Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - Waiting for Classic - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MrNylonMrNylon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited July 2019
    As a TBC baby I am kinda confuse on Vanilla, I thought people hated WoW since it introduce the whole solo mindset thing to MMOS "single player killed the MMO star" but people seems excited for it too come back , it be nice to have someone explain what the excitement is all about. I will be trying it as an X Shadow Priest (haven't decided on a faction)because I am a contrarian but it not going to hold me for long. At the end of the day its still going to be the same world I already explored in TBC and Wraith and I was never the biggest WoW/Blizz fanboy. I will ride out FFXIV till Pantheon launches.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2019
    danwest58 said:

If you dont have time to play a game 5 to 10 hours a week then go do something else. .
    5 to 10 hours a week, what are you, a filthy casual?  ;)

I used to raid 4-5 hours a night, 5 days a week, with similar on the off days to farm raid mats.

All while juggling raising three children, working 50 hours a week and managing to stay married (was touch and go there for a bit)

Most worthwhile MMORPGs can't be effectively played in much less than 15 to 20 hours a week, well not if reasonable progression is a goal.

If I decide to try Classic most definitely won't be raiding again, perhaps I'll seriously give PVP a go.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    cheyane said:
    nyxium said:
    It's like people can't move on to other games. I'm long gone to other F2P titles. This WoW Classic stuff just shows how addicted WoW players are and will be getting bloodsucked dry until empty husks. The best thing Blizz can do is delay launch, it will actually help the addicted.
    People have different interest. I can actually play classic Everquest for months and would still be on P99 if not for the way the server is unfortunately locked down by certain guilds in end game. There is absolutely nothing wrong or critique worthy for the addiction people have to a certain play style. Why should anyone's play style or choice of game be a subject for ridicule.

Do these players have an impact on the games you play or are you of the opinion that if not for WoW other games would be more successful. 

There are so many things in life where we indeed do cling to older themes and choices but that is why there is so much variety and spice in our lives.
    Check out TAKP EQ server. Its based on the PoP locked mac server, currently in Luclin and a ways off from PoP. Guilds there are on a raid rotation so everyone gets to play, and people are really helpful. 
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    thinking to call in sick for launch day, but i have feeling i might be 10 hours que

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited July 2019
    nyxium said:
    It's like people can't move on to other games. I'm long gone to other F2P titles. This WoW Classic stuff just shows how addicted WoW players are and will be getting bloodsucked dry until empty husks. The best thing Blizz can do is delay launch, it will actually help the addicted.
    100M+ people did move on though (based on AB saying they had 100M accounts a few years ago).

The unanswered questions are:
    1. How many will come back and what % of them will stick around longer than a month or three.
    2. The impact on "current" WoW; Will it turn into a ghost town? Will people who are not interested leave as a result - disruption of guilds, raid schedules etc.? Will players that leave current for classic return and if they do will they be happy? 
    3. The impact on the cash shop.

I suspect Blizzard will see how it goes before deciding their next steps. I absolutely expect Activision Blizzard to say in their quarterly report after launch that there has been "huge" interest - whilst not providing any numbers.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    [Deleted User]SovrathAxxar
  • XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129
    edited July 2019
    Waiting to play a re-release from 15 years ago (yes, I know it will not be the vanilla version). This is beyond comical. I love it though.
    Xanzo said:
    Waiting to play a re-release from 15 years ago (yes, I know it will not be the vanilla version). This is beyond comical. I love it though.
    Progression servers have been popular in MMOs for over a decade now, and remasters/re-releases of old games are very common. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Axxar
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited July 2019
    Utinni said:
    cheyane said:
    nyxium said:
    People have different interest. I can actually play classic Everquest for months and would still be on P99 if not for the way the server is unfortunately locked down by certain guilds in end game. There is absolutely nothing wrong or critique worthy for the addiction people have to a certain play style. Why should anyone's play style or choice of game be a subject for ridicule.

Do these players have an impact on the games you play or are you of the opinion that if not for WoW other games would be more successful. 

There are so many things in life where we indeed do cling to older themes and choices but that is why there is so much variety and spice in our lives.
    Check out TAKP EQ server. Its based on the PoP locked mac server, currently in Luclin and a ways off from PoP. Guilds there are on a raid rotation so everyone gets to play, and people are really helpful. 
    I only want the vanilla, Kunark and up to Scars of Velious, beyond that I am not too keen on.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Utinni said:
    cheyane said:
    nyxium said:

I only want the vanilla, Kunark or up to Scars of Velious, beyond that I am not too keen on.
    Ahh well its not for you then. I enjoyed Luclin and PoP as they had things to do other than wait around for raid nights. P99 is great but the fact that youll never get to actually do anything but level and stand around sucks.
    Kyleran
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    MrNylon said:
    As a TBC baby I am kinda confuse on Vanilla, I thought people hated WoW since it introduce the whole solo mindset thing to MMOS "single player killed the MMO star" but people seems excited for it too come back , it be nice to have someone explain what the excitement is all about. I will be trying it as an X Shadow Priest (haven't decided on a faction)because I am a contrarian but it not going to hold me for long. At the end of the day its still going to be the same world I already explored in TBC and Wraith and I was never the biggest WoW/Blizz fanboy. I will ride out FFXIV till Pantheon launches.

Ok

This is a different baby all together.

"single player killed the MMO star" 

Wow at this point of time, was a full group game, bare in mind you cant pull more than 2 mobs and expect to live unelss your overlevelled against them. Doing 'elite' mobs solo YOU WILL DIE this game makes you group, the amount of quests that were in this game, that involved groups is important.

I will be trying it as an X Shadow Priest 

Dont expect a shadow priest to be anything like you remember, in fact in raids or groups you will be expected to heal because apar4t form Wanding things ot death your dps aint that much D:

its still going to be the same world I already explored in TBC 

IOts not the same world, this world has no flying mounts, the map hasnt changed some areas you never visited when you started the game are key areas in this version, you will spend most of your time on foot, and because of that the world is sooo  much bigger and more lively. You will meet players , you will talk to players. 

WoW did have issues, and as its evolved it has become a solo style mmo (group finder etc) but in this iteration, it was far far from it.
    Just dont go in thinking its a 'walk in park' you will see how it isn't.
    KyleranAxxar

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Utinni said:
    cheyane said:
    Utinni said:
    cheyane said:
    nyxium said:

I only want the vanilla, Kunark or up to Scars of Velious, beyond that I am not too keen on.
    Ahh well its not for you then. I enjoyed Luclin and PoP as they had things to do other than wait around for raid nights. P99 is great but the fact that youll never get to actually do anything but level and stand around sucks.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Also a lot of the dungeons are fully camped.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MrNylonMrNylon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Quazal.A said:
    MrNylon said:

Ok

This is a different baby all together.

"single player killed the MMO star" 

Wow at this point of time, was a full group game, bare in mind you cant pull more than 2 mobs and expect to live unelss your overlevelled against them. Doing 'elite' mobs solo YOU WILL DIE this game makes you group, the amount of quests that were in this game, that involved groups is important.

I will be trying it as an X Shadow Priest 

Dont expect a shadow priest to be anything like you remember, in fact in raids or groups you will be expected to heal because apar4t form Wanding things ot death your dps aint that much D:

its still going to be the same world I already explored in TBC 

IOts not the same world, this world has no flying mounts, the map hasnt changed some areas you never visited when you started the game are key areas in this version, you will spend most of your time on foot, and because of that the world is sooo  much bigger and more lively. You will meet players , you will talk to players. 

WoW did have issues, and as its evolved it has become a solo style mmo (group finder etc) but in this iteration, it was far far from it.
    Just dont go in thinking its a 'walk in park' you will see how it isn't.

Well thank you for the answers , I see I was mistaken on WoW classic, thank you.
    Axxar
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    itsover said:
    thinking to call in sick for launch day, but i have feeling i might be 10 hours que

even if u make it in game right away, imagine how fun its going to be fighting 1k other players for the 7 scorpions that spawn and everybody needs 10 tails.
    BruceYee
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Xanzo said:
    Nothing comical at all. People are excited for something that hasn’t been accessible in a decent form for years. Seems pretty simple to understand.
    KyleranAxxar
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    cheyane said:
    Utinni said:
    cheyane said:
    Utinni said:
    cheyane said:
    nyxium said:

Yeah I know what you mean. Also a lot of the dungeons are fully camped.
    On my server you can get full max duration buffs from friendly folks, and most dungeons have room. Can also box up to 3 characters which is fun and extremely helpful. I had people not even in my guild help me finish my epics.
    Axxar
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Arterius said:
    WTF is boxing? Is that like a PVP mode 
    Unless I'm mistaken it's multi-boxing which is controlling an X amount of different accounts through one keyboard or if you were ghetto like me through multiple keyboards.
    [Deleted User]IselinAxxar
  • Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited July 2019
    this is so fucking dumb... a bunch of morons thinking they'll recapture the feeling of playing their first MMORPG by replaying WoW 2006.... then they'll realize how fucking bored they are playing WoW 2006 again...
    kertinronanxJeffSpicoli[Deleted User]krgwynnecheyane
  • CadetsacademyCadetsacademy Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I would to like best ward craft for Cadets Academy
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    this is so fucking dumb... a bunch of morons thinking they'll recapture the feeling of playing their first MMORPG by replaying WoW 2006.... then they'll realize how fucking bored they are playing WoW 2006 again...
    See you in Classic!
    Gyva02

You stay sassy!

• ronanxronanx Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Why are they morons just because they are looking forward to playing a game that gave them a lot of entertainment? I dont get why you're so salty about what others enjoy.
    Gyva02
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

actually whats really dumb is the fact that the game is more fun without all the expansions.
    krgwynnekitarad
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
      Who wants to bet this is Bill Murphy's alt account ? It feels good to be one of us now doesn't it Bill

[Deleted User]krgwynne[Deleted User]Xarko
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Attunements were really easy to do in Vanilla. It wasn’t until TBC they became crazy.
    Most raids could be done in 4 hours or less. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a raid dungeon for 8 hours or anything close to that.
  • DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

Warlyx said:

100% hype for 2-3 months then....who knows.

after 2-3 Months you'll be max level and pretty well geared maybe you'll work on your proff's or try to get your epic ground mount. Dip a toe in MC or some world PvP then after the 2/3 months PVP comes out with dire maul so more gear some BIS for people and the Grind to Rank 14.

• tomacontomacon Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I'm starting again with my best bud of 16yrs. We started playing pretty much after launch, but we haven't played again in years. I started out with a horde character, but when he and his significant other joined they were playing alliance so I switched sides. Since then she sadly passed away. I think this is great and will give us a fresh start. I want to play horde this time and I'm sure he feels the same way (even though I haven't asked him). Lol The statement about time though is correct. I have kids now and we both work 5 days a week, but we're both old school MMORPG players. He got me into EQ right after the Ruins of Kunark expansion. So, even though it has been some time and little quality of life things are gone I'm sure we'll be able to get some lvl's in per day. I'm stoked to start spamming LFG in chat, making the run to dungeons and corpse runs! Oh the corpse runs! I loved playing hunter so I'm sure I'll go that route again. =0)
    Gyva02Axxar