Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fire Emblem Three Houses Discussion

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,836
So I pre-ordered the collectors edition as soon as they became available on Amazon but it didn't go live till Yesterday. So now I am waiting till Saturday for the game. So decided to buy the game digitally and keep the collectors edition sealed as a collectors item. Watched the first cut scene (Which was awesome), watched the first bit of story, and then it was time to play the battle tutorial which I brutally lost.

I suck at strategy games and seems like Fire Emblem: Three Houses will be no different. I will update this post later with my thoughts on the game. Until then lets get a discussion on this game going if anyone else is playing it
alkarionlog

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,743
    edited July 26
    It is on my wish list but I do have some advice.

Get a grip of your shopping habits. You kept the collectors edition sealed? Now I know guys who like to have their favourite games boxes on display but they open them. Top marks for fandom, marks for prudent buying...not so good. :)

Also read some guides, walkthroughs and if needed watch some videos, you will get better at such games.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,673
    edited July 26
    Just have to get through one more day of work, then I'll be spending a whole week on it. I haven't been this excited for a game since Guild Wars 2 in 2012. 

IMO, Fire Emblem is best on consoles, with Path of Radiance being the best of the series. With the game finally coming back to a console, taking inspiration from FE's best/darkest story (Geneology of the Holy War), this could be the most ambitious and gripping one yet.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,375
    Oh it is on Switch. I hadn't realised.
  • agamennagamenn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I will wait for a sale :P
    Scot
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,714
    Collector's Editions imo are best for people who collect something because they enjoy having it. That makes the money well spent for sure. If on the other hand you get it hoping to resell it years from now at a profit, I'm not sure this game warrants that expectation.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

The thing about Collector's Editions is that they are becoming less valuable. Back in the day, games with collector's editions were the minority, so those with them could stand out. Now, they are much more common.

It goes without saying that games that sell poorly end up being more valuable for resell in the long run.

In Fire Emblem's case, Path of Radiance's poor marketing resulted in poor sales, but its high reputation with the franchise's community has made it desirable. High demand and low supply results in even used copies of this game going for a premium on Amazon and eBay. I don't see that happening here, as early sales information for Three Houses appears to be quite good, and the series has never been more popular.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,836
    Amathe said:
    Collector's Editions imo are best for people who collect something because they enjoy having it. That makes the money well spent for sure. If on the other hand you get it hoping to resell it years from now at a profit, I'm not sure this game warrants that expectation.
    Don't plan on reselling. I hardly ever do that
    Scot said:
    It is on my wish list but I do have some advice.

Get a grip of your shopping habits. You kept the collectors edition sealed? Now I know guys who like to have their favourite games boxes on display but they open them. Top marks for fandom, marks for prudent buying...not so good. :)

Also read some guides, walkthroughs and if needed watch some videos, you will get better at such games.
    I am sure I will actually open it. It does come with a nice 2020 calendar I could put on my desk in my office at home. As for buying multiple copies I usually don't this. However, the fantastic reviews made my hype lvl off the charts and I couldn't help myself. I also had some extra money that I didn't account for
    A few hours to go. For now, I'll have to content myself with the soundtrack, which is top tier. Easily the best soundtrack for a series that already has a consistently stellar musical score.
    Arterius
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,743
    edited July 26
    I just realised this was the one some people were talking about and I thought I would check it out. Turned out to not be a PC game, I so hate that. :neutral:

Anyway hope you have fun and it comes to PC, fat chance of that but you never know.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,522
    edited July 26
    Scot said:
    I just realised this was the one some people were talking about and I thought I would check it out. Turned out to not be a PC game, I so hate that. :neutral:

Anyway hope you have fun and it comes to PC, fat chance of that but you never know.
    It's a first-party developed game, so... yea, not very much chance.  Nintendo's fine with licensing out their IP to other developers for various things but pretty sure their in-house stuff (that they devote a lot of resources in these days to make sure "developed by Nintendo" retains its brand value) will always be Nintendo exclusive.

I could be wrong though. I haven't been keeping up with what Nintendo themselves are doing these days on every level.
    Scot
    edited July 27
    A few hours into my Black Eagles playthrough and this is brilliant so far. The Persona-lite school mechanics are a great pacebreaker for the regular gameplay.
    Aeander said:
    A few hours into my Black Eagles playthrough and this is brilliant so far. The Persona-lite school mechanics are a great pacebreaker for the regular gameplay.
    I choose Blue Lions. I liked Dimitri and his group 
    LackingMMO
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    It was a difficult choice, made easier only by my desire to see all of the stories.

I like all of the students. Except Raphael.
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    It was a difficult choice, made easier only by my desire to see all of the stories.

I like all of the students. Except Raphael.
    Sadly I haven't gotten far. I choose my house and stopped. My Mother and law had emergency eye surgery and will be staying with us for a while so I don't think I will get a chance to play much in the next few weeks
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,444
    This game was on my to watch games but for some reason "i forget why" i lost interest in this.Maybe i saw something in videos that turned me off?

So i looked it up ,easy enough decision,Nintendo Switch lol,not a chance in hell am i buying another console...ever.There seems to be a way to play Heroes using some emu but no thanks,not interested.
    Aeander

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,455
    Nintendo's not going to port one of their biggest primary developed-in-house IPs to other systems besides their own.
    I'm just finishing the pre-timeskip school phase.

So far, this is a 10/10 game from me. If the post timeskip war phase is this good, this may very well dethrone Path of Radiance for me.

The story is excellent. The characters are all well developed. The combat is mechanically the best it's ever been. The difficulty is just right. And the replayability is through the roof.
    Aeander said:

So far, this is a 10/10 game from me. If the post timeskip war phase is this good, this may very well dethrone Path of Radiance for me.

The story is excellent. The characters are all well developed. The combat is mechanically the best it's ever been. The difficulty is just right. And the replayability is through the roof.
    Their is a time skip :0... Woah. I gotta stop reading this thread haha... I can't play  really for another few weeks 
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Their is a time skip :0... Woah. I gotta stop reading this thread haha... I can't play  really for another few weeks 
    It was heavily advertised in their marketing material. So I didn't spoil anything that Nintendo hasn't.
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

It was heavily advertised in their marketing material. So I didn't spoil anything that Nintendo hasn't.
    haha I am not mad in the slightest... I remember hearing something like that around E3 it just slipped my mind until you said it :D
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 5,408
    cheyane said:
    This is what frustrates me. I've been wathcing CohhCarnage (Twitch guy) playing this game and it looks awesome! But I'm NOT buying a switch, or any other new console just to play it. I can only hope it may eventually come to PC, but I'm not holding my breath.

The game hits home for me on so many levels. It has strategic combat with a squad. The battle maps are interesting and different enough to use varying tactics. I like the story I've seen thus far. You also have some control over how your "students" improve, or level up.

All in all, a game I could see myself sinking weeks (months?) into, if it was on PC ;)
    LeFantome

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

(And now Burger King has MEATLESS burgers!)

edited August 2
    It really bothers me that we have an incredible game with hundreds of hours worth of content, dozens of fleshed out characters, an interesting story, and deep tactical gameplay and all anyone wants to comment on is that a Nintendo first party tentpole franchise isn't on the fucking PC.

No one would bat an eye if this were Pokemon, Zelda, or Mario. And any comments that these are not on PC would be just as off topic as they are here.
    Post edited by Aeander on
    Arterius
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,822
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:
    This is what frustrates me. I've been wathcing CohhCarnage (Twitch guy) playing this game and it looks awesome! But I'm NOT buying a switch, or any other new console just to play it. I can only hope it may eventually come to PC, but I'm not holding my breath.

The game hits home for me on so many levels. It has strategic combat with a squad. The battle maps are interesting and different enough to use varying tactics. I like the story I've seen thus far. You also have some control over how your "students" improve, or level up.

All in all, a game I could see myself sinking weeks (months?) into, if it was on PC ;)
    Check out Valkyria Chronicles, it might resonate with you, a lot @AlBQuirky

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    cheyane said:

Check out Valkyria Chronicles, it might resonate with you, a lot @AlBQuirky

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Or XCom 2.