Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic - Why?

2»

Comments

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    edited July 2019
    I've played on plenty of private servers, it's all fine in the moment. The biggest problems I've encountered are a lack of general moderation, instability (both in regards to the security of an account and longevity of a server), and content or mechanics that have been backwards engineered, or are still not working the way Blizzard originally intended. I played retail vanilla, and while I can recognize it won't be exactly the same when it relaunches in August, I have more faith in Blizzard to faithfully reproduce that experience. It's also worth mentioning that I'd prefer to pay for that service, because that's the fulcrum of the argument for why myself and many others played on private servers to begin with: because it was no longer being offered by the owners of the intellectual property.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• xpsyncxpsync Member RarePosts: 769
    edited May 25
    Private servers come with a bit of rebellious feel to them, which is very attractive in itself.

One of my main mmorpg's is SWG:Legends (private) the other is Classic (official).

Originally i was resistant to play on any emu for the thought of it all going poof one day, which swg:l is nearing a decade so very reliable. The only other emu i tried was CoH, and again all good just not a game for me.

I never in a million years thought to try a private wow server, wish i had as that's where many mmorpg players hang out and any other private server tbh.

The classic server i'm on is still packed and the majority of them are all from private server's and the buzz on atm is BC classic.

However many of us are power leveling the f out alts on retail lol, got 8 120's now, and before i met these peeps i never kept one toon at cap, i'd get bored af and quit every single expansion. My kids loved wow back then, i loved that they loved it and would play for a bit with them every expansion.

I dunno how long we will keep this up i'm almost to 9 120's, the one ideal thing about this is you really know, and i mean truly know what classes click with you and which ones don't, specially when you hit 120 and you keep on playing it and building it, where others you drop so f'ing fast 120 DONE!!! and never log in to that toon again.

There are two ways of arguing with a woman, and neither one works. - John Marston

Currently Playing; SWG:Legends, Wow:Classic & 8.3