Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Elsweyr, Crown Packs, and More Discounted During QuakeCon 2019 Sale - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageESO Elsweyr, Crown Packs, and More Discounted During QuakeCon 2019 Sale - MMORPG.com

In a blog post, Zenimax Online Studios revealed massive discounts for Elder Scrolls Online items like the Elsweyr chapter, crown packs, and more during QuakeCon 2019.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Could anyone say if buying Elsweyr is worth it ?

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Whilst im not palying it anymore, i loved the elsweyr release, and whilst i didn't play the others at release, found it very fun to play, and if you have the spare cash couldn't recommend it more , jump in and buy it, then start a necro and play the storyline (you get  free house as well from doing it)

Scot

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Yes, worth it IMO
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

On sale...yes it is worth it.
    Agent_Joseph
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Of course I just bought this although it was on sale for $40 at gamestop so I really only lost a few $$. I am liking it so far although it is a bit overwhelming. I did play when ESO first came out, but I bought the standard edition so I could get the additional chapters included. I also wanted to totally start over and I made a new account. It started me in Elsweyr as I made a Necro. Some of the content is challenging for a new char, but I have seen high level players blow through the Public dungeons.
  • SlarakSlarak Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    I bought it from CD keys for $20. Well worth it at that price. The necro class is fun to play with.
  • CyberFrogCyberFrog Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I know what I say doesn't matter all that much but I stopped playing because all of the cool mounts are cash shop only.. I miss the days of things like that being a symbol of what you accomplished. I'm old school lol
    Iselincampbellxyz
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited July 2019
    CyberFrog said:
    I know what I say doesn't matter all that much but I stopped playing because all of the cool mounts are cash shop only.. I miss the days of things like that being a symbol of what you accomplished. I'm old school lol

Well it started to change recently. Before Elsweyr the only free mounts you could get were either event mounts or stream rewards. But now with the new expansion you can actually earn a pretty good new mount with completing all the achievements for the new raid. And Zenimax said that they will add new mounts you can earn with completing different challenges in the game with the future content releases

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Nepheth said:
    CyberFrog said:

Well it started to change recently. Before Elsweyr the only free mounts you could get were either event mounts or stream rewards. But now with the new expansion you can actually earn a pretty good new moutn with complating the achievement for the new raid. And Zenimax said that they will add new mounts you can earn with completing different challenges in the game with the future content releases
    In typical ZOS fashion though, they're taking a step forward and one back.

The new update will include the often requested ability for alts to have a skill line that takes a long time to unlock fully but one that you have fully unlocked with your main character available for alts to use. They're starting off with:

• Alliance War (Assault and Support)
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Fighters Guild
    • Legerdemain
    • Mages Guild
    • Undaunted
    With Psijiic, Soul Magic, Vampire and Werewolf coming later.

The bad news? Cash shop only.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Iselin said:

Nepheth said:

CyberFrog said:

Well it started to change recently. Before Elsweyr the only free mounts you could get were either event mounts or stream rewards. But now with the new expansion you can actually earn a pretty good new moutn with complating the achievement for the new raid. And Zenimax said that they will add new mounts you can earn with completing different challenges in the game with the future content releases

The new update will include the often requested ability for alts to have a skill line that takes a long time to unlock fully but one that you have fully unlocked with your main character available for alts to use. They're starting off with:

• Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Fighters Guild
    • Legerdemain
    • Mages Guild
    • Undaunted

That's very interesting. I guess being able to buy shard points for zones you have already completed on another character is paying off as a quick way for alts to get points.

Yep, lots of good quests. They should have make Necro just a skill line, imo.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Except this article was not based on the game,it was baseless and targeting >>$$$,we have crown sales,packs step right up,spend spend spend.
    On sale for $40? lol,i bought my fave mmorpg for 15 bucks for the fifth time about 5-7 years ago and that had about geesh at least 6 expansions with a few mini expacks.
    There is no news here,just advertising,same as it was posted in the Zeni news section,not sure how a NEWS post gets confused as a BLOG post,not that it matters when nothing is about WHY you should play the game but is all about spending money.

"SALE" one of the funniest terms ever created.Don't worry if the game is for you,just make an account,buy the game and start spending,that is all that matters right?Seems like a good legit reason for this site to copy paste Zeni's advertising for them,go figure.
    Iselin

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Bethesda, its all about the money these days, buy more crown crates etc etc. You don't need Elsweyr to play ESO, if anything i would hold off of buying any of the expansions until you have experienced the game enough to decide if its worth sticking with long term. If you have to ask whether buying Elsweyr is worth it, then chances are it probably isn't, play the game and then decide is my best advice. :/
    [Deleted User]CyberFrogIselin
    Iselin said:
    Nepheth said:
    CyberFrog said:

• Dark Brotherhood
    • Thieves Guild
    • Fighters Guild
    • Legerdemain
    • Mages Guild
    • Undaunted

I do appreciate the very kind reply.  There is lots to like in ESO.  (I was a bastard of a thief).  But I've returned to my holiday sale Steam library because of the ESO store.  I've made it through  so many single player games like Borderlands 1 and 2 and the recent Tomb raider games as well as all the Dark Souls games.  I'm sure I will return to ESO in the future.  I absolutely love the Dark brotherhood and the Thieves guild.   It breaks my heart seeing Zenimax and Bethesda becoming so greedy lately.  I've been playing their games since the beginning.
    Nepheth said:
    CyberFrog said:

Well it started to change recently. Before Elsweyr the only free mounts you could get were either event mounts or stream rewards. But now with the new expansion you can actually earn a pretty good new mount with completing all the achievements for the new raid. And Zenimax said that they will add new mounts you can earn with completing different challenges in the game with the future content releases

That's very cool.  Thanks for the reply.

CyberFrog said:
    Nepheth said:
    CyberFrog said:

That's very cool.  Thanks for the reply.

And yes I said "cool" and not sick or clutch.. That should show my age haha

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Worth it but still just cash shop news.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    If you have spare cash to burn a couple 21k packs is a good deal to sit on. I usually grab 1 or 2 every sale and save them.
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    SlyLoK said:
    If you have spare cash to burn a couple 21k packs is a good deal to sit on. I usually grab 1 or 2 every sale and save them.
    I do the same. I usually carry a nice balance of crowns just waiting for certain items to come on sale in the crown shop. That said, I don't waste my crowns on the lottery loot crates. 

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    If you subscribe to ESO plus you get I think its 1650 Crowns / month which is nice
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    edited July 2019
    thought i would jump on this and grab elsweyr... but eso account page is down... anyone else?
    NVM... and just after i typed this the page is now back up...