Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apex Legends To Force Cheaters To Play Each Other - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    this might be a way out there thing to say but i wouldn't mind watching them matches, who is the better cheat xD !
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:
    Interesting but won't they catch on immediately and go make a new account?
    Yes! That's why this answer only sounds good in conference rooms and forums.
    And if they were banned from a free to play game like Apex?  They would . . . make a new account.  At least this way, for a time at least, legit players are free of them. 
  • ShammFrammShammFramm Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    Not worth posting this garbage here.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sounds interesting in theory, kid of like the gaming equivalent of having a second Olympics where PEDs are OK probably sponsored by pharmaceutical companies :)

But like Slap in the first post I'm confused by the message that they can spot cheaters easily and ban them but also have them play against each other... while banned?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• trixtrix Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited July 2019
    about time a company started doing this, all the rest are retarded. fuck I thought this got deletered.
    Post edited by trix on
    LOL L2's new advertisement is wonderful..... 
    Take a step back in time and relive the original Lineage II experience as it was in the beginning. Create a classic hero from the original 5 races and 31 class options and jump into the nostalgic hardcore level grind where the rewards can outweigh the risks. It's your chance to experience the game the way it was when "hardcore" meant something!
  • trixtrix Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited July 2019

lahnmir said:

Funny how f2p scrubs are cheating on a f2p game. Kinda adds to the "nothing to live for" mentality about their lives.

Interesting. Could you please describe the relationship between F2P players and a "nothing to live for" mentality? Just curious.  

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

only aries tigers know the secrets of those mysteries.

about time someone started doing this, all the other game companies are slow! (is slow ok to use? super sorry for the strong language). P.S. my posts are super important please don't delete them.
    LOL L2's new advertisement is wonderful..... 
    Take a step back in time and relive the original Lineage II experience as it was in the beginning. Create a classic hero from the original 5 races and 31 class options and jump into the nostalgic hardcore level grind where the rewards can outweigh the risks. It's your chance to experience the game the way it was when "hardcore" meant something!
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited July 2019
    This literally does nothing to solve the issue. Here is a play by play..

Hacker: "Oh, I am not winning anymore"
    *Creates new account*
    Hacker: "And I am back ruining the game for everyone"

Brain dead devs strike again with another useless idea to try and stem the flow of hackers without losing income from them.

Hardware ID ban or your game is doomed.
    Gdemami
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Just ban them? It's like they want the hackers to stay or something. It doesn't make much sense to keep hackers around.
  • metoocallmetoocall Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited July 2019
    We connect you live Video chat with strangers to chat with strangers making it easier than ever for you to meet new people online. Me2call4U allow you to personalize your look with our new live video filters and video stickers
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35

It is an odd topic that has been discussed for a while. Some countries can force companies to refund money if they ban players, since that game has been paid for, and they are refusing the player access to their accounts, thus stopping a paid service. However, if you make it a "feature" to put players who cheat in an arena to battle each other, you are no longer stopping service from paying customers, instead you are allowing them to continue being ass-hats to other cheaters and not hurting you main population. This skirts that line of a refund for stopping services and removed the customers chances of obtaining a refund.

I did not know this. Cheaters can very quickly ruin an online game especially a PVP focused one, shame these countries don't investigate the reasons for bans more.
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 35

People who cheat in competitive games are pathetic.

Although I agree it is unfortunately the simple fact that people like to win. Whether it's sports, game shows or gaming some people will always do what they can to win at all cost. I'd like to see developers do a little more I terms of engagement though, let us know how many have been banned name and shame accounts that have been proven to be cheating etc. Report after report with no feedback can make you feel that the devs don't care.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited July 2019
    lahnmir said:
    Funny how f2p scrubs are cheating on a f2p game. Kinda adds to the "nothing to live for" mentality about their lives.
    Interesting. Could you please describe the relationship between F2P players and a "nothing to live for" mentality? Just curious.  

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    To understand this common phrase you neeed to take a second to step back and look at the bigger picture...don't take it at face value.

Their avatar is completely free and can be "rinsed and repeated" and re-applied, re-created as needed. Thus they can do whatever they want however they want in the game world until the banhammer comes down. Hence they realize overtime that they have nothing to live for (their game avatar in this case.)
    lahnmir