Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our Conqueror's Blade Review - Attempting to Set a New Standard - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Every new game with new ideas pushes the genre forward. So even if this game did not turn out great, it's ideas and systems might just inspire the *next* great game.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    WBadger said:
    Kyleran said:
    THis is premature, not all weapons are in the game, and still a lot of things to do. Open Beta being reviewed should never happen and would implore mmorpg to scrap the "review" and change it to a preview.
    Total nonsense. They no longer wipe progression and accept money for starter packs and subscriptions, this game is "launched" and deserves to face the harsh light of a full review.

Beta is just a weasel word for "buy our broken, half finished game."
    This is a 13 -14 day open beta. Every beta I've tested the game was a server wipe.  I agree with your asessment but thaat is only becaus eof the garbage that used the term  in the past 5 years. 

I would imagine this game will have a wipe with a prelaunch early access event for those who did pay. As this is not an "early access" event , but a open beta. I think the last game that did it this way was Vanguard, which did have open beta and server wipe for early access preorders. 

It is weird when something bucks the trend and does things the old fashion way.
    Nah, that was the last wipe.  While they call it an open beta, the more appropriate term for it is soft launch.  It's why the founder's packs have been swapped out for the collector's edition packs on their websites.
    can you please link to the information you got about the beta ? 
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/905370/discussions/0/1642038749333010540/

Valentine and Aelynthi are both moderators recognized by the staff/employees of My.com on their official discord.  It was also in the FAQ but because the FAQ was embedded into the founder's pack page instead of being its own separate entity, it was taken down along with the packs.
    Phry
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2019
    paulytheb said:
    Every new game with new ideas pushes the genre forward. So even if this game did not turn out great, it's ideas and systems might just inspire the *next* great game.
    I would say the ideas are not new here-

Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders did it first in 2004, though the multiplayer part was only 1v1 match battle and was on xbox, but was pretty fun.

Mount & Blade/Warband 2008/2010 but no open world co-op/mp.

Kingdom Under Fire 2 which started development in 2008 and has yet to come west (probably never will).

Tiger Knight Empire Wars which had so much potential, whose combat I actually really liked as it was Warband like with its own style. Sadly its dead now and they never really developed the seige open world end.

CB just added co-op/mp with M&B style open world map and mmo-lite features which they have done a really nice job at.
    Limnic
  • Martimus1Martimus1 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Sorry but i like game like this but with a shitty combat that laggs and attacks wich still hit over 1m distance away from the weapon i just cant stand this bullshit the review is correct and also fuck this stupid launcher! if you dont start the fucking game you can enjoy this bullshit launcher poping up from the background and that even though you ended every fucking task! sorry for the language but this game is bullshit and annoys me the most because i love games like Tiger Knight, Mount and Blade and Dynasty warroir except that one that doesnt exist with also an open world!
    antieci
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    ok, so i've been playing a bit now and have some thoughts in relationship to the cons mentioned in the review.

Clunky/simplistic - It is a bit clunky, but so is the game in general at this point. As far as simplistic, I don't know if I would consider it a con. I kinda enjoy it and don't need that complicated type of combat as seen many games.

Lackluster visuals - not the best in the world, but fine for me. I don't have to have video card busting graphics to have a good time.

Empty World - This one, I would disagree with. It's not bursting to the seams, but the towns I'm in a full of people and when I go out into the world, I see people all of the time. When I think of empty world, I picture something like darkfall where you can wander forever and not see a soul.

Overwhelming progression system - matter of opinion obviously. For me, it was a bit daunting at the beginning, but I find I enjoy fiddling with different builds and such.

Overall, I would rate it at about 7 right now. I'm hoping to raise it a bit as time goes by. Not a great leap from the review, but I'm really enjoying it, and 7 seems fine to me.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Tenebrion2Tenebrion2 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Oh, look at that. Another game review by someone who spent 15 minutes in a game.

"Overwhelming progression"?
    "Simplistic combat"?
    "Empty open world"?
    Give me a break. These statements are objectively false. Are we even playing the same game?
    antieci
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Oh, look at that. Another game review by someone who spent 15 minutes in a game.

"Overwhelming progression"?
    "Simplistic combat"?
    "Empty open world"?
    Give me a break. These statements are objectively false. Are we even playing the same game?
    These are the kinds of arguments people make when they can't refute directly, it just becomes a slur match, if you can't make a reasoned response without calling people liars then nobody will take you seriously, but hey, welcome to the forum. :p
    GdemamiSojuantieci
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    iv been playing this and is ok but nothing special has some nice idear,s but also has allot of bad game play. people using max lvl skills will one shot you for one, not 100 percent on this because it could be hacks have seen a few being used but not often. biggest killer is all the early testers got to keep there stuff so have fun fighting max lvl and tier troops with trash. have had an ok time but am only still playing due to gaming friends playing it. has potential but there have been better games of the same type even look in the last few years who have all failed due to lack of scope so this may survive as the scope is quite big.one on one combat needs allot of work for this to get popular.
  • SojuSoju Member UncommonPosts: 24
    edited July 2019
    This is another great example of why reviews are typically worthless. Who on Earth thinks exactly like this guy? Probably nobody, or if he's lucky, a handful of people? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, however this review system really needs a little work.... Kind of a abysmal omen of this new crew coming aboard on mmorpg.com. 

Gaming fauxnalist in general are trending from bad to horrid. It's just a shame to see it from a website that has such a great history. 
    Post edited by Soju on
    Steam reviews of 73 percent positive from users in the past 30 days. It's listed as mostly positive. If you are going to fluff, try not using the word accuracy.

Just for accuracy, Steam reviews are 6/10,  Steam db 43% so I'd say this review agrees with many and falls well within the median.

;)

• antieciantieci Member UncommonPosts: 5
    underrated, deserves a way better score. you didnt play the game if you say combat is clunky or didnt get paste the tutorial. (you unlock more skills later on)

"it essentially becomes you throwing yourself at the enemy and hoping your health and armor keep you alive longer than your enemy."

You might be doing it wrong.

Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/conquerors-blade/reviews/our-conquerors-blade-review-attempting-to-set-a-new-standard-1000000523#MhBRYYJUHQEm373A.99
    I would give this game a 7 or an 8 for score 230 hours in and still having fun.

bet the guy who reviewed this didnt get paste the tutorial... has no clue
    edited July 2019

Godmode on! :D
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Soju said:
    This is another great example of why reviews are typically worthless. Who on Earth thinks exactly like this guy? Probably nobody, or if he's lucky, a handful of people? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, however this review system really needs a little work.... Kind of a abysmal omen of this new crew coming aboard on mmorpg.com. 

Gaming fauxnalist in general are trending from bad to horrid. It's just a shame to see it from a website that has such a great history. 
    Seriously? You have been here 17 times in the last 15 years, what do you know about any of that?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited August 2019
    lahnmir said:
    Soju said:

Seriously? You have been here 17 times in the last 15 years, what do you know about any of that?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

You don't always have to log in when you join a website. Are you new to the internet? Clownshoes… Not everyone here has to ramble about everything that gets posted, every time someone posts. I guess your fragile sensibilities outweigh your internet prowess....

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Are you just running around this site posting shit you 'd expect from baby boomers on facebook?
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

If He wass sold on his stance he would've replied rto the thread. 

Nonsense. He stated his opinion; you stated yours. You want to pick a fight and he's not interested. Move on.
  • maryaidanmaryaidan Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Game images look very nice!
    starjack io
  • Rudedawg007Rudedawg007 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    This review is wrong on so many levels. CB is a BLAST! and I am having a ton of fun playing it. So much better, and more fun than KoF2. The graphics are good, I have no lag even though the seige battles are 15v15. The combat is smooth, fun and engaging.

I would highly reccomend, if you like PVP you need to play this game! It's free to try and you can get to lvl 30 in a day.

As in all things being in a guild makes a big difference.

Cons? It's ftp, so you will have grind to get better units. That's the price we pay for the free to pay model.

Also matchmaking after lvl 30 is pretty bad - you will suffer - that's why being in a guild that plays together is so important.

Even with those 2 cons - I Still LOVE the game, play it everyday and I highly reccomend it. 2 Thumbs WAYYYY up!
  • ml12301974ml12301974 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The servers are trash and when you put a ticket in, all ta really get is , sorry for the inconvenience. The servers keep dropping, rubber banding, and freezing ALL the time. The peo0le running the game, seem to not care.