Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what was your favorite battleground

Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
Ive never been a fan of open world pvp but i love battlegrounds.In WOW Alterac Valley was pretty awesome in the early days with battles lasting all day and more sometimes id stand overlooking the bridge with my frost mage raining down blizzard ,in SWTOR Hutt ball was my favorite dragging team mates over the line with my consular ,but for me the best of the lot and sorry i cant remember the name was the one in EQ2 with the tower in the middle and 4 outposts around it the tower was worth the most points and the battles up their were epic .so what battlegrounds were your favorite ?
Amathe

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Gates of Ekrund in WAR. Compact, with close together points that facilitate group fights and discourage running around to backcap like a little sissy. It's a man's map (Disclaimer: Gates of Ekrund is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness) for manly men, and orks. No elves. 
    Tindale111
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    q2dm1 - The Edge :)
    Palebane

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    immodium said:
    q2dm1 - The Edge                                                                                                                   ? what is the game sorry i have no idea 

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    immodium said:
    q2dm1 - The Edge                                                                                                                   ? what is the game sorry i have no idea 

Quake 2.

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    I have always been a fan of the node-based battlegrounds ala Arathi Basin. However, my favorite was the three-node BG introduced in Cataclysm, called Battle for Gilneas.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I remember Warhammer Online had some fun stuff, but it's too long ago.

I did most battleground PvP in WoW and AV was cool, but apart from that AB is probably more my thing.

The later battlegrounds they added were pretty shit imo.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2019
    Thidranki in DAOC where stealth was less of a factor than anywhere else in the game.

Well, at least before they changed things to permit players to freeze their experience / level which lead to rampant twinking.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    My favorite Battleground was raiding Stormwind for no reason whatsoever in Vanilla WOW.
    Best PvP ever.
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Alliegance without question the best  mix of  real time strategy and player piloted space combat gameplay
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Pelatus C-12

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    DAoC, Caledonia pre-New Frontiers. DAoC battlegrounds were perpetual. I never liked BGs that were timed.

Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    WoW - Alterac Valley

SWTOR - Hutt Ball

GW2   -  Southsun Survival
    Phaserlight

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    WoW - Alterac Valley

SWTOR - Hutt Ball

Hmm, I usually agree with you, but Hutt Ball?  Eww, I hold that up regularly as the worst idea for a BG ever.

Stars must be out of alignment today or something. 

;)

TGIF

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    WoW - Alterac Valley

SWTOR - Hutt Ball

Hmm, I usually agree with you, but Hutt Ball?  Eww, I hold that up regularly as the worst idea for a BG ever.

Stars must be out of alignment today or something. 

;)

TGIF
    It's a love or hate thing that grew on me over time. :) 
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    I'm not a fan of PvP in any games but if there's one thing Warhammer Online got right it has to be its instanced battle grounds. AB in WoW was a lot of fun during vanilla era but those WAR BGs were amazing. Too bad the rest of the game was such a disappointment.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Mine was the Badlands in Philly , particuclarly the area E of Joe Fraziers Old Gym ..

PVP at its finest , not recommended for care bears for sure ..lmao
    Phaserlight
    Scorchien said:
    Mine was the Badlands in Philly , particuclarly the area E of Joe Fraziers Old Gym ..

PVP at its finest , not recommended for care bears for sure ..lmao
    Ouch, permadeath sux.
    Scorchien[Deleted User]

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited July 2019
    Oakland Coliseum. Also, Temple of Anubis, especially with my Sunyatta skin.
    [Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Old AV in WoW. Haven't seen instanced pvp like it since it was killed in vanilla Wow. 
    [Deleted User]

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited July 2019
    Hossin from PS 1

Loved sneaking around under tree roots and through the marshy areas. Also loved trying to strafe through those trees with a mosquito.
    Post edited by Limnic on
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Maybe I dont remember Alterac Valley how it was originally, but imo it became absolute crap, more about rushing some lame PVE than actual PVP most of the time.  In general all the big zerg WOW BG's mostly sucked.  AB was very good, close 2nd is warsong gulch.  Another more recent one I didnt play alot of combined node capture with the carts, cant remember what it was called...
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Alterac Valley for sure, and I dont know if this counts as a battleground or not but Wintergrasp was fricking awesome, so was the zone in the strongholds expansion (names slipping me) until they screwed it up.  Hunting races for bones was a lot of fun side game
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Dvora said:
    Maybe I dont remember Alterac Valley how it was originally, but imo it became absolute crap, more about rushing some lame PVE than actual PVP most of the time.  In general all the big zerg WOW BG's mostly sucked.  AB was very good, close 2nd is warsong gulch.  Another more recent one I didnt play alot of combined node capture with the carts, cant remember what it was called...
    when people talk AV, they are talking original, we are talking 2-3 hour epic battles, summoning of bosses and side bosses, not this rush to end garbage it became, collecting armor scraps for hours was a job
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I got to the point if i heard lets get ready for huttball one more time i was going to stab something. never played that game again after that day.
    MyrdynnTindale111
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Warhammer Online : Khaine's Embrace and Gates of Ekrund

World of Warcraft : Alterac Valley, Eye of the Storm and Wintergrasp

Guild Wars 1 : Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry

Guild Wars 2 : Djinn's Dominion and Eternal Coliseum

Elder Scrolls Online : Arcane University and Ularra