Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Guilds Stuck On Queen Azshara In New Raid - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWorld of Warcraft Guilds Stuck On Queen Azshara In New Raid - MMORPG.com

In the race to claim glory as the first guild to complete World of Warcraft's latest raid, Azshara's Eternal Palace, players are having difficulty defeating the final boss, Queen Azshara.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Monlig23Monlig23 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Method is at below 5%, they will kill her soon
    SBFordVexiusx
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    When all your expansion content is shit why not make the news by actually making it challenging?

Nah....I'm not bitter about BFA at all.
    SBFordinfomatzPalebane
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    0.9% this last attempt.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited July 2019
    Good, about time a raid boss wasn't killed in the first week. I love all the millennials screaming the raid isn't fair because they can't kill a boss in a raid or the days of not having mods telling you what to do, what to expect, when to expect it, where to stand, where to move, when to brush your teeth, when to wipe your ass, when to yank your crank. Its ridiculous the shit mods do nowadays. Bring back the days of raid bosses taking a long time to progress through. Just maybe longevity of mmo's would come back. None of this instant gratification shit we have nowadays.
    [Deleted User]SinsaiKyleranGroqstrongNephethArskaaaAalamrAlvonuGeekyinfomatzand 5 others.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    im confused, but when i search youtube, there are dozens of guild that have downed this boss since 2 weeks ago, is this just a late news?
    Folmen

So What Now?

TweFoju said:

im confused, but when i search youtube, there are dozens of guild that have downed this boss since 2 weeks ago, is this just a late news?

Not on Mythic difficulty. Might be normal or heroic you saw?
    Folmen
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

TweFoju said:

Not on Mythic difficulty. Might be normal or heroic you saw?

ah ok it might be normal / heroics :)

So What Now?

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited July 2019
    Good, about time a raid boss wasn't killed in the first week. I love all the millennials screaming the raid isn't fair because they can't kill a boss in a raid or the days of not having mods telling you what to do, what to expect, when to expect it, where to stand, where to move, when to brush your teeth, when to wipe your ass, when to yank your crank. Its ridiculous the shit mods do nowadays. Bring back the days of raid bosses taking a long time to progress through. Just maybe longevity of mmo's would come back. None of this instant gratification shit we have nowadays.
    I think Method is more hardcore then anyone you have ever known and have been for many years. You really must be joking, your millenials reference kind of gave your agenda away. Raging about one of the most hardcore raiding guilds in the world being casuals is laughable at best.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SinsaiNephethAlvonubcbully[Deleted User]LimniconelesslightjimmywolfPanther2103
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited July 2019

lahnmir said:

Good, about time a raid boss wasn't killed in the first week. I love all the millennials screaming the raid isn't fair because they can't kill a boss in a raid or the days of not having mods telling you what to do, what to expect, when to expect it, where to stand, where to move, when to brush your teeth, when to wipe your ass, when to yank your crank. Its ridiculous the shit mods do nowadays.

Bring back the days of raid bosses taking a long time to progress through. Just maybe longevity of mmo's would come back. None of this instant gratification shit we have nowadays.

I think Method is more hardcore then anyone you have ever known and have been for many years. You really must be joking, your millenials reference kind of gave your agenda away. Raging about one of the most hardcore raiding guilds in the world being casuals is laughable at best.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

My agenda? I have no agenda other than speaking the truth when it comes to people crying about the difficulty of a raid or raid boss. MMO's have gone downhill for many reasons but I feel the biggest reason is how accessible/easy they are. For once, Im glad to see a raid boss isn't being taken down in a week(especially a raid that gets tested by these players for at least a month prior to it releasing live) and all I see is players bitching or crying about it being too difficult. Why shouldn't it?

Im only replying to this because Im glad to see something actually challenging for once, even seeing top guilds struggling to defeat it. Articles like this further prove my point that players are complaining. You go to any online gaming site, its practically the same shit. Players sstruggling to kill boss in newest WoW raid, etc, etc. That said, it doesnt change how I feel about mods and how easy things have become in current mmos and yes, this generation is to blame for it. Shits given out like candy on Halloween else all hell breaks lose and players cry or bitch which in turn forces devs to cave in and cater to it.
    [Deleted User]SinsairagebulletFreelancerNDAlvonuinfomatzonelesslightjimmywolf
  • supx2supx2 Member UncommonPosts: 26

lahnmir said:

Good, about time a raid boss wasn't killed in the first week. I love all the millennials screaming the raid isn't fair because they can't kill a boss in a raid or the days of not having mods telling you what to do, what to expect, when to expect it, where to stand, where to move, when to brush your teeth, when to wipe your ass, when to yank your crank. Its ridiculous the shit mods do nowadays.

Bring back the days of raid bosses taking a long time to progress through. Just maybe longevity of mmo's would come back. None of this instant gratification shit we have nowadays.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

My agenda? I have no agenda other than speaking the truth when it comes to people crying about the difficulty of a raid or raid boss. MMO's have gone downhill for many reasons but I feel the biggest reason is how accessible/easy they are. For once, Im glad to see a raid boss isn't being taken down in a week(especially a raid that gets tested by these players for at least a month prior to it releasing live) and all I see is players bitching or crying about it being too difficult. Why shouldn't it?

Im only replying to this because Im glad to see something actually challenging for once, even seeing top guilds struggling to defeat it. That said, it doesnt change how I feel about mods and how easy things have become in current mmos and yes, this generation is to blame for it. Shits given out like candy on Halloween else all hell breaks lose and players cry or bitch which in turn forces devs to cave in and cater to it.

what's the problem with the 0.01% beating the raid in a couple of days a week, that's not an easy feat, a lot of people struggle for several weeks/months to get it done or never do.
    FolmenbcbullyLimnic
  • indyinindyin Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Method just killed Queen Azshara!
    VexiusxSBFordFolmenWhiteLanternViper482infomatz
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    I think you guys are vastly misunderstanding the situation; If Limit and Method can't do it within 2 weeks, that means that no Mythic guild is going to be able to do the raid while it's current. That's not intended.

Second, Mythic raiding now (with addons) is about 8x more difficult as raids used to be (without addons). Blizzard designs raids with the expectation that any given player will be using addons, hence making it considerably more difficult to compensate.

I know you guys want to complain about instant gratification because we're all so old and MMO's are ruined and I agree with you, but Mythic raiding is the most challenging PVE content that has existed across any MMO. Don't knock it unless you've done it.
    lahnmirFolmenragebulletjimmywolfRich84
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    GZ METHOD!
    bcbully
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Im only replying to this because Im glad to see something actually challenging for once, even seeing top guilds struggling to defeat it. Articles like this further prove my point that players are complaining. You go to any online gaming site, its practically the same shit. Players sstruggling to kill boss in newest WoW raid, etc, etc.

That said, it doesnt change how I feel about mods and how easy things have become in current mmos and yes, this generation is to blame for it. Shits given out like candy on Halloween else all hell breaks lose and players cry or bitch which in turn forces devs to cave in and cater to it.

Lol are you actually arguing that any mmo has raids harder than WoW's mythic raids? Sorry I don't thinnk there is group content in any other mmo so far that is as hard as wows mythic raids.
    lahnmirNephethjimmywolf
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Im only replying to this because Im glad to see something actually challenging for once, even seeing top guilds struggling to defeat it. Articles like this further prove my point that players are complaining. You go to any online gaming site, its practically the same shit. Players sstruggling to kill boss in newest WoW raid, etc, etc. That said, it doesnt change how I feel about mods and how easy things have become in current mmos and yes, this generation is to blame for it. Shits given out like candy on Halloween else all hell breaks lose and players cry or bitch which in turn forces devs to cave in and cater to it.
    You grossly underestimate current raid difficulty and the professionalism of a guild like Method, there is no comparison with the good old days. Encounters have actually been made harder to counter mods and familiarity, not easier.

And as soon as someone whines about millenials I just yawn out loud. You know little about those too it seems. Or do you deem everybody with an age of 39 or younger an entitled whiner?

Must be nice oversimplifying things. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]NephethLimniconelesslight
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

This makes me think that you are a millennial yourself, since you seem to think that games used to be more challenging. You'd only think that if you were a child when MMO's came out.
    [Deleted User]Nepheth
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Professional guilds like Method are able to progress through a Mythic raid in a week or 2 because that is their job. During the "race" phase they make 100s of attempts all day long. Blizzard monitors them and makes changes to the boss accordingly through hotfixes.

Back in the "good ol' days" when raid bosses took a long time to progress through it wasnt because they were harder or the players were worse it was because the bosses were badly tuned or buggy. People like to bring up that Ragnaros took months to kill but thats because he was mathematically impossible to kill at first and Blizzard didnt want to admit it.
    Nepheth
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Arterius said:

I was out and about the other day and this guy was yelling at his wife in public. Like real bad. To the point were people were calling the cops. I got between it and told him to calm down. He told me that millenials wouldn't understand putting woman in their place. He was 32 so I had the pleasure of telling him that he was millenial as well. That shut him up really quick when I explained to him that anyone 39 or younger is a millenial. It isn't just teenagers or young adults.
    Maybe that's because Teenagers/Young Adults(some) are not Millenials?

They are Generation Z(some call them Centennials).

Could that be why you "shut him up" because he was just confused/baffled( I know I would be).

Just a few quick references to support what I already knew:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/

https://genhq.com/faq-info-about-generations/

Now with that said, back on topic:

GZ METHOD!!

[Deleted User]infomatzonelesslight
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

Strycker said:

I think you guys are vastly misunderstanding the situation; If Limit and Method can't do it within 2 weeks, that means that no Mythic guild is going to be able to do the raid while it's current. That's not intended.

Second, Mythic raiding now (with addons) is about 8x more difficult as raids used to be (without addons). Blizzard designs raids with the expectation that any given player will be using addons, hence making it considerably more difficult to compensate.

I know you guys want to complain about instant gratification because we're all so old and MMO's are ruined and I agree with you, but Mythic raiding is the most challenging PVE content that has existed across any MMO. Don't knock it unless you've done it.

Kinda agree but, a bit hyperbolic to state not a single guild in the world could complete a tier if method/limit can't beat it within 2 weeks and without nerfs because.. gear, these guys have relatively low ilvl for what blizz likely tries to balance end bosses around as they literally only had one or two shots of gear from previous bosses. The vast majority of guilds won't see the last boss until they killed half or more of the raid a number of times plus lower difficulty titan forges, higher level necks due to time passing, extra loot from mythic+ caches and so on.
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Awe. The poor little raiders are having trouble.

I feel so bad for having financially contributed to their their preferred content loop for 15 years and now they're struggling.

Quick. We need more casuals to subscribe so blizzard can work on the next raid tier.
    FolmenMyrdynnjimmywolfRich84
  • ragebulletragebullet Member UncommonPosts: 55
    ITT: this gen is worse than my gen because reasons....fuck off.
    Folmen
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Itzme123 said:
    Awe. The poor little raiders are having trouble.

I feel so bad for having financially contributed to their their preferred content loop for 15 years and now they're struggling.

Quick. We need more casuals to subscribe so blizzard can work on the next raid tier.

You can unsubscribe you know?  You don't have to contribute to their preferred content if you don't want to.

Folmenonelesslight
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    indyin said:
    Method just killed Queen Azshara!

I'm so excited....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AureltAurelt Member UncommonPosts: 64
    method already did it. you so late mmorpg.com :)
  • AureltAurelt Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I cant believe you guys think this raid is easy. if so, do it first. you guys dont realise that thousands of guilds in the world trying to do that and none managed. only method can do it, later on limit. in 2-4 weeks we will see like 10 guilds in the whole world succeed. so dont even talk about "easy raiding these days". and no I dont agree that back in the day rads used to be harded. it was easy compared to now. there was no mechanics. boring fight for an hour. just tank, just heal, just dps. thats it. is it hard? no. is it time consuming? YES. big yes. you only needed to get good gear and its easy.
    UilnaydarKyleran