Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolfenstein: Youngblood PC Review - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWolfenstein: Youngblood PC Review - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is the latest entry in the Wolfenstein franchise since the series’ reboot in 2014. Does the smaller scope and focus on new protagonists preserve the series’ brilliance, or does it fall short? This is our review of Wolfenstein: Youngblood on PC.

Read the full story here

Caffynated

Comments

• SojuSoju Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Suddenly, you're the only one writing reviews that matter at mmorpg.com. I appreciate they way you do your reviews. It's an art completely lost on the new crew coming in.
  • BonejokerBonejoker Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited July 2019
    I personally did not like the dialogue of the two main characters, it seems that they forced the sjw or pc, the way they implemented the tutorial should pause for the two players to read so as not to be interrupted when receiving damage, I do not like the life system of the enemies, when shooting there is no difference in the head or foot of the enemy the damage was the same, be changing weapons according to the type of enemy to break the shield but the damage was not very different from using a weapon opposite to the type of shield of the enemy.
    Post edited by Bonejoker on
    Lambon23
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Elite: Dangerous
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Soju said:

Suddenly, you're the only one writing reviews that matter at mmorpg.com. I appreciate they way you do your reviews. It's an art completely lost on the new crew coming in.

Appreciate the kind words
    i486DX2-66
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Bonejoker said:
    I personally did not like the dialogue of the two main characters, it seems that they forced the sjw or pc, the way they implemented the tutorial should pause for the two players to read so as not to be interrupted when receiving damage, I do not like the life system of the enemies, when shooting there is no difference in the head or foot of the enemy the damage was the same, be changing weapons according to the type of enemy to break the shield but the damage was not very different from using a weapon opposite to the type of shield of the enemy.
    Okay as I haven't played this, but I have noticed the review bombs all mentioning SJW and Feminist in them, I'll ask you a question if you have played the game. What about it makes it SJW and PC? Is it because the characters are women, or is there actual dialogue to back this up? I feel like every review in the puddle of 0/10's just says SJW, PC, and Feminist, throws a 0 at the game and moves on and doesn't mention what about it is. 
    SBFord[Deleted User]Maddog666ValdheiminfomatzHariken
    edited July 2019

Bonejoker said:

Okay as I haven't played this, but I have noticed the review bombs all mentioning SJW and Feminist in them, I'll ask you a question if you have played the game. What about it makes it SJW and PC? Is it because the characters are women, or is there actual dialogue to back this up? I feel like every review in the puddle of 0/10's just says SJW, PC, and Feminist, throws a 0 at the game and moves on and doesn't mention what about it is. 

the dialogue is something sjw, the pc comes for the characters when you have been playing for about 1 hour the only man in the room touches the woman to pass something and she acts defensively in a safe place they had and the way they act It is not consistent with the situation.
    (When you get to that part of the game you will not understand why it acts that way if the man is mute)

All good characters are women and men are enemies, no woman is an enemy.
    but that only the main characters have that type of dialogue, the rest of the women their dialogue is not that way and is according to the situation they live.
    but what most affects is the dialogue. I have no problem is a type of game with only good women and bad men, it can be a parallel universe and it's just a game. But I didn't like the dialogue of the two main characters, the shield system of the enemies and not being able to do more damage for heatshot
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Bonejoker said:

Bonejoker said:

the dialogue is something sjw, the pc comes for the characters when you have been playing for about 1 hour the only man in the room touches the woman to pass something and she acts defensively in a safe place they had and the way they act It is not consistent with the situation.
    (When you get to that part of the game you will not understand why it acts that way if the man is mute)

but that only the main characters have that type of dialogue, the rest of the women their dialogue is not that way and is according to the situation they live.
    but what most affects is the dialogue. I have no problem is a type of game with only good women and bad men, it can be a parallel universe and it's just a game. But I didn't like the dialogue of the two main characters, the shield system of the enemies and not being able to do more damage for heatshot
    Aren't the Elite Guard female enemies?

I'm guessing this is just a sore spot for you and you're just overreacting.
    [Deleted User]Maddog666infomatzHarikenkenguru23
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Bonejoker said:

Bonejoker said:

but what most affects is the dialogue.

I have no problem is a type of game with only good women and bad men, it can be a parallel universe and it's just a game.
    But I didn't like the dialogue of the two main characters, the shield system of the enemies and not being able to do more damage for heatshot

So...one of the main antagonists is a woman. The principal villain in the last game was a woman. That same woman was in New Order. I think you’re seeing what you want to see. If you didn’t enjoy the game, that is perfectly fine. But this is conjecture at best and isn’t even factually correct. In any case, appreciate you reading the review and hope you have a pleasant Friday.
    [Deleted User]Maddog666Valdheiminfomatzkenguru23
    edited July 2019

Sovrath said:

Bonejoker said:

Bonejoker said:

I have no problem is a type of game with only good women and bad men, it can be a parallel universe and it's just a game.
    But I didn't like the dialogue of the two main characters, the shield system of the enemies and not being able to do more damage for heatshot

These are the things I didn't like about the game.

Do you think the game dialogue is good for the two main characters? the shield system of the enemies? the damage you do according to where you shoot? The tutorial that does not pause the game so that both players can read the text without being interrupted when receiving damage? the expressions or scenes that the two main characters have?

The rest is about the critics that are in steam that you will notice that the one above asked why everyone puts sjw and pc. I don't care if the main characters are aliens, stones or animals. but it seems that everyone only reads that after all the things I put that I didn't like about the game they only read "many women"
    Maddog666DestinoBR
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    9 is way to generous for this game. I suggest taking a look on those reviews on steam..
    This is not a Wolfenstein game.
    Maddog666DestinoBROzmodan

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    This game is getting an average of 77 on Metacritic, might I suggest that a 90 is too high?
    XarkoDestinoBROzmodan

LeFantome said:

9 is way to generous for this game. I suggest taking a look on those reviews on steam..

This is not a Wolfenstein game.

It is best to see gameplay and see if it really is what you are looking for and then see the comments to see if it has a bug or failures that the gameplay does not show.
    some do not like the sjw but others the combat system
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Additionally, the ever-expanding proliferation of microtransactions in AAA games will never cease to frustrate me

Ugh I feel you here. Games that I don’t wait for the gold edition, I feel like I have to buy twice because theres no way I’m paying for every little DLC they took out of the launch of the game to charge me extra for.
    [Deleted User]infomatzDestinoBR

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

edited July 2019
    Bonejoker said:

Do you think the game dialogue is good for the two main characters? the shield system of the enemies? the damage you do according to where you shoot? The tutorial that does not pause the game so that both players can read the text without being interrupted when receiving damage? the expressions or scenes that the two main characters have?

The rest is about the critics that are in steam that you will notice that the one above asked why everyone puts sjw and pc. I don't care if the main characters are aliens, stones or animals. but it seems that everyone only reads that after all the things I put that I didn't like about the game they only read "many women"
    I'm just responding to your "no women are enemies."

Which isn't true and it makes it look like you are just a bit too sensitive to how men and women are portrayed. 

I should add that it's perfectly ok for you not to like things about the game. But when people start using "sjw" (cringe) that kind of paints them in their own special little light. If I find anything "preachy" I'll sure to update this post.
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombehMaddog666infomatz

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:

Bonejoker said:

Sovrath said:

Bonejoker said:

Bonejoker said:

The rest is about the critics that are in steam that you will notice that the one above asked why everyone puts sjw and pc.

I don't care if the main characters are aliens, stones or animals.
    but it seems that everyone only reads that after all the things I put that I didn't like about the game they only read "many women"

I'm just responding to your "no women are enemies."

Which isn't true and it makes it look like you are just a bit too sensitive to how men and women are portrayed. 

I should add that it's perfectly ok for you not to like things about the game. But when people start using "sjw" (cringe) that kind of paints them in their own special little light. If I find anything "preachy" I'll sure to update this post.

The first comment I put are the things that I didn't like and nowhere do I indicate that there are no women as an enemy.
    The second comment I put indicates that someone asked because in the review everyone mentions sjw and feminism and I put some reasons for the comments I read.

I do not know what you are trying to say with sensitive or I do not understand what your comment is if I clearly put "I personally do not like"

are two different comments which you are grabbing one if you know the context of the message.
    The first is because I didn't like the game.
    second because people talk about both sjw and feminism about the game.
    DestinoBR
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I have not looked into it yet, but I have been hearing it does not play like the other Wolfenstiens, I had not taken much notice of that and then I saw a Wolfenstien Cyberpilot game on Steam. That did make me think is Youngblood like the previous games or some sort of spin off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2019
    Bonejoker said:

The first comment I put are the things that I didn't like and nowhere do I indicate that there are no women as an enemy.
    The second comment I put indicates that someone asked because in the review everyone mentions sjw and feminism and I put some reasons for the comments I read.

I do not know what you are trying to say with sensitive or I do not understand what your comment is if I clearly put "I personally do not like"

are two different comments which you are grabbing one if you know the context of the message.
    The first is because I didn't like the game.
    second because people talk about both sjw and feminism about the game.
    Well that would explain it as your post wasn't clear at all! 

"It looked like you were saying this: All good characters are women and men are enemies, no woman is an enemy."

[Deleted User]Bonejoker

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Torval said:
    Scot said:
    This game is getting an average of 77 on Metacritic, might I suggest that a 90 is too high?
    You could if substantiate the premise with reasoning and logical arguments otherwise no you may not suggest it.
    Who are you to question the wisdom of METACRITIC!?!?!!??!
    [Deleted User]XarkoinfomatzDestinoBRSamhael

Scot said:

I have not looked into it yet, but I have been hearing it does not play like the other Wolfenstiens, I had not taken much notice of that and then I saw a Wolfenstien Cyberpilot game on Steam. That did make me think is Youngblood like the previous games or some sort of spin off?

Cyberpilot is a spin off VR title. Youngblood is a spin off of sorts, but not really. It’s a continuation of the main Wolfenstein stories, just smaller and priced accordingly ($30 instead of $60). I consider it part of the main Wolfenstein story. Hope this helps.
    [Deleted User]bartoni33Scot
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    While I despise the whole "oh this is just some SJW content" bullshit, I still have no love for the alternate history era of the Wolfenstein games. Fighting Nazis in the WWII era is fine, fighting them out of historical context I find incredibly absurd. It feels like they are trying way to hard to keep their franchise relevant, and just beating a dead horse. They feel to me like the totally unnecessary fourth Indian Jones film, where they are insulting not only their audience, but the dignity of their own franchise as well. What's next, fighting Nazis on the fucking moon? 

The Wolfenstein franchise has been not historically accurate since the first iteration of the game. You fight Hitler in a mech suit. You fight enemies that wear cloaks and shoot magic. 
    Sovrathbwwianakiev[Deleted User]TacticalZombehbartoni33Maddog666klash2definfomatzSamhael
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have sort of given up on anything good in rpg's and shooters are even worse.Shooters become more about loot and currency than being a shooter.
    The term exploration or "finding" Silver/loot is a weak point because all these shooters use very limited ideas ,maybe 2-4 ideas then it is not exploring anymore,it becomes an easy look and find those same hiding places.

Original Wolfenstein was simple walls and you shoot German like soldiers.So to remain accurate to that alone,would be sort of laughable and no reason to make another game.So what do you do from then on,shoot German like soldiers within walls,then part 3 ,shoot German like soldiers within walls,yeah you get the picture.
    So that is when these games begin to get a bit goofy with their ideas.

IMO games should be one and done,quit trying to cash in on the initial success and rehashing it over and over.

I don't want to see anymore Destiny's,Diablo's,Warcraft's,Final Fantasy's,Tom Clancy's etc etc,make it once then move on to a new IP.What usually ends up happening is i see games that look like dlc's or expansions but that would't sell much beyond $30 ,so devs rebrand the same IP ,claiming a NEW game then sell it for $80,easy peasy,thanks for your donations.

I want to see EVERY game EARN it's merits ,i don't want the same title rehashed over and over,make a good game and that NEW game will earn it's accolades on it's own merit instead of riding the coat tails of old.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Lambon23Lambon23 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    9 out of 10? What a joke.
    This site is compromised as I suspected.
    Caffynatedronanx
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    People here are suggesting that a review should be based on other reviews. That has literally been said. Get out.
    TacticalZombeh
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    While I despise the whole "oh this is just some SJW content" bullshit, I still have no love for the alternate history era of the Wolfenstein games. Fighting Nazis in the WWII era is fine, fighting them out of historical context I find incredibly absurd. It feels like they are trying way to hard to keep their franchise relevant, and just beating a dead horse. They feel to me like the totally unnecessary fourth Indian Jones film, where they are insulting not only their audience, but the dignity of their own franchise as well. What's next, fighting Nazis on the fucking moon? 

Not a fan of the TV adaptation of Philip K. Dick's The Man in the High Castle I take it.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited July 2019
    Lambon23 said:
    9 out of 10? What a joke.
    This site is compromised as I suspected.
    This guy says that "its' a ton of fun."

Maybe he's on the take too!

I should add that a number should never really "mean anything" other than to show where they are leaning. It's what the person says in relation to what  you like/dislike that is important.

Shouldn't need to be said but there it is.