Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Closed Beta 2 Dates and Details Announced - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAstellia Closed Beta 2 Dates and Details Announced - MMORPG.com

Korean MMO, Astellia, will receive its second Closed Beta Test for its North American release, in a blog post announced on Thursday. Dates and details inside.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Have fun
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Hype. Can hardly wait to kidnap underage anime lollis to fight for me!
    alkarionlogNorseGoddoomexRoin
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I haven't read any good reader input on this one but maybe the next beta will change things. I'm hopeful anyway!
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Samhael said:

I haven't read any good reader input on this one but maybe the next beta will change things. I'm hopeful anyway!

I doubt, the game is generic like the others 9126473 games launched before, not even the pet system used is new, aura kingdom and aika are the very examples of this, there are others but these are the most easy to find I belive
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ShammFrammShammFramm Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    LOL dat disclosure tho!
    [Deleted User]NorseGod
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    just end this ones misery now please. no need for a launch.
    [Deleted User]
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I saw some of the first beta play. Is that annoying little girl part of your main story because I couldn't stand her. Do you have to rescue her?
    [Deleted User]Roin
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    ugh played 1 closed beta , and couldnt play for more than 1h before quiting , and i played nearly everything but this games has poor gameplay and horrible fps at times
    doomex
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    lol so i log in today and what do I see? An Astellia banner with a young anime looking girl..... It's like they try the same selling point to every one of these games.
    NorseGoddoomex
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Why does they still have to make it Buy2Play launch after seeing whatever happened to Bless Online, and Warlords Awakening?

Of course, so that they can get your money FIRST then run away when things goes to sh!t!
    Harikendoomex
  • blazingcutblazingcut Member UncommonPosts: 65
    It will be next big one. Gonna refresh this page constantly for key. Hype !!
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

yonpachi said:

Why does they still have to make it Buy2Play launch after seeing whatever happened to Bless Online, and Warlords Awakening?

Of course, so that they can get your money FIRST then run away when things goes to sh!t!

If it goes F2P it will be P2W. Then ppl will bitch about that so i'll take B2P thanks.
    Cynehild
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    lol so i log in today and what do I see? An Astellia banner with a young anime looking girl..... It's like they try the same selling point to every one of these games.
    I feel like the FBI is going to raid my house because of the banners. Lolis?

[Deleted User]
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I'm gonna sit out this one.  Pass.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Hoping to get a key to have my wife join me for this beta. I did enjoy the first, regardless of its generic nature. In fact, it was probably that familiarity which allowed me to sit back and casually hop in and out for the duration of the beta. Like everyone has said, it does nothing new, even the pet system is just a generic mercenary gimmick which has been done a thousand times before. But honestly with all these developers jumping on every new bandwagon (*cough* battle royale *cough*), its kinda fun to just go back to the good old tab targetting hotbar system. Add in the mercs (pets/astells) and its an easy game to play solo/duo with a loved one. I wont lie, I have no plans to put any money into it, but I am happy to enjoy the beta phase and maybe make it a better game for those who come after me.
    GroqstrongMikehaCynehildRoin
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

Deyirn said:

I played this trash for 10 minutes then uninstalled, whoever buys this is an idiot. It's gonna be Bless Online all over again - B2P + Pledges for $200 or more, then launch comes, people realize the game is trash and also unoptimized (I can run it maxed out and it still stutters). Then people will start leaving and writing negative reviews. After a while the population will drop below 500 people and they will announce F2P, that still won't fix the situation, the game will run like this for a few more months then they will announce shut down and that will be it.

And the stupid people that fall for the same scams over and over will become even more stupid and fall for the next one as well.

LOL calm down. People are not falling for a scam. Everyone knows exactly what Astellia is some like it some don't. Gamers are looking to play something new and hope it succeeds for awhile. Shit dude flip the coin and your most successful MMORPG in the west is a 15 year old product. Whats up? Every MMORPG being developed in the West is delayed or development is taking way too long, only the east has been pushing out MMORPG's so what do you want the playerbase to do? Steer your anger towards Western developers because they dropped the ball, diving headfirst into the Mobile and BR scene.

Calling ppl stupid though, for wanting something new? Come on man.
    NorseGodMikehadoomexCynehild
    edited July 2019

Deyirn said:

I played this trash for 10 minutes then uninstalled, whoever buys this is an idiot. It's gonna be Bless Online all over again - B2P + Pledges for $200 or more, then launch comes, people realize the game is trash and also unoptimized (I can run it maxed out and it still stutters). Then people will start leaving and writing negative reviews. After a while the population will drop below 500 people and they will announce F2P, that still won't fix the situation, the game will run like this for a few more months then they will announce shut down and that will be it.

And the stupid people that fall for the same scams over and over will become even more stupid and fall for the next one as well.

LOL calm down. People are not falling for a scam. Everyone knows exactly what Astellia is some like it some don't. Gamers are looking to play something new and hope it succeeds for awhile. Shit dude flip the coin and your most successful MMORPG in the west is a 15 year old product. Whats up? Every MMORPG being developed in the West is delayed or development is taking way too long, only the east has been pushing out MMORPG's so what do you want the playerbase to do? Steer your anger towards Western developers because they dropped the ball, diving headfirst into the Mobile and BR scene.

Calling ppl stupid though, for wanting something new? Come on man.
    I agree with what both of you said here.

To add on to what @Deyirn was saying, do you think buying every game, because it's new or slightly different, sends the right message to studios when we reward them with our money?

I assume that we all agree that there needs to be some real change in the genre. The studios are not going to take the initiative to do this themselves.

So how can we as gamers force their hand if we're just going to buy anything they put out anyways? Why would studios bother with innovation, quality, and a reasonable pay model?

Taking these questions into consideration, even when I agree with what you said, do you think we as gamers are going to have to make some changes? Studios know what they need to turn a profit. They have all the data in the world. We are predictable. We are pie charts in board rooms. We'll blindly buy anything new. It's time to display some willpower and restraint.

TacticalZombeh
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    At least graphics is good and gameplay looks smooth. I'll buy but shiz I really hope they listen to feedback from CBT-1 because even here in Asia we didn't have a positive reaction the game.
    Cynehild said:
    At least graphics is good and gameplay looks smooth. I'll buy but shiz I really hope they listen to feedback from CBT-1 because even here in Asia we didn't have a positive reaction the game.
    Why would they bother making changes if they know you're going to give them money anyways?
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It is generic eastern crap anyway, lolli graphics give it away as well as ads. Instead of trying a new MMORPG out that is same generic crap from before, try a whole new genre.

Then wait for something truly innovative and spectacular to come along. Then try the MMOrpg.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    edited July 2019
    I'm sure this one will succeed. /eyeroll

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• mczap62mczap62 Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    so do we have to buy it to play in CBT2?
  • mczap62mczap62 Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    edited July 2019
    sorry
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Aside from the critics of the game, anyone know the reason for them to ask for your birthdate? Is this a "R" rate mmo?
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    No matter what, the “word” is I’m pumped up. The mmorog market has been nothing but Battle Royale games. Even the ultimate mmorpg Ashes of Creation stewed is backers and started a freaking BR game. It’s great to see an actual new theme park true mmorpg