough skill points to max out every skill. So dont feel like your char is messed up. Also you can respec. You dont even need to do a full respec. You can just remove the skills you dont want to use and pay just for that part of the respec. Have fun =-)
    LimnicOctagon7711GutlardCatibrie
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!
    That's pretty easy to fix without even doing a respec or otherwise if you're comfortable with a bit of grind, but as Nan noted, you can also just respec the specific skills you don't like too, they make it pretty easy to tool about and build/rebuild a single character as much as you want.
    Gutlard
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Yeah I should prbly ignore the 'best of' builds and stick to what's fun! I'm sure I'll unlock it all eventually.

Gut Out!
    SovrathOctagon7711NanfoodleTacticalZombeh

What, me worry?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gutlard said:
    Yeah I should prbly ignore the 'best of' builds and stick to what's fun! I'm sure I'll unlock it all eventually.

Gut Out!
    Four of the five choices that the in-game build adviser gives you, 2 for magicka and stamina DPS, Tank and Healer, are good enough and won't steer you wrong if you want to follow something or just want to check yourself against its recommendations.

I'd just stay away from the default basic one that's all over the place and more likely to confuse than help.

Internet "best builds" from popular streamers are typically "end-game" builds. It's smart to stay away from those when you're leveling.
    Octagon7711GutlardTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I also enjoy the quests and exploration. Having lots of fun. :)
    Gutlard

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

This has pretty much been my mindset. I'm experimenting and doing what's most fun for me. I hate the whole "min/max" mentality because to me it feels like rushing through content just for xp. The game is so much more than xp to me. I love taking my time and exploring :)
    GutlardTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

There is a big nerf patch being tested on the PTR. Many of those “best of” builds will get nerfed to oblivion.
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

There is a big nerf patch being tested on the PTR. Many of those “best of” builds will get nerfed to oblivion.
    As has happened many times before and will happen many more times in the future.

To my recollection since the introduction of Champion Points, which is the source of their need to constantly re-balance, there has been no "best build" that has survived with skills and BIS gear unchanged for more than 3-6 months.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• makaveli-313makaveli-313 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Oh eso!... I started playing this game around 2 months ago and I'm pretty damn happy I did
    It's such a breath of fresh air from the mmo I was playing for the past almost 10 years..

To the point I was almost pissed off that I gave the previous game so much of my sub money... but then I was told that this game only got good the past year and that I came in at just the right time : )
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I just cant get into this game, I dont like the combat. :( as a healer.

Dragnelus said:
    I've healed a lot in ESO with a Templar, Warden, Sorcerer and Nightblade. They all heal quite differently from each other. What classes have you healed with?

NanfoodleOctagon7711[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited July 2019

Dragnelus said:

I have been playing a Warden Healer myself for the past 3 weeks. I have never had so much fun playing a healer. Only problem is line of sight with a Warden and keeping people healed is a breeze. So much so I find I spend about 50% of my time enjoying combat as well. Also with a pet bear, PvE solo leveling content is a breeze. Its worth a try as @Iselin said, each healer in ESO plays very differently.
    Octagon7711Catibrie

Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

Lots of games end up rotating buffed and nerfed classes.  I still do alts in them just to easily switch to the classes that's decent at the moment.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited July 2019
    Iselin said:
    Dragnelus said:
    I've healed a lot in ESO with a Templar, Warden, Sorcerer and Nightblade. They all heal quite differently from each other. What classes have you healed with?

Templar and warden an dk, I dont like the smartcast. 

Edit: im curious about a necro heal.

Dragnelus said:
    Iselin said:
    Dragnelus said:

Templar and warden an dk, I dont like the smartcast. 

Edit: im curious about a necro heal.
    Fair enough about smart heals - it's very different than the more controlled targeted heals in most other MMOs. Personally I like the smart heal system a lot.

I've always enjoyed non-traditional healing like the War Priest in WAR, Chloromancer in Rift, etc.  After WOW I'm burnt out for life on being the tank's personal healbot :)

Sorc healing is very fun with a great ultimate that stuns all the adds while it heals, and the Twilight Matriarch's emergency heal that's the best in the game. It's very easy to play it as a DPS/Heal hybrid.

The NB is even more fun for me since it plays like a Rift Chloro-lite with a few abilities that deal damage and either smart or group heal based off he damage done.
    [Deleted User]Dragnelus

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I really enjoy my NB vamp hybrid.  Lots of draining heals.  Also recently returned to playing Templar, great heals and cuts through content nicely.  Taking a break on Necro as I'm going to have to switch him from magical to stamina build, the devs set him up to play best that way.
    [Deleted User]Limnic

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Funny how the stamina builds end up better than most others.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711
    I really enjoy my NB vamp hybrid.  Lots of draining heals.  Also recently returned to playing Templar, great heals and cuts through content nicely.  Taking a break on Necro as I'm going to have to switch him from magical to stamina build, the devs set him up to play best that way.
    Still sticking with magic on my necro for now since it seems comfy enough as a healer that way.
    Octagon7711
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Where is the story about the 35% off the latest 'expansion'?
    rodarin said:
    Where is the story about the 35% off the latest 'expansion'?
    The Quakecon promotion?

Ozmodan said:

Funny how the stamina builds end up better than most others.

I'm PvE and all my builds have been magic or hybrids but the reviews I'v seen for Necro indicate lots of satisfaction with playing them stamina, will have to try it out.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This is pretty much how i play all mmo's now. If an expansion sounds fun i wait for a sale. This and GW2 are the only way i can play mmo's anymore. Zero group content and just solo play. Frankly i'm getting sick and tired of the eso splash screen every time i login telling to buy Elyswer or in gw2 to buy Path of fire. So tired of being told to spend money in all these mmo's today. Really getting tired of modern mmo's and looking for a old school private server mmo.
    [Deleted User]