Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online Issues Patch Notes - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageStar Trek Online Issues Patch Notes - MMORPG.com

In a blog post, Star Trek Online issued patch notes which addressed several content and systems related items in-game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Discovery Marks have been added to all sources of "Choice of All Marks" packages/rewards available throughout the game. (This is pretty nice since these are the latest Rep marks in the game)

Reputation Space Shields are now eligible for Re-Engineering. (This is real nice, but to give it context, Cryptic had been touting they'd make all/most Rep items re-engineerable for years now)

Consoles that previously were restricted to Jem'Hadar Ships only can now be equipped on any starship. (This is also nice & it continues Cryptic's theme of making more special consoles less restricted & more accessible to players)

Good patch notes, especially given I think Cryptic was heading to Las Vegas for a ST function so hope all goes well.

Agent_Joseph
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    ^^^ the one dude who plays it approves...
    Agent_Josephsumdumguy1HuntrezzHarikenJoseph_Kerrgastovski1Kiori001ZenJelly
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    ^^^the dude that has no clue how many play yammers
    sumdumguy1NephethGdemamiViper482gastovski1Kiori001ZenJelly
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    This game needs to do all star trek fans a service and close down. Let another developer do Star Trek right and lets end this nightmare which has gone on far too long.
    Huntrezz[Deleted User]GdemamiHarikendragonlee66Joseph_Kerrgastovski1
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This game is for whales and bad Eve Online players that couldn't hack Eve's play style. It really does need to die but it won't as long as the player base keeps buying those 30+ dollar ships.
    tannim78Joseph_Kerrfoppoteegastovski1ZenJelly
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I'm surprised STO is still around.....Wasn't impressed with it one iota.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    ^^^the dude that has no clue how many play yammers

huh? Lighten up Francis....
    dragonlee66
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • tannim78tannim78 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Tried this farce of a Star Trec game...Its so horrible it makes my eye's bleed....
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited July 2019

Viper482 said:

^^^ the one dude who plays it approves...

I play it. /shrug. It has it's issues, but again it's pretty much one of three sub-par Sci-Fi MMOs we have, and if you have watched all the series there is some pretty decent story telling in there, as well as some crap. It's one of the few F2P MMOs on Steam that doesn't have more negative than positive reviews believe it or not.

You don't have to spend a dime to play and advance, you can play the game and trade dilithium for Zen or visa versa. Honestly the game opens up more after Fleet Admiral, most folks never bother to play that long, I know I didn't until recently. Do I wish there was a better Star Trek MMO? sure do, but it's what we got.

foppoteeLimnicKiori001
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Great game that one has no need to spend real money on to advance and do all features. Population is strong and there is always plenty of people to group with if you if your inclined to do so. New material is added regularly, so doesn't get stale. Perfect no, but in my opinion better then SWG and other space MMO's out there.
    Huntrezz
  • jaymesbondjaymesbond Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Look, if the game was worth playing, this news article would be much different, showing off great things recently added to the game or detailing what awesome things would be coming soon, but instead, it's patch notes.
    Huntrezz
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    buegur said:
    Great game that one has no need to spend real money on to advance and do all features. Population is strong and there is always plenty of people to group with if you if your inclined to do so. New material is added regularly, so doesn't get stale. Perfect no, but in my opinion better then SWG and other space MMO's out there.

Probably the worst space mmo, the ratings from players seem to confirm this is one of and maybe the worst space mmo game out there.  
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Huntrezz said:

buegur said:

Probably the worst space mmo, the ratings from players seem to confirm this is one of and maybe the worst space mmo game out there.  

They all suck to some extent. There are literally 3 real sci-fi MMORPGs; they all have equal parts suckage space combat.

SWTOR= space flight is a rollercoaster ride/starfox
    EVE= screensaver wars
    STO= somewhat clunky space space combat, like swimming in GW2

Don't even bring up SC since there isn't any actual RPG, it's more a multiplayer sim.
    Anything else is just multiplayer with no RPG. Honestly SWG Jump to light speed had the best space combat in any sci-fi MMORPG ever, but we all know how that ended.

Look as soon as someone can make a fecking Sci-Fi mmorpg with RPG elements and space flight that isn't wrecked, this is all we got.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter