Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Receives Buggy Patch, Players Desperate For Test Server - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageFallout 76 Receives Buggy Patch, Players Desperate For Test Server - MMORPG.com

Fallout 76 received a patch on Tuesday meant to improve various in-game features, namely power armor related. However, it looks like it broke more than it fixed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    edited July 2019
    This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]TokkenFolmenalkarionloggastovski1kenguru23EponyxDamorSabracTacticalZombehand 4 others.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    If they're not listening to feedback now (and all signs point to this) then I doubt a test server is going to change things. It would just result in people knowing just how buggy a patch is going to be before it goes live.
    KyleranNeptusinfomatz
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited July 2019
    Bethesda games are ugly and buggy. It takes tons of mods to make Skyrim a playable game for me.
    mrputtsHiromant
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Its time to flush this baked turd, yes ?

LeFantomekenguru23infomatzvelimiriusRoin
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited July 2019
    What a ride this games news cycle has been since launch, so many things have happened in this games lifetime that if it didn't have the fallout name on it I would think it was some indie companies first game and they just couldn't handle it.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Is the inning over yet for this game? Aren't they on, like, strike 15 by now?

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    Players already have a test server: they are on it.
    KyleranAeanderkitaradLeFantomegastovski1EponyxDamorinfomatzvelimiriusPhaserlightRoin
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I think it has more to do with the nature of this genre. We really don't think about the simplicity of Ark or Conan Exiles, but Fallout 76 has alot more to it than those games with a comparable play style.
    alkarionlogMagplar
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

Tuor7 said:

Players already have a test server: they are on it.

Ok I chuckled at this
    RellzPhaserlight
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited July 2019
    Pretty much what one would one expect from a company that has relied on unpaid modders to fix their broken, poorly designed products for over a decade.
    BrotherMaynardkenguru23TacticalZombehinfomatz
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    These people never learn or improve.
    LeFantome

We are talking about persistent online games with player made structures. It needs the net coding of an mmo with the added aspect of creation. Fallout 76 has the added complexity of content.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    And here I thought this entire game was one big buggy patch for FO4
    Cleffy said:
    We are talking about persistent online games with player made structures. It needs the net coding of an mmo with the added aspect of creation. Fallout 76 has the added complexity of content.
    Fallout 76 has content?
    infomatz
    More than Ark and Conan Exiles. There are actually story lines to follow like the Free States, and the Mistress of Mystery.
    Paraknoxia
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Anthem: watch this dumpster fire!
    Fallout 76: hold my beer...
    LeFantomeinfomatzSpiidervelimirius
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Bugtesda have one of the worst developers. All they can create are bugs and ugly looking characters on their games. I ain't even surprised, only moders improve their games.
    AeanderBrotherMaynardkenguru23
    ohioastro said:
    Anthem: watch this dumpster fire!
    Fallout 76: hold my beer...
    They're kind of taking turns.

(But at least Anthem has great combat. Shame it couldn't be in a better game. Anthem is the Blade and Soul of looter shooters.)
    kenguru23infomatzvelimirius
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484
    edited July 2019
    Fallout 76 hate train has arrived! CHOOO CHOOO ALL ABOARD!
    velimirius
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited July 2019
    I actually did like some aspects of Fallout 76.

It was a trainwreck when I bought it as a Christmas present for myself, but the buggy chaos somehow kept me playing for a while. I’ll come back when they add NPCs and iron out some of these bigger issues.
    LeFantome
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and that is the people who wanted to do a fallout MMO
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I can't fathom how this piece of professional garbage has players at all. Its the worst possible implementation of a survival game yet.

Who is even playing this? There's so many better options for survival. Fallout 76 is proof that a game can't rest on its laurels and hope it's brand power sells copies. Absolutely embarrassing for Bethesda.
    kenguru23doomex
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    How could they remove the Atoms from early challenges and replacing it with junk armors/medicines to make it relevant to the new players?

WTF are they thinking their greed knows no bound
    TacticalZombehinfomatzLeFantome
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    You know times have changed when players have to beg for a test server like it's a feature/privilege. Holy f@#$. :D
    kenguru23p4ttythep3rf3ctinfomatzLeFantomeRoin
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Twat4LifeTwat4Life Member UncommonPosts: 5
    To this day i still regret buying FO76..
    At the launch i kinda enjoyed it, put over 100hours in 2-3weeks, played with friends and ect. Just in general had a great time... but then "fixing" started and look at the mess game is now.

I still got 2 characters that are permanently over encumbrance glitched from the explosives bug and with that patch where they put a cap at what point to literally stop moving, even dropping everything i got on characters im still almost 2k over a cap. Support didnt do anything to help either.

Ill be honest, i might as well pirate Elder Scrolls VI just to be safe before spending money on any bethesda game.

Back in the day you could at least get "demo" to get the feel of the game but now "demo" version is the game itself..

Btw if anyone still playing that mess, did they increase the storage cap from 600 or no? As im still interested if they did fulfill at least one old of promises to community