Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online Coming To Nintendo Switch On August 6 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageDC Universe Online Coming To Nintendo Switch On August 6 - MMORPG.com

DC Universe Online is set to launch on Nintendo Switch on August 6.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Arterius said:

I will check it out... I just don't know how a full blown MMO will run on the Switch

Poorly. :)
    sumdumguy1Dryxalineonelesslight
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    this mmo shoulda died like 5 years ago
    momintimonelesslight
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

Pretty much when me and my friends stopped playing it. It had a good run but it shoulda either had a graphics upgrade or a sequel release.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

Pretty much when me and my friends stopped playing it. It had a good run but it shoulda either had a graphics upgrade or a sequel release.

Well a lot of people disagree with you as they release new content at least 4 times a year. And now they plan to release their version of DC's "Metal" (an iconic DC event) in two parts :-)
    onelesslightNepheth
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Here's to starting over a 3rd time :-)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    ..........yay?
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Personally, could never get this game to run smooth or even look good, not sure what I've been doing wrong, the graphic options always seemed very limited.
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    You didn't do anything wrong. It's just an old PS3 game.

I always found the main outdoor world after leaving the tutorial to be the biggest visual turnoff. City is ugly. I never lasted much longer than that.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2019

Arterius said:

I will check it out... I just don't know how a full blown MMO will run on the Switch

DCUO and FFXIV both ran OK (not great, but definitelly playable) on the PS3 last gen so this one should run relatively fine on the switch.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsononelesslight

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

I thought it was already dead.....

• nauhathnauhath Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Cant wait that rls. We dont have normal MMO on switch. Just wishing it never drop an error like realm royale what is fantastic on switch but with terrible performance.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    This is the rare game where the controls feel clunky both with a keyboard/mouse or a gamepad.

The architect that designed the city's buildings made a lot of money off of that one design.

It was fun a few years back when Playstation 3's were a thing, but I gotta think its going to underwhelm today.
    ShadowStyleB

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Scot said:

Arterius said:

You're obviously very ignorant of what the Switch is capable of. It's typical of people who don't own one.
    onelesslightNepheth

Scot said:

Arterius said:

You're obviously very ignorant of what the Switch is capable of. It's typical of people who don't own one.
    I know, call me childish but I draw some amusement from how small device fans always need to respond to my 'barely there' reasons for why small devices are so inferior. :D
    onelesslightMrMelGibson
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    You said it'd perform poorly without any reason backing it. That's less than "barely there" and kinda understandable that someone who enjoys the product or otherwise would have cause to dispute.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I personally have been debating off and on to get a Nintendo Switch. This may be the thing to do it for me. Still not sure yet but maybe... :)
    Waiting for the hardware refresh to get one myself.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Limnic said:
    The battery upgrade next month?
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    the most fun i had in this game was when it first came out and you could set a macro to shoot the grenade launcher insanely fast and insta kill people in pvp.
    Aeander said:
    Limnic said:
    Yeah, new processor and memory too. Not really an improvement to performance so much as efficiency.
    edited July 2019
    Limnic said:
    Aeander said:
    Limnic said:
    Yeah, new processor and memory too. Not really an improvement to performance so much as efficiency.
    It will be nice for sure.

I'm still very happy with mine. Many joyous hours logged into Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Beyond hyped for Fire Emblem Three Houses tomorrow. I'm hoping it will dethrone Fire Emblem Path of Radiance as my 2nd favorite game of all time (with the original Guild Wars being my first).
    MrMelGibson
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Limnic said:
    Aeander said:
    Limnic said:
    It will be nice for sure.

I'm still very happy with mine. Many joyous hours logged into Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Beyond hyped for Fire Emblem Three Houses tomorrow. I'm hoping it will dethrone Fire Emblem Path of Radiance as my 2nd favorite game of all time (with the original Guild Wars being my first).
    Reviews are strong @Aeander I got a collectors edition so I have to wait till tomorrow. Its going to kill me
    Oh I'm well aware of the reviews.

My copy is already on its way via UPS. Just gotta endure 1.5 more work days for that week long vacation. Can't wait.

Gonna go Black Eagles first. They have a major story branch with two completely different routes, so I'm going to go with them first and fourth, with the other houses inbetween.
    [Deleted User]
  • DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Has there been any information about subscription cost for the switch version ?
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Scot said:

Scot said:

Arterius said:

I know, call me childish but I draw some amusement from how small device fans always need to respond to my 'barely there' reasons for why small devices are so inferior. :D

Fair enough. You go ahead and enjoy your trolling. I don't really mind, I'm having a lot of fun on my Switch.

Scot said:

Scot said:

Arterius said:

Fair enough. You go ahead and enjoy your trolling. I don't really mind, I'm having a lot of fun on my Switch.
    Sure mate, sometimes we do take posts way too seriously, I am sure you would not have it unless you got enjoyment out of it. :)