Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More on animation

I guess many are blinded by the beautiful textures, soft colors and shadows to see the animation of character's and noncharacters moving around the screen like chess pieces where the legs don’t move but slides around the base floor of whatever environment. 

I guess you don't see the disappearing arms and legs whenever theirs a camera swing…. Where did the weapon go ?…. Oh, there it is, it reappeared ! 

I guess you ignore when other team members disappear altogether then re-appear.  

Characters, NPC's and mobs are PhotoShopped into the environment.... and it shows!.... It's as apparent as the sky is blue.

Two years ago, I used footage from a podcast and pointed out several flaws of many with the extreme animation glitches and it was ignored.  Brushed off and forgotten…..not a single reply !...... Well, here we are 2019 and no better !..... Not a single improvement to animation. 

Worst of all !!!!

This graphical choice is directly related to the major problems associated with EverQuest 2 back in 2004. 

-Remember as your group is being slaughtered, your stuck between a chair and a table ?

-Remember spinning your camera angle and your looking into an entirely different room ?

-Remember the stone statue effect where the boss would take a beating and do nothing.   You swing, it swings, you swing it swings, until something is dead ? 

-Remember where the game wouldn't play on ANY COMPUTER ?

ALL THIS TELLS ME THE CODING IS 2004....Is this 2019 or 2004 ?  

Come on @Amathe.....do you not see this ?.....With zero improvement as of yet, do you expect it to get better ?

GdemamibcbullyUnicron-kertin

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2019
    Image result for wheels on the bus images

Give it a Rest Brudha

KyleranSirAgravainecheyaneWaankitaradXarkoGolelornkertin
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I want this game.  I think I'm in the top five here.  Unfortunately I'm in love with the Vision and wanting a modern first generation game...... Something I missed out on so many years ago, I have a second chance at. 

Seems this may be a wait and see game.  However IF ITS PLAYABLE, I'll be their if it's at all tolerable...... That's how bad I want this game ! 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I want this game.  I think I'm in the top five here.  Unfortunately I'm in love with the Vision and wanting a modern first generation game...... Something I missed out on so many years ago, I have a second chance at. 

Seems this may be a wait and see game.  However IF ITS PLAYABLE, I'll be their if it's at all tolerable...... That's how bad I want this game ! 
    If you want so badly , pony up a proper support $ get in the testing and give VR your opinions and feedback , would serve your purpose better
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115

Worst of all !!!!

This graphical choice is directly related to the major problems associated with EverQuest 2 back in 2004. 

-Remember as your group is being slaughtered, your stuck between a chair and a table ?

-Remember spinning your camera angle and your looking into an entirely different room ?

-Remember the stone statue effect where the boss would take a beating and do nothing.   You swing, it swings, you swing it swings, until something is dead ? 

I remember that. And?
    Why do you assume Pantheon is going to be the same?
    Based on what evidence?

Scorchien said:

If you want so badly , pony up a proper support $ get in the testing and give VR your opinions and feedback , would serve your purpose better
    This indeed.
    Like someone said once: "A little less conversation, a little more action"
    edited July 2019
    Scorchien said:

They have their style of development in place, None of us will change that !
    That is questionable in my eyes.... only choice is a wait-and-see.

I had my finger on the button several times, Instead I chose to back SoL.... Much lest risky with their coding !
    I know this first hand :)
    Scorchien said:

only choice is a wait-and-see.

...and talk...a lot.
    Scorchien
    TEKK3N said:
    Scorchien said:

...and talk...a lot.
    A lot of people ask me for facts..... Well read the post and LOOK at past videos for what I post. This is facts if you LOOK for the points I'm making. If you still want facts beyond LOOKING and seeing without touching... Then I can't help. 

It's like saying the sun that we can all see is not real.

A lot of talk my ass, this game is a coding mess.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Didn't you just make a thread about how they're spending too much time and money on graphics?

The animation are ok. They don't have money to make them better.
    Kyleran

• Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288

I guess many are blinded by the beautiful textures, soft colors and shadows to see the animation of character's and noncharacters moving around the screen like chess pieces where the legs don’t move but slides around the base floor of whatever environment. 

I guess you don't see the disappearing arms and legs whenever theirs a camera swing…. Where did the weapon go ?…. Oh, there it is, it reappeared ! 

I guess you ignore when other team members disappear altogether then re-appear.  

Characters, NPC's and mobs are PhotoShopped into the environment.... and it shows!.... It's as apparent as the sky is blue.

Two years ago, I used footage from a podcast and pointed out several flaws of many with the extreme animation glitches and it was ignored.  Brushed off and forgotten…..not a single reply !...... Well, here we are 2019 and no better !..... Not a single improvement to animation. 

Worst of all !!!!

Come on @Amathe.....do you not see this ?.....With zero improvement as of yet, do you expect it to get better ?

How is this game related at all to EQ2.  How about some facts on that? 
    EQ2 used different software and had different people working on it. 
     If you must complain at least go find a game that either uses the same software as Pantheon or had(s) at least one developer in common as an example. 
    Anyway most of the problems you listed have nothing to do with animation.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    This game will NEVER make it to release!
    [Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Indy project and animation costs. Why don't you offer your services for free to help them along. I'm sure they would very much appreciate it.

As far as the animations themselves, it is what it is. I'm not going to a good game because they can only do so much. In the end, you have to either realize what you are getting into or not.

Besides, I play Lord of the Rings Online and that game has some of the crappiest animations out there. If I can play that, I can play this.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    ALL of the games,EQ1/2 and Vanguard had the exact same glitch's bugs and looked to be coded using the exact same methods.
    That is three times in a row,however i feel this game will be different but only in a small way.I mean would we not agree that Vanguard came close to being even worse than EQ1/2 for bugs or at least very close to the same,so nothing was learned there nor improved,so why would we expect different?
    IDK why i would but expect a bit smoother game this time around,quite likely we see another Early access release,seems to be the norm for an excuse to release a buggy game.
    There is a simple rule to follow,if your game is EARLY,as in known bugs,not worthy of a released product,then guess what,don't charge us until it is finished and polished.

Personally it goes beyond the bugs,i saw very little change in the design philosophies from all of the 3 games,sure there was a change from EQ1>2 but a very subtle one and again to VG.

So i just get the feeling this is going to be a disappointing game,it might be an OK game,like some might consider it good enough but i am not expecting AAA at all.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    There is only one real question here:

Why, when every game in development adds improved animations over time, do people still complain about animations 2 or so years out from release?

You stay sassy!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited July 2019
    Tamanous said:
    There is only one real question here:

Why, when every game in development adds improved animations over time, do people still complain about animations 2 or so years out from release?
    Probably because most of these indie MMOs are always two or so years (18 Months!) from release.

The few which have released (SotA, Albion Online) really didn't get much better. 

So there really is only one question here....when will these games finally release?

The world may never know. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Wish the front page showed who posted the original thread. So I don't waste clicks.
    moshra
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Most of the stuff in this game so far is from the unity store. They haven't spent much time at all on graphics/animations. They aren't even at the point where they would be doing that anyways. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2019
    To add gameplay looks boring!  :D :D 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    It's my #1 Game. However I have to AGREE.

I'm all for dungeon crawling,
    Move and talk about it. Move again and talk about it. It's my dream style of play. 
    But its ALL THEY HAVE to show for five years of development.

Lighting and textures!
    It's their only focus, so they can only crawl around with the little they have, 20 or so videos of it. 

How about some fun !!!
    It's not how they are implementing their videos or presentation.... They don't have anything. Their hung up on details... Stuck !
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    When I read your stuff anymore I’m reminded of one of the most annoying thing kids on the Net do today. 
    ReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    cheyane
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

The only area where I see zero improvement is any reduction in your spam.
    RexKushmanmmolou

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    bcbully said:
    That is my biggest concern...If it looks boring to people thatgrew up in EQ1, how much more to a player that is used to 2019 gaming?....I'm just not sure there is much of a market for this kind of gameplay.
    Mendel
  • Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    bcbully said:
    That is my biggest concern...If it looks boring to people thatgrew up in EQ1, how much more to a player that is used to 2019 gaming?....I'm just not sure there is much of a market for this kind of gameplay.
     I get that it "looks" boring to apparently lots of people but does that actually translate into how the game is when you are actually playing it. 
     Heck football, basketball and especially tennis and golf look boring to me when watching it. I guess they get paid the big bucks so they can suffer through such boring stuff.
    [Deleted User]
    edited July 2019
    TEKK3N said:
    Scorchien said:

...and talk...a lot.
    A lot of people ask me for facts..... Well read the post and LOOK at past videos for what I post. This is facts if you LOOK for the points I'm making. If you still want facts beyond LOOKING and seeing without touching... Then I can't help. 

Look what?

You just compared Pantheon with EQ2, as if they share the same flaws.
    By looking at the Videos there is no way to tell Pantheon will have the same problems of EQ2, I don’t know what kind of glasses you are using.

And what exactly make you think that Pantheon is a coding mess?
    You saw that from the videos? How?

The only thing you can see are mediocre animations which VR said already will be improved over time.
    Other than that, you are just pulling stuff out of your ass.
    edited July 2019
    @Arterius

I don’t think Delete is even aware of that, since he thinks Pantheon graphics are state of the art.
    Everyone knows that Unity is not known for its graphics performance.

Anyway, the reason why Pantheon is taking so long is the fact that unlike other MMOs projects, VR took the time to actually code Unity and make it their own engine.
    They are not using the stock engine like SotA for example.

SotA is a mess partly because they used Unity as is, so they had to compromise a lot to make the game.

Unity is not MMO friendly, but VR took time to make it work in a MMO environment.
    That’s also the reason why it’s taking so long.

If the gamble paid of, it has to be seen when the game actually launch.
    You can’t see that from some Videos.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    edited July 2019
    TEKK3N said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Scorchien said:

...and talk...a lot.

Look what?

You just compared Pantheon with EQ2, as if they share the same flaws.
    By looking at the Videos there is no way to tell Pantheon will have the same problems of EQ2, I don’t know what kind of glasses you are using.

And what exactly make you think that Pantheon is a coding mess?
    You saw that from the videos? How?

The only thing you can see are mediocre animations which VR said already will be improved over time.
    Other than that, you are just pulling stuff out of your ass.
    I was about to post several recent Pantheon videos and point out the floating players and mobs along with disappearing arms and legs as you swing the camera.  This along with so many other glitches.  You asked for evidence... well watch every video made to date and LOOK. Are you asking for some kind of written prof from a computer scientist or something ? ... Not gonna happen.

But I'll not and use the time to go back to bed for an hour.

Why will I not waist my time ?... Because your taking the post way out of context.... I'm talking completely about Pantheon THEN I'm comparing to EQ2.

-Players are photo shopped into the environment. And it shows, Very apparent. 
    -Mobs are too. Watch everything slide across the ground.  
    -Swinging the camera angle is HELL on the graphic surroundings.

Maybe the next video made I'll point out the same flaws that never seem to be fixed from updates because the seem to be here to say....coding mess.
    Gdemami