Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full wipe

HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
edited July 2019 in Crowfall
At some point this week, 22 - 26 July, Crowfall is going to have an almost full wipe. The only thing not being reset is passive skill gain. Now would be a good time to jump in and give it a go if you are thinking about it.

As I have said before, in-game the community is really good, on the forums, still nice if not really whiny. Anyway, Full character wipe, the launch of a new campaign with the 5.10 build should be a good time! Come take a look.

Disclaimer: this game is in Pre-alpha (whatever that means to the world now) so it is not finished and you have to buy a package to play.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

gervaise1JamesGoblinUngood

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited July 2019
    After they announce the final wipe is when I'll consider joining, not interested in playing for "funsies."

Another 18 more months I guess.

;)
    TokkenRhygarthOctagon7711JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited July 2019
    I assume they will do a wipe at launch, these days you can't be sure. That's when I will actually check the game out enough to decide if I want to buy.

P.S This sort of thing might make a good news item rather then just some MMOish game somewhere is discounting something in their cash shop.
    KyleranTokkenJamesGoblin
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Arterius said:
    Do i want live or test patcher @Hatefull
    Live!
    JamesGoblin

• PrometeuPrometeu Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This game will be a perpetual wipe - as a core game mechanic.
    The only difference between now and 1 year from now is the amount of polish and features.
    Frykka

Always a Keeper of The Dark Side [KDS]
    Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

Prometeu said:
    This game will be a perpetual wipe - as a core game mechanic.
    The only difference between now and 1 year from now is the amount of polish and features.
    No, that is not accurate at all. If you mean the campaign will change, yes, they will but your character will enduring, after live. Between now and live, yes there will be wipes of various degrees. I hope that in a year there is a lot more polish and features.
    Frykka

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    How is the combat is it very fast and twitchy? 
    Hatefull
    Chamber of Chains
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    will this full wipe be the last wipe?

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Isn't this still pre-alpha?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Saw the post title and it reminded me of raid reports from days gone by.
    MendelHatefull

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Hatefull said:
    At some point this week, 22 - 26 July, Crowfall is going to have an almost full wipe. The only thing not being reset is passive skill gain. Now would be a good time to jump in and give it a go if you are thinking about it.

As I have said before, in-game the community is really good, on the forums, still nice if not really whiny. Anyway, Full character wipe, the launch of a new campaign with the 5.10 build should be a good time! Come take a look.

Disclaimer: this game is in Pre-alpha (whatever that means to the world now) so it is not finished and you have to buy a package to play.

come back when they actually launched the game,

today is the day for people trying to bait others to try crap games? are they so lacking in players they need to lure more?

Hatefull
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    KyleranScotHatefullbcbullyJamesGoblin

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Amathe said:
    Saw the post title and it reminded me of raid reports from days gone by.
    I agree.  Have you played "It's a Wipe"?  Fun simulation of an EQ1 guild.  Okay, fun if you're okay with a slight 'fun = managing guild drama' interpretation.

I was hoping this thread was about games, and fearing that it was about bathroom habits.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited July 2019
    The Mechanics, Forced PvP, UI, Gameplay (Summoned Tools for gathering? Really!?!) were enough to make me regard this game as Crowfail.
    And Classic WoW is coming so I have no time to start another MMO.
    Good luck thou.
    HatefullFrykka

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Hatefull said:

today is the day for people trying to bait others to try crap games? are they so lacking in players they need to lure more?

Jesus, you're an angry fucker.

Hatefull
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    How can they do a wipe and leave passives? Are passives tied to your account or will the character still be there reduced to scratch?

Gut Out!
    HatefullFrykka

What, me worry?

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Hatefull said:

When people find a game they enjoy and they want to see it succeed, they generally try to spread the word.

Hatefull is taking a pretty reasonable approach here, since he's just giving a bit of info on an upcoming state of the game and inviting people to try it out. That's rather benign for something to get snippy over.

Ain't like some other commentators that will actively assault every game that isn't their favored title, or attack any person that's in disagreement with their preferences.
    Hatefull[Deleted User]FrykkaJamesGoblin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Mendel said:

Have you played "It's a Wipe"? 

No, but I just looked it up and it seems fun.

Hatefull

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited July 2019
    cheyane said:
    How is the combat is it very fast and twitchy? 
    Not really, the TTK is kind of long so you have time to react and possibly win. Assuming, of course, similar gear, proficiency playing, similar numbers. It is very team-based atm.

will this full wipe be the last wipe?
    I very much doubt it.

Utinni said:
    Isn't this still pre-alpha?
    Yes, it is.

Hatefull said:

I provide factual information, do with it what you want. If you don't have an interest in the game, then don't play. Also, your immaturity is showing, you may want to go grow up a bit.

Avanah said:
    The Mechanics, Forced PvP, UI, Gameplay (Summoned Tools for gathering? Really!?!) were enough to make me regard this game as Crowfail.
    And Classic WoW is coming so I have no time to start another MMO.
    Good luck thou.
    HArvesting tools are crafted and stored in your inventory. Not sure where you got summoned from. The entire game is based on Realm Vs Realm and Guild Vs Guild warfare...I admit not everyones cup of tea however, not an auto fail. Good luck to you as well.

Gutlard said:
    How can they do a wipe and leave passives? Are passives tied to your account or will the character still be there reduced to scratch?

Gut Out!
    Yeah, passives are account-wide, and I assume since they have changes to make to them, but have not been implemented yet, they are holding off on that wipe until they are ready to put those changes into effect.

Limnic said:
    Hatefull said:

When people find a game they enjoy and they want to see it succeed, they generally try to spread the word.

Hatefull is taking a pretty reasonable approach here, since he's just giving a bit of info on an upcoming state of the game and inviting people to try it out. That's rather benign for something to get snippy over.

Ain't like some other commentators that will actively assault every game that isn't their favored title, or attack any person that's in disagreement with their preferences.
    Thank you, I do enjoy the game, and I realize others will not. I am putting information out there for people that may be interested. I do appreciate your explanation.

[Deleted User]bcbullyFrykkaJamesGoblin

As a follow-up. The new patch is live, the new campaign has not started yet, but you can go to Gods Reach and farm equipment and things you will need for the campaign. I have never seen so many people in this game, and that is a sentiment mirrored by years-long players.

If you are thinking about it, now is a great time to jump in!
    JamesGoblin

• Blazzen_LoDBlazzen_LoD Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Next full wipe is gonna be in march most likely when the 5.110 patch launches which also means Crowfall will enter beta and invite +300k best testers. 
    HatefullFrykkaJamesGoblin