Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Life is Feudal MMO Goes F2P - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageLife is Feudal MMO Goes F2P - MMORPG.com

In a blog post today, Life is Feudal MMO has announced it will go free to play (F2P), along with a host of patch notes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Well , was one that always caught my interest , but always a bit to much negative feedback to throw money at ...

Perfect time to check it out
    vonryan123Albatroesgunklackerlotrloregastovski1frA6mevelimiriusAgent_Joseph
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Scorchien said:

Well , was one that always caught my interest , but always a bit to much negative feedback to throw money at ...

It was kinda cool when I tried it out, but I was lost as hell in the beginning as I don't think there was much of a tutorial (at least when I tried). Yeah as long as there is no drastic F2P restrictions I'll probably check it out. I do remember the monthly fee was more than other MMORPG's when I tried it, maybe 19.99 a month or something.
    ScorchienPhaserlight
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    F2P gets 3 days of Premium membership. Considering the grind, Premium is essentially required to progress. So, by prepared to sub if you enjoy it.
    Scot
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    GrandpaDJ said:
    F2P gets 3 days of Premium membership. Considering the grind, Premium is essentially required to progress. So, by prepared to sub if you enjoy it.
    I am ok with that, I always wanted to try it
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Scorchien said:

It was kinda cool when I tried it out, but I was lost as hell in the beginning as I don't think there was much of a tutorial (at least when I tried). Yeah as long as there is no drastic F2P restrictions I'll probably check it out. I do remember the monthly fee was more than other MMORPG's when I tried it, maybe 19.99 a month or something.
    I read there is a newbie Island now, I hope that has a tutorial, if not at least its free for us to figure it out
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I honestly forgot aobut this one, I thought it was still in EA. Perfect time to try it
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

kryntok said:

I honestly forgot aobut this one, I thought it was still in EA. Perfect time to try it

Did it ever actually release?
    Azaron_NightbladeScotPhry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I think I got a free character or something from owning LIF original.  I can't remember how that worked and I got distracted by other games.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I use to watch this kid ( he was probably 24 or 25 only a kid to a old man like me) on Twitch who lived in Mexico & would play this. He was fascinating, he looked just liked Harry Potter, He was American and lived in Mexico city with this little dirty ratty looking poodle who was super cute despite being a mess. His apartment looked exactly the way you would expect a apartment in Mexico City to look but it was super clean but just looked very Mexican City like, lets leave it at that.

He had this interesting girl who I'm assuming was his girlfriend would come over and watch him play this game, It was a bizarre and interesting stream. Not so much for the gameplay of Life is Fuedel which was quite boring TBH but more so for this interesting young man and exactly what his story was and how he ended up in Mexico City becoming a full time Twitch streamer. most nights he would literally dig a ditch for 3 to 4 hours, I'm not shitting you, dig a fucking ditch for 3 to 4 hours in this game. He always had this very loyal following of I'd say about 50 to 60 followers and subs which he use to, (i shit you not) write their names on the wall behind him when they subbed.

Why did i take the time to share this story with everyone, i have no idea. This game sucks but he was/is quite fascinating
    Cryomatrixklash2defbwwianakievfrA6mekenguru23Khorrax[Deleted User]Phrykitarad
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited July 2019

Stizzled said:

Huh, I thought it already was F2P.

The starter island was free to try the mechanics but to get off of it and get into the main world you had to buy a ticket. I heard theres a massive grind to level skills and that the game is very solo unfriendly so I never really tried it beyond a small amount of time on the starter island.
    [Deleted User]
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Best environmental manipulation of any game out there. Too bad the devs are people who wont take feedback.

Even with tiny concessions could have been a game changer.
    Ozmodan
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Expected but not interesting due to the mediocre characters and animations. I mean, small indie studios are capable to produce much, much higher quality - just look at Inquisitor: Martyr and Killsquad ARPGs.

Thank you for your time!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I had a really good time with this.  Grind is definite and you most certainly wanna join a good guild.  Sadly I didn't have a good guild.  The drama rivaled a soap opera.
    [Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Let me guess, another FFA PVP game bite the dust.
    Warlyxvelimirius[Deleted User]kitarad
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    May have to try again. In beta I was in a dark town. Finally managed to get out and then swam across a big channel. Find a steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep hilled island/continent/unknown. Climb up to the top and find two men working on an area to build a home I assume. We wave at each other, no common language between us. I forage around and we ignore each other for a long while. Then suddenly I get hit in the head with a shovel or something. I run away and make it to the water and swim off. The two men jump up and down victorious. I had made a bow though so snuck back and shot arrows at them. Fun times.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    If you loved Wurm and just wished it had better graphics you'll love LiF. For myself its just too grindy and cluncky. Anything you do has a loading bar. The terraforming and building aspect is the game is its best part. There is absolutely no pve aspect besides farming, mining or building stuff. The pvp & sieging rules are so retarded nobody even plays on the pvp servers anymore. So do they change the rules? Nope. Like people said, if you are serious about playing youll have to sub anyways.
  • gamergoddess40gamergoddess40 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    still cant find the kids
    Kyleran
    goddess75
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    TEKK3N said:
    Let me guess, another FFA PVP game bite the dust.
    No thanks then