Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Homeless...and on my birthday!?!?

First off today is my birthday .  But that is about the only thing good.  I'm homeless, and have been for over a year now.  So I just got my bday money, and what I want to ask you guys is....what should I spend it on?  What game is worth my hard earned bday money?  Or should I not spend it at all and save it?  But really what is coming up in the next year that I should save this money for?  I was looking forward to Vanguard, but yea thats over.  And I was looking forward to Roma Victor...but idk, just doesnt look that good.  Also LOTR looks pretty good.  Games that I am looking at right now are Lineage 2, FFXI, SWG, and maybe TSoR.  A quick report on what I look for in a game:  Good graphics(although I play on a laptop, so they cant require that good of a comp.  I have reserves on Lineage 2 because of that reason), good community, and PvP.  Pretty basic requirements I know, but still.

So the question is should I save or spend?  And if I spend, what should I spend it on?  And if I save, what do I have to look forward to?

Thanks to everyone who took their time t o help me .

EDIT:  I really hope most of you guys arnt that stupid to think that I am really homeless.  I am using the therm homeless meaning that I am between games, that I have no "home" game right now.  Hence the use of the term homeless.  Please dont respond with these stupid idiotic post  " Maybe on food, or shelter", stfu please. 

EDIT*: I have played WoW, Guild Wars, Eve, DAoC, FFXI (ps2 version, really liked it), EQ2, and a hand full of free MMO.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.-
Frank Zappa

Comments

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    There are some interesting games coming out in the near future. I would hold onto you $$, sign up for beta's and trails come around weekly. Play a trial or beta and find your new home.Good luck
  • ZeausZeaus Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by robbykl1415
    First off today is my birthday . But that is about the only thing good. I'm homeless, and have been for over a year now. So I just got my bday money, and what I want to ask you guys is....what should I spend it on?

-----------------------------
    Want to get into the game industry? Read the game business advice guide.
    Also read GameDev and Gamasutra
    Download Impulse - Like steam but only DRM Free Games

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

hmm...

1..Food

2..a Home

3..Clothes?

4..not sure now, but I vote for more food

haha j/k, but I just couldn't resist

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
    If youre homeless how are you using a computer and how are you paying for MMOs? 

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

The Saga of Ryzom has good graphics, good community, and PvP. ::::02:: Also good roleplay if you're into that.

EDIT: By homeless, I think he meant he is without an MMO.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Save it. There is nothing worth 1 penny out there right now.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    It may help people advise you if you tell us what you have played in the past - e.g. have you tried WoW, Guild Wars etc.?

If you want PvP then you can cross FFXI off your list. It's heavily centred on group grinding.

I haven't played it, but I understand that Dark Age of Camelot has a pretty good reputation for PvP.

Guild Wars may be worth trying out it you haven't already done so, due to it's low cost. It probably meets your graphics/pvp criteria.

Within the next year Darkfall and Warhammer Online may (possibly) be released. Both are designed for PvP, although the newer games may be more taxing on your system.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

How are you on a computer asking what game you want to buy if you're homeless?

When you say "homeless" do you really mean "you're in college?"

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

Originally posted by Enigma
    How are you on a computer asking what game you want to buy if you're homeless?
    When you say "homeless" do you really mean "you're in college?"

I think he just means he doesn't have a game to call home.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829
    I hate to say this, but save your money. I dropped swg in January, and it is a decision i do not regret. In the time thereafter, I have trialed Ryzom, AO, WoW, and Eve, beta'd Seed, and actively played Lineage 2 and Matrix Online. Off the cuff, I can say Eve was the most compelling of these games, but the wish to walk on land or have a place to call home was a problem. Lineage 2 and MxO are nothing more than a grind with no end in site, and no home, and no real charater customization. In short, they lost their allure very quickly.

I did read they are announcing 40 mmo's at E3 right now. I will be watching their progress with credit card in hand, but if they refuse to make a deep game, then I will refuse to play. I have learned that MMO's are a waste if they are only worth 2 months of play.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• VexinVexin Member Posts: 297
    Don't sign up for anything without doing a trial first.  It's always a toss-up whether or not the opinions expressed on these forums are going to benefit your interests and playing styles, and the way games are hyped anymore (by people here and by the publishers), you really can't tell if what they are telling you is true.  One man's garbage is another man's treasure, as the saying goes.

Oh, and just make sure you steer clear of any Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) games. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    As ye SOE, so shall ye weep.

• ChaosKinChaosKin Member Posts: 50

I love folks who bash SOE.  No really, they need some love somewhere, heh.

Anyway, EQ and EQ2 are deep enough to handle you for a long time (EQ for 4 years and still going, EQ2 since launch) and Vanguard is coming...

I agree with the comment about using trials to figure out what you like.  There are numerous and sundry free trials out there.  Go forth and try a few.  Hope you find one to call home.  Good luck and good gaming.  Cheers!

Bringing Chaos to your locale.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Save your money.