Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just saved over 100 USD by this one simple trick

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    goboygo said:
    Or, you could play games without making expensive cash shop purchases, and save yourself even more. F2P games (or virtually free due to extremely low upfront cost such as BDO) are as expensive as the player chooses to make them.

Contrived savings aren't actual savings.

Also, the game matters. Not all $15/month games offer the same deal. Some of them require additional expenditures, such as up front costs and periodic paid for expansions. In such cases, those costs must be included for valid comparison.

Edit: Well, now seeing it is about ESO, that one is a bit of as strange duck. You can also choose to B2P (as I have) instead of subscribe. The only niggling thing about the former is the loss of crafting inventory which I wasn't aware of at the time, but it does free one from monthly obligation.

Regardless, ESO is also as costly as you wish to make it, as one can boost that cost through cash shop purchases if so inclined, though you do get a lot of free bits from daily logins which is nice.
    F2P MMO's suck the life out of you, but if your time is worth nothing, then by all means spend it all grinding on FP2 games.  And why are they free in the first place, because they aren't good enough to pay for day one or its an older sub game that goes F2P to keep the interest going.

Wow, Final Fantasy, and a very few others are really the only games worth the time/progression investment.

The rest of the games designed day one as F2P are designed for kids and the unemployed that have tons of free time they don't value, and people that dump 50 plus a month into a game that used pay 15.

F2P MMO's are un-defendable if look at them from a cost / time progression value.
    F2P MMOs are indefensible from a cost/time progression value... to those that can afford the cost of a better ratio while having no regard for those that cannot.

Those on a fixed income value their time. They simply have an abundance of time and a shortage of money, making the former easier to part with. Since few things can be purchased with time alone, F2P games are a good entertainment option for them.

The few games you feel are worth the time/progression investment are worth nothing to those that can't afford the cost.

That is how F2P games are defensible.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited July 2019
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:
    Indeed a lot of F2P are too expensive. I didn't  buy anything on BDO aside from the game when it launched and a monthly sub which I think was fair.
    I think the monthly sub option for BDO is worth the money, but although i play a lot i stopped buying the vip package, i don't need the extra inventory or bank spaces anymore and i don't buy/sell things from the market enough to be bothered about losing 30% of item values, it depends on how you play the game, i play BDO several hours a day, along with FFXIV very different games but both totally awesome for entirely different reasons.
    Either way its not like these games are half as bad as the various mobile games that give microtransactions a really bad name, and although ESO is better than it was, i wouldn't hold it up as the shining example either, its either acceptable or it isn't and thats a very personal metric anyway. ;)
    You can just leave the money in the market unclaimed until you have enough to justify grabbing a value pack. 30% more silver on multi-billion sales is nothing to sneeze at. 
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited July 2019
    Only thing you really need to buy in BDO are pets, costumes you can buy for silver and It's easy to get silver these days, but if you want to compete with 1% of the hardcore players then go ahead a open your wallet.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Instead of buying a 50 dollar tent in BDO and a 30 dollar costume+the 60 dollar pack they have for sell currently that comes with a costume and a pet and a 15 day value pack+separately another 30 day value pack that also costs 15 USD

I used it to pay for a 15 USD a month sub (its ESO) that gives me the entire game for that single price except some expansions occasionally.

Such a massive savings!

Who knew sub MMOs were so cheap in comparison? Maybe devs in the future can take some ideas from sub MMOs, because its quite a nice idea I haven't seen before and much cheaper for the player.
    Good, glad you mathematically found the cost savings solution of THAT GAME. However every game will take a another approach.  Some don't have alternatives.

They don't want you to find the alternative in among their "red tape". 

Your last statement devs in the future....
    They don't want to offer a cost savings, but are compelled to do it for public relations only.