Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greedfall Video Discusses Building A Unique Fantasy World

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageGreedfall Video Discusses Building A Unique Fantasy World

In speaking with IGN, Spiders, the developers of upcoming RPG Greedfall, spoke about their vision for creating a unique fantasy world.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    I really don’t like the name of this game. It triggers me the same way World of Tanks does. Certainly unfounded and irrelevant criticism, but there it is. Is it like Darkfall, but with greed? Hehe
    onelesslight

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Palebane said:
    I really don’t like the name of this game. It triggers me the same way World of Tanks does. Certainly unfounded and irrelevant criticism, but there it is. Is it like Darkfall, but with greed? Hehe
    It's an appropriate name given the game's theme of historical colonialism, albeit in a fantasy setting.
    ValentinaAzaron_Nightblade
  • onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Name makes me think of Greed Monger, which is not a good thing. Might this negative connotation extend also to searches ("hmm...what's that new game coming out I'm interested in...Greed something...oh, Greed Monger? No that looks terrible..."
    Phaserlightbartoni33kenguru23Azaron_Nightblade
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Yep. No matter what news or how good this game may be, the name kills it for me.

Greedfall is the nick name the internet gives your greedy micro filled garbage game if it were called "Landfall".
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited July 2019
    This isn't MMO though, it's Fable/Witcher 3 like singleplayer game without multiplayer. Also will be PS4 exclusive for sometime.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'm not worried about exclusives. I'll wait for the PC GOTY. If it's fun I'll check it out at some point. I'm interested in any game like Witcher 3.

I thought it kind of looked like a European Dark Souls maybe? Or Assassins Creed mixed with Dark Souls?

The first big monster didn't seem too smart though.

Gut out!
    Azaron_Nightblade

What, me worry?

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

jarsku85 said:

This isn't MMO though, it's Fable/Witcher 3 like singleplayer game without multiplayer. Also will be PS4 exclusive for sometime.

how it will be a ps4 exclusive if all version will launch on day 10 of setember?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    Looks good, keep in mind this was made by a 20 people studio.
    Ilaya
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Palebane said:

I agree from a marketing standpoint the game title is a bad one.
    However i assume they are trying to portray an image of what the premise of playing the game is
    all about.
    "20 people"Why would that matter to me ,i am looking for real good quality games to play,i am not looking to support the thousands of wannabe developers out looking for easy money.

Some large studios make really bad games,some small studios make really bad games,if this game is good then great,maybe it is maybe it isn't.

I do know this,they seem to be trying to create some FALSE hype,like pretending their world will be unique,they all claim this.It will be mountains/rocks/trees/water the same as every other game.

It is the SYSTEMS that make up how the game is played and interacted with.Then on top of that the tools and how broad of a scope does the game attack,all of the RPG elements or just a couple,we will soon find out.

It appears to be a single player game"not really interested" and it appears to be your very typical puzzle/quest game..zzzzz.Announced in 2017,so 2 years worth of work,just imagine how fast the lesser games are being whipped out,6 months or so,we are not getting much effort from this industry anymore.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It gives me Dragon Age Inquisition vibes, graphics wise.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Can't believe people care so much about the name. Whatever. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Viper482 said:
    Can't believe people care so much about the name. Whatever. 
    At best, the title strikes me as tone-deaf considering recent events.  Not passing judgement, but "Greed Monger" is definitely a term.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance