Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Update 5.1 Brings New Systems, New Player World ‘God’s Reach’ - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageCrowfall Update 5.1 Brings New Systems, New Player World ‘God’s Reach’ - MMORPG.com

Crowfall continues on it's path toward release and has given us a meaty status update on the state of development. We have brand new updates on version update 5.1 and a brand new world dedicated to teaching new players the ins-and-outs of the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NeffxUniNeffxUni Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I dont understand...is the game out currently for early access or something? All these updates and things. Why have a new player zone when theoretically, everyone should be a new player when it launches? I'm lost on this game and where it stands. Are they even in beta?
    OzmodanXingbairongArskaaasakinol
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    still pre alpha?.. no one cares about your game anymore.
    Viper482Mikehasakinolgastovski1PuReDusTLeFantomemrputtsFolmenArskaaa
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Unless this game get optimization it will fail hard and I mean really hard it's to clunky and laggyish.
    bcbullyPuReDusTLeFantome

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    This is the new normal. Release as an Alpha/Early Access and once everything is fixed re-release it as an "Official Launch".
  • XA20XXA20X Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Can anyone who has actually played comment on this? It seems to me like this game is going for a "What Guild Wars 2 could have been" kinda thing. For anyone who has actually played, does it do anything good? Cause I have been watching this game kinda out of the corner of my eye, and gameplay videos feel.. empty? Like I am missing something, that should be obvious.

Or is the game really just that empty?
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

koldmiser said:

This is the new normal. Release as an Alpha/Early Access and once everything is fixed re-release it as an "Official Launch".

In the meantime you can ignore it or enjoy it.
    JamesGoblintweedledumb99LeFantome

Rhoklaw said:

I think someone mentioned in another thread that they will be doing the final character progression wipe this week. So whoever is playing after the 22-26th of this month will be able to maintain their character progression, even after it launches, whenever that will be. I've heard of a few day head start, but seeing as it's not even in beta yet, that's one hell of a time gap for players joining the game when it does launch, lol.

There is a wipe but didn't see anything about it being the last. Considering how far from release they are, haven't even gone into Alphas or Betas, I don't see how it could be the final wipe.
    HatefullJamesGoblintweedledumb99Valdheimgastovski1KyleranLeFantomeTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
    edited July 2019

XA20X said:

Can anyone who has actually played comment on this? It seems to me like this game is going for a "What Guild Wars 2 could have been" kinda thing. For anyone who has actually played, does it do anything good? Cause I have been watching this game kinda out of the corner of my eye, and gameplay videos feel.. empty? Like I am missing something, that should be obvious.

Or is the game really just that empty?

Depends on what GW2 could of been to you. GW2 is a full AAA MMO with everything. Crowfall is a niche (lacks a lot of stuff) concept that is far from complete. GW2's PVE, world, combat, PVP, progression, class design, etc are miles ahead of anything Crowfall will likely ever have or be.

Really nothing about Crowfall is top shelf quality. Much of the design is copied from Shadowbane for better or worse, they have better crafting system then most games but it isn't really complex or anything just a lot more effort involved, and there are campaigns which are like MMO arenas or battlegrounds that go on for weeks or months.

Character design and progression, classes, skills, combat, PVE AI, world etc are all pretty empty as you say. They aren't terrible but not really close to what else is out there. Other smaller MMOs are coming that look like they will try to go for more.

Been in pre-alpha 4.5 years, supposed to be in Alpha last year.

Maybe in a year or two it will be something special, but other games do just as much and more. Camelot Unchained will be aimed at a similar group but is in a similar state.

I haven't bothered logging in for a bit but still follow regularly. New update has me interested but still clearly far from complete. This article paints a pretty picture, but much of the paint is still missing. More of what it should become rather then what it is.

Anyway, come launch, it should be worth a look as long as they don't screw everything up but that is a long way off.
    ultimateduckJamesGoblintweedledumb99ValdheimPuReDusT[Deleted User]
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

bgzgamer said:

still pre alpha?.. no one cares about your game anymore.

Not quite accurate. The community is small at this point but big enough to make it interesting during prime time. It is a fun game, a lot of work left to do but fun nonetheless.
    JamesGoblinultimateduckLeFantomeKyleran[Deleted User]

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    interesting......still in pre alpha,so what are we looking at? 5 -7 more years before release?
    XingbairongLeFantomeKyleran
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Another "give us your money" game in perpetual development.
    Ozmodansakinolgastovski1XingbairongLeFantome
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PrometeuPrometeu Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I've been playing mmo's for the last 16 years. This game is in a much better state in pre-alpha then many games at release.
    GW2 - was ghost PvP game when it launched - culling mechanic anyone? Crowfall is not in a much better state performance wise (50vs50 is where the performance starts to take a hit) but is still in pre-alpha.
    Crowfall has many unique features where no other MMO to date has gone before - so hold your horses when comparing it with other released games.
    - Unique worlds ( you won't play in the same world twice) - so exploration is an actual game.
    - Multiple game types: Offers 3 faction warfare(playable already) . but in the next 2-3 months we will get also the Dregs - a Guild vs Guild environment.
    - Vessel system - your Body is like a ship in EvE - you can have multiple with multiple roles/loadouts.
    - Extreme character customization - 12 Classes each with 3 specializations and Disciplines(stats and skills in runestone) on top of all that.
    - The most complex gathering system I have ever played.
    - The most complex crafting system I've seen since SWG.
    - The most complex Vulnerability system for the PvP Poi's (Keeps and Forts)I've seen to date.
    - The most flexible world rules system. You can start from scratch and everyone has equal chances regardless of previous amassed wealth. Or you can bring in the big guns but so can your enemy.

And I could add a few more.

Camelot Unchained is light years behind - and it's a game I'm closely following as well.

The New Player Experience - the God's Reach is meant exactly for those new players - so they grasp the game before the venture in the PvP hot spots where the real magic happens!

This movie is just about a siege but is just the tip of the iceberg of what Crowfall is:

/cheers
    ultimateduckJamesGoblinAlomarValdheimXingbairongKyleran[Deleted User]

Always a Keeper of The Dark Side [KDS]
    Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    This is going to be VERY tough to explain and even harder for me to put into words.

A game or someone can post what a game is doing,make it look good on paper,however what i usually say is the biggest aspect of a game is WHAT are you doing in that game.It matters a LOT because if what YOU are doing has very little to do with all the other content ideas,then what do they matter?

Or even easier to explain is what if the main premise is pvp and i can't stand pvp in a rpg setting?You see the problem now,nothing else would matter because the game is dead in the water from the start all because of pvp.

I can dissect a bit further on some of the ideas mentioned.

Never explore the same world twice,i see that as a HUGE negative,zero immersion because it would feel more like i am playing Diablo or something,just rearrange the assets around...no thanks,i want the world i reside in to have a PERMANENT feel/lore/interaction.I want to learn the world and not have it disappear on me.

faction warfare.."3" lol ,if i wanted to enjoy FACTION gaming,there would have to be at least 20-30++ factions NOT 2 or 3.

Guild versus guild,well it can be a sort of fun idea but NOT if unbalanced which pvp in a rpg usually is.

No matter what i think or anyone else thinks of each design system,the one flaw i said from day 1 is >>cash shop.I will NOT support a cash shop and i will not play a game that has one because once the door is open you NEVER know where the cash shop will lead to.Furthermore,i play ATLAS,i can build anywhere i feel like,i don't have to buy a parcel from anyone,i don't have to buy plots or visit any cash shop.I can also build ships and sails the seas,hunt in the water,can Crowfall do that?

CF would have to completely LOSE the cash shop to have any chance at gaining my attention.LOSE the SEASONS idea,that idea never sit well with me,i see it in other games and think some people must watch too much TV to inherit the "seasons" idea.Then lose the PVP,so that is 3 major changes to make the game i would play.
    ultimateduckpaulytheb

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    edited July 2019

Arterius said:

Wizardry said:

This is going to be VERY tough to explain and even harder for me to put into words.

A game or someone can post what a game is doing,make it look good on paper,however what i usually say is the biggest aspect of a game is WHAT are you doing in that game.It matters a LOT because if what YOU are doing has very little to do with all the other content ideas,then what do they matter?

Or even easier to explain is what if the main premise is pvp and i can't stand pvp in a rpg setting?You see the problem now,nothing else would matter because the game is dead in the water from the start all because of pvp.

I can dissect a bit further on some of the ideas mentioned.

Never explore the same world twice,i see that as a HUGE negative,zero immersion because it would feel more like i am playing Diablo or something,just rearrange the assets around...no thanks,i want the world i reside in to have a PERMANENT feel/lore/interaction.I want to learn the world and not have it disappear on me.

faction warfare.."3" lol ,if i wanted to enjoy FACTION gaming,there would have to be at least 20-30++ factions NOT 2 or 3.

Guild versus guild,well it can be a sort of fun idea but NOT if unbalanced which pvp in a rpg usually is.

No matter what i think or anyone else thinks of each design system,the one flaw i said from day 1 is >>cash shop.I will NOT support a cash shop and i will not play a game that has one because once the door is open you NEVER know where the cash shop will lead to.Furthermore,i play ATLAS,i can build anywhere i feel like,i don't have to buy a parcel from anyone,i don't have to buy plots or visit any cash shop.I can also build ships and sails the seas,hunt in the water,can Crowfall do that?

CF would have to completely LOSE the cash shop to have any chance at gaining my attention.LOSE the SEASONS idea,that idea never sit well with me,i see it in other games and think some people must watch too much TV to inherit the "seasons" idea.Then lose the PVP,so that is 3 major changes to make the game i would play.

The seasons idea and the PVP are the main 2 aspects of the game. What your asking for is a completely different MMO

At least he didn't compare it to a final fantasy title. Baby steps! He says basically the same shit about every single game that isn't the 1-2 games he plays. He's just a very angry dude or a dedicated troll.
    OzmodanValdheimTacticalZombehultimateduck[Deleted User]kenguru23paulythebKinringJamesGoblin
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I was kind of looking forward to this game, but it seems their inability to progress beyond a pre-alpha stage has put it into the will it ever release categories.  I have some friends that have access to the game and do play it occasionally.   Their hopes for the game are rather low at this point.  They have a really long way to go at this point of development and that is nothing positive.
    [Deleted User]Xingbairong
  • odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    This really has me excited for the game's release in 2035.
    XingbairongKylerangunklackerJamesGoblin

Prometeu said:

- Unique worlds ( you won't play in the same world twice) - so exploration is an actual game.

- Multiple game types: Offers 3 faction warfare(playable already) . but in the next 2-3 months we will get also the Dregs - a Guild vs Guild environment.

- Vessel system - your Body is like a ship in EvE - you can have multiple with multiple roles/loadouts.

- Extreme character customization - 12 Classes each with 3 specializations and Disciplines(stats and skills in runestone) on top of all that.

- The most complex Vulnerability system for the PvP Poi's (Keeps and Forts)I've seen to date.

- The most flexible world rules system. You can start from scratch and everyone has equal chances regardless of previous amassed wealth. Or you can bring in the big guns but so can your enemy.

Camelot Unchained is light years behind - and it's a game I'm closely following as well.

The world builder is very bland and everything they've mentioned to make them more is just more of the same. Can't guess how many different "worlds" of Crowfall I've been in since the start but they look almost identical. Shuffling around the pieces or having one or another is not remotely close to having a real game world. Also it is a bunch of smaller zones, so the "world" aspect goes away and brings me back to zoning in any other MMO with just a lot less diversity.

Dregs might be more of the same as well. Instead of a faction you are a solo guild or alliance standing in circles and doing the same timed sieges.

Vessels are more like characters in other games. Cool that you can craft them and passive training applies to all but not much different then any other MMO.

Character customization is one of the less exciting I've ever played with. Since you mentioned GW2, there is no comparison. Crowfall on paper makes it sound like it would be nice but their actual effort is lacking. Good chunk of customization is just stats. Very little changing of how a class plays besides 1-2 powers maybe.

Gathering and Crafting are good but they aren't complex as in difficult to figure out or use. Tedious would be a better term. Lots of ingredients for the result, but pretty straight forward. Some like this though so I'm glad ACE spends time on it.

Not sure what you mean by POI vulnerability. Standing in circles and their simplistic siege is far away from what other games have done, even Shadowbane however many years ago had more.

Not sure if you haven't played many games like this, but Crowfall isn't doing a ton new or taking it further for a modern game. Lots of good ideas on paper but so far they aren't hitting it for me. Camelot at least has shown things that will set them up for their more creative features, Crowfall hasn't really grown for a long time, just re-doing the same systems which aren't many. Obviously will see how both end up.
    Alomar
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Prometeu said:

/cheers

It's nowhere near as complex as SWG though. Resources being random spawn across multiple values with limited supply are what made SWG economy work.
    aRtFuLThinG
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164

Allein said:

koldmiser said:

In the meantime you can ignore it or enjoy it.

Enjoy what?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Allein said:

Prometeu said:

The world builder is very bland and everything they've mentioned to make them more is just more of the same. Can't guess how many different "worlds" of Crowfall I've been in since the start but they look almost identical. Shuffling around the pieces or having one or another is not remotely close to having a real game world. Also it is a bunch of smaller zones, so the "world" aspect goes away and brings me back to zoning in any other MMO with just a lot less diversity.

Dregs might be more of the same as well. Instead of a faction you are a solo guild or alliance standing in circles and doing the same timed sieges.

Vessels are more like characters in other games. Cool that you can craft them and passive training applies to all but not much different then any other MMO.

Character customization is one of the less exciting I've ever played with. Since you mentioned GW2, there is no comparison. Crowfall on paper makes it sound like it would be nice but their actual effort is lacking. Good chunk of customization is just stats. Very little changing of how a class plays besides 1-2 powers maybe.

Gathering and Crafting are good but they aren't complex as in difficult to figure out or use. Tedious would be a better term. Lots of ingredients for the result, but pretty straight forward. Some like this though so I'm glad ACE spends time on it.

Not sure what you mean by POI vulnerability. Standing in circles and their simplistic siege is far away from what other games have done, even Shadowbane however many years ago had more.

Not sure if you haven't played many games like this, but Crowfall isn't doing a ton new or taking it further for a modern game. Lots of good ideas on paper but so far they aren't hitting it for me. Camelot at least has shown things that will set them up for their more creative features, Crowfall hasn't really grown for a long time, just re-doing the same systems which aren't many. Obviously will see how both end up.
    In 18 more months of course.

:D
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Cash grab game. So disappointed. I had high hopes for this one a long time ago....
    HatefullJamesGoblin
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Just felt like a really unpolished survival game with janky fantasy combat.

The ultra dependency on survival-esque gathering and crafting killed any interest I had.

KyleranHatefull
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    My concern is it for the amount of “hype” for this game, it appears people can currently play it in early access type situation but I don’t see any streams of it or anyone that really plays it? These type of games don’t end of doing well.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TekmonTekmon Member UncommonPosts: 28
    If characters are going to be persistent this week and never will be wiped, then this week is the actual launch of the game.  I guess it was time to sh*t or get off the pot.  
    HatefullJamesGoblin
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Greatness said:
    My concern is it for the amount of “hype” for this game, it appears people can currently play it in early access type situation but I don’t see any streams of it or anyone that really plays it? These type of games don’t end of doing well.
    to be fair I don't see much hype only every once in while a backer try to get people atencion on this and some progress from the site, but after the whole we are selling the tech we used to amke the game without a game, I wouldn't even bother to look on this game after its done, if ever
    GreatnessJamesGoblin
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.