Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Icarus Studios at E3 2006? =(

ordeithordeith Member Posts: 36
Been checking the Exhibitor lists at E3 expo 2006, and was suprised to see that Icarus Studios wasn't in the list... If they had something to show E3 would be the perfect time to show off their stuff, but I guess they don't have anything to show to the public yet

Comments

• KohrathKohrath Member Posts: 35

From the OGaming interview:

"Fallen Earth is already well into development. We hope to see more of Fallen Earth at this year’s E3 in May, perhaps at AEGIA's booth."

FallenEarth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information.

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165
    Icarus probably have no reason to go to E3?  If Ageia wants to use fallen earth to show off some of their physics then all the better, but them not having their own booth at E3 is not a big deal to me.

It'll get here eventually, that's all that matters

Why would them not being at E3 mean anything more then just that, they aren't at E3?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by ordeith
    Been checking the Exhibitor lists at E3 expo 2006, and was suprised to see that Icarus Studios wasn't in the list... If they had something to show E3 would be the perfect time to show off their stuff, but I guess they don't have anything to show to the public yet image

Maybe they couldn't afford a booth... ::::02::

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Fadeus
    Maybe they couldn't afford a booth...

Lmao - but seriously, why bother wasting finances for a company booth if they are almost definitely going to be featured as part of the new PhysX developments?And I wasn't aware that E3 was public...I believed you had to work in the media or the industry to get access image

• DerakDerak Member Posts: 10
    from what i understand of it its public but if you arent from the media you spend alloooot of time sitting in lines might be wrong though never been. E3 would of been great for publicity but it doesnt sound like they care much about hype and whatnot yet

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132
    Well, this is no surprise with their "No Hype" policy they have had since 2001, with next to no information being released. They only just trickle out the details now then then to keep us informed that they are indeed still alive, but aside from that everything is on the quiet.
  • BlackmoorBlackmoor Member Posts: 96
    Considering the cost of a booth at E3 I don't find it all that surprising. I think Vanguard spent 500k just on the booth this year and thats not counting travel and lodging costs or booth babes or time lost on the project. I  just don't see how an E3 booth would be a worthwhile investment. Call me evil but I would rather have them working on the game then spending money to hype a game that isn't finished yet. I have much more faith in word of mouth letting me know a game is good compared to reading a ton of hype from E3.

Originally posted by Blackmoor
    Considering the cost of a booth at E3 I don't find it all that surprising. I think Vanguard spent 500k just on the booth this year and thats not counting travel and lodging costs or booth babes or time lost on the project. I  just don't see how an E3 booth would be a worthwhile investment. Call me evil but I would rather have them working on the game then spending money to hype a game that isn't finished yet. I have much more faith in word of mouth letting me know a game is good compared to reading a ton of hype from E3.

Jesus H... That's a lot of moola. If that's how much it costs then no suprise and fair play to them for not bothering.

I also have a lot of faith in the power of word of mouth for fallen earth, all you have to do is tell someone to check out fallenearth.com and they too are infected with THE ANTICIPATION
  • sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175
    I agree that they will more than likely have a small presentation at Ageia's PhysX booth.  Nothing major, but hopefully a small gameplay video to show us what they've been working on.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• ordeithordeith Member Posts: 36
    36hours to E3... Hope they'll be there.
  • swensswens Member Posts: 1

Does not mmorpg.com have a interview with them

"Eight of us will be in Los Angeles next week. We’ll hit the ground running on Monday with blog entries and meeting reports from Acclaim, Darkfall Online and more. Tuesday, you’ll hear about the Legend of Ares, Fallen Earth and the blog entries promise an interesting twist as the parties get under way."

Hope we get some good info!

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Let me be the first to say....WOOT!!!

More info! And if they're at E3, that means...new video!

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

from todays mmorpg.com E3 Blog

"The night was reserved for adventure and brew. Let me just say that
    there is nothing more amusing than watching people fall off a
    mechanical bull.

Next up: The Legend of Ares, Fallen Earth and the E3 parties get
    under way... not to mention the arrival of the dark mistress of mimes,
    Laura."