Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG this is game is has changed for the better. LiF MMO

CobaneCobane Member UncommonPosts: 151
I recently went back to this game since a few friends are playing. Wow has this game changed for the better? Grind is gone! It's free too. Let me know if you research it and play. If you end up liking it let me know. If you are mature and enjoy the game we have an entire village built by our guild, in the works for our own castle with supporting aspects like farming, forestry, animal husbandry, auction/trading post. I am a hunter working towards animal lore. 

Skills work like Eve-online, but not as harsh. Let me know your thoughts guys. This is a game-changer. Did I mention you can dig mines for gathering ore like Minecraft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFRE5U4rtrI

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Glad to see things are looking up, don't get much news around these parts about LiFO.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    i wanted to try it yday since its free, but on their site i cannot seem to find a "free" option, also i see diferent versions of the game..
    i would be interested in an mmo version, cant find it in steam...
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Isnt that game banned here? 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• CobaneCobane Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited July 2019
    Type this in the steam search bar: Life is Feudal: MMO 

Yeah, the free version there. once in the game look for friends or look me up on steam. gamer tag Oshric this game is realistic you have join a village and work with your community to progress, very social game. Like the tv series Vikings man!! Amazing game man I am blown away. 

I killed 2 wolves and a deer today, took me like 30 minutes but was so rewarding, now Meat is back on the Menu!! 
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited July 2019
    How about the ganking level?
    When FFA PVP games fail, that’s the culprit number one.
    I am sure LIF is no exception.
    edited July 2019
    There are three major safe zones cant even duel. and you can build your village/castle in them..or outside of them, store all your high-quality level items in the safe zone. Very good business model my guild leader shared with me. people are going to venture out further away as hey have along time ago. the really cool thing is you can build roads to other friends houses/settlements or even huge cities so you call ride faster or carry wagon full of goods faster man. get downloading brothers We need more people in the game! Hopefully, you reach out to me in the game and start a dialog!! 
    [Deleted User]
    Reviews are based off old patches. Its a heavy and deep game. Pretty much a game fo thrones simulator. Players can play peasants or they can work there way up to King, but you can't get there alone.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Seems interesting and id actually try it based on OP review but no time and i have to get better at starcraft lol
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Since there is a lot of renewed interest in the game a lot of people are trying to download the game, so the servers are throttled from what I hear. It's a huge game world big download please be patient and let me know when it's installed we could use you a carpenter and other roles. We will teach you the ways too! 
    We are recruiting man! New players in global chat. Grab all your old friend's lets do this!! If you want our discord let me know.
    Nyctelios I sent you a friend request on steam and discord.
    edited July 2019
    Some might feel this game is slow-paced and boring and not much content. The content comes from playing with others and working together to build a house like in Game of Thrones. Each player/ friend offering a different skill set to get established and have a functioning guild. As an archer, I rely on a carpenter to make my equipment and that guy is another player. We get stronger by everyone working together that's the content in this game. It's different but a lot of us are looking for this type of gameplay.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited July 2019
    Cobane said:
    Some might feel this game is slow-paced and boring and not much content. The content comes from playing with others and working together to build a house like in Game of Thrones. Each player/ friend offering a different skill set to get established and have a functioning guild. As an archer, I rely on a carpenter to make my equipment and that guy is another player. We get stronger by everyone working together that's the content in this game. It's different but a lot of us are looking for this type of gameplay.
    You and your friends are looking for slow paced, boring, low content gameplay? A bit weird but I guess there are all types in this world. :D

I don't mind doing a bit of gathering / selling to earn my way but in general games with heavy crafting interdependence are a no go for an old murder hobo like me.

My preferred gameplay is killing things for progession and profit about 80% of the time, and actually as far as I'm concerned crafting is more like work and not entertaining.

LiFO sounds like WURM with more interdependence between players which it accomplishes by making crafting too slow and tedious for a player to do it by themselves. 

Yeah, definitely not my style of game,  a bit too much crafting simulation and not enough of what I consider "fun."

Enjoy, but I'll stick with POE for now where I will continue as the "Hobo Lord of Death," killing thousands nightly for pleasure and profit.

Cheers

B)

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Sorry, preparing for Classic WoW. Can't invest in other Time consuming games that can't be finished by 27 August.:)
    Playing Dishonored right now. Might play Dishonored 2 if I finish the first one before then. Pretty fun Game and only $1.99 on Steam. Can't beat that. GL thou. :)
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

edited July 2019
    Enjoy thanks for sharing guys.