Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - 8.2 Three Weeks Later - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageWorld of Warcraft - 8.2 Three Weeks Later - MMORPG.com

Well, 8.2 has been out for almost a month now, and although it was shaky at first, there have been some improvements. Additionally, season 3 has started, the Mechagon dungeon is open, we’ve had our first week in Azshara’s Eternal palace, and Mythic & LFR difficulties open this week. With the patch in full swing, I thought it’d be a good idea to look at how everything is going at this point and some areas where things still fall a bit short. I’m saving talking about the lore aspects specific to the raid and the Mechagon dungeon for later, though the story in the zones themselves is fair game at this point.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    *Crickets*
    SBFordTuor7FolmenViper482Tezcatlapoccakenguru23

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I'm interested to see blizzards numbers this next quarter. I wonder if there will be any big announcements about future expansions to generate more interests for these patches to help pull people back in.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Avanah said:

*Crickets*

*robo-crickets*
    c0796

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    edited July 2019
    SBFordFolmenWhiteLanternViper482kitarad

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• missegan24missegan24 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    It's a hard pass for me. Been playing FFXIV expansion and loving every second. Switching to Classic WoW when it returns and never looking back.
    Viper482WhiskeydustMauroDiogoKrimzin
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    All the magic is gone.
    All the wonder is gone.
    All of its soul is gone.
    And all of me is gone too, never to return.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

WhiskeydustTacticalZombehmoroel
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Given how buggy Azshara still is.....this will be amusing to say the least in terms of seeing the mythic raise. Some people are thinking it'll be KJ levels of borked on mythic.

That said.....you're literally doing the same thing you've been doing this past year, just with a new coat of paint. With this level of 'design' the next expansion better be levels of greatness on a universal level. Patch hasn't even been out a month and people are already counting the days until they dont have to set foot in either zone for a while once they hit exalted.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I'm watching to see when WOW begins it's server mergers.
    Whiskeydust

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Tokken said:

What do you mean begins? They have already done "server merges", but not in the traditional sense. Many of the lower pop realms are part of connected realms. So, you can make characters on any of the connected realm servers and it all counts as being on the same realm.

I doubt they will ever truly merge any servers. They'll more likely expand connected realms.
    gervaise1Whiskeydust[Deleted User]
  • denvamntsdenvamnts Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    no mention of the benthic armor and being able to get 425 azerite, and 420 armor in 9 slots. Or the mechagon 410/420 trinkets and rings? or the anti-matter pack random spawn or make yourself to fly all over the zone with a double spacebar tap? the rep grind for flying did stink doing forced dailies for a week. your greatest complaint was gnomes?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Kaneth said:

Tokken said:

What do you mean begins? They have already done "server merges", but not in the traditional sense. Many of the lower pop realms are part of connected realms. So, you can make characters on any of the connected realm servers and it all counts as being on the same realm.

I doubt they will ever truly merge any servers. They'll more likely expand connected realms.
    A few months after MoP wasn't it?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Someone...or plural of that should be fired for this BFA debacle. How you go from Legion to BFA is baffling to me. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Purchased a 30 day just to see if anything changed. Found it to be the same old boring grind. Honestly I think leveling is more fun than playing a max lvl toon at this point. But hey, my Warrior has some nice armor to flaunt while hanging out in the pubs. Just had to get the fish stink off it. What a pain!

Will have to check out classic to see if that is more enjoyable.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm not sure how you can hate random dailies but be OK with their world quests. They are the exact same thing. With the WQs also there I think there is a lot more variety now then the original BfA design. There isn't any more of an obligation to do activities daily now than there was before.
    There is also a back door to the entrance of Azshara's Palace. One of the cave areas you wander into will teleport you to the entrance after you meet the fish from the Azshara Warbringer trailer.
    I like both zones, but I find that in Mechagon that time really flies, it's been keeping me up way to late. I have my spider tank and it's great :) If only they let you use it in both ground modes it would have been awesome. It they come out with an underwater themed piece of Mount Equipment it would likely be my favourite mount for my engineer.
    There have been a lot of problems with this patch, they likely brought it out too early to compete with FFXIV, but I appreciate the quick fixes. I think you missed a lot of the bigger issues. I'm to casual to comment myself.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    edited July 2019
    Acitvision Blizzard have gone all out with the mother approved story driven content and are deterring PvP as well as the concept of PvP servers, Classic PvP and especially BFA with War Mode, as much as they can. I find their changes boring.
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Every time I log in a MMO and see "Daily Quests: 5 Remaining," it feels like a little piece of me has died and that I am still at work actually. WoW does it, ESO does it, FFXIV does it...
  • c0796c0796 Member UncommonPosts: 39

Viper482 said:

Someone...or plural of that should be fired for this BFA debacle. How you go from Legion to BFA is baffling to me. 

That's what happens when your innovative employees have been pushed aside for Marketing and Sales. The main villains of Azeroth are ironically the people running it.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Let's go 9.0!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The exact same boring loop.

I think 14 years is plenty of time to cater to the raid people. Let's have an entire expansion devoted to every other person that's financed these raids over the years.

An entire expansion devoted to world building and encouraging actual mmo gameplay or meaningful pvp. Not a single instance or dungeon. Make the entire map of azeroth relevant again. Make it an mmo again.

I dont think classic is going to deliver. Its just the same tired nonsense but when it wasn't designed well. It will still devolve into a lobby based coop dungeon grinder. Everyone will hide in MC/BWL and the world will be empty and irrelevant like live wow after a few months.
    killerqueer
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Itzme123 said:
    The exact same boring loop.

I think 14 years is plenty of time to cater to the raid people. Let's have an entire expansion devoted to every other person that's financed these raids over the years.

An entire expansion devoted to world building and encouraging actual mmo gameplay or meaningful pvp. Not a single instance or dungeon. Make the entire map of azeroth relevant again. Make it an mmo again.

I dont think classic is going to deliver. Its just the same tired nonsense but when it wasn't designed well. It will still devolve into a lobby based coop dungeon grinder. Everyone will hide in MC/BWL and the world will be empty and irrelevant like live wow after a few months.
    I'm not sure how they are catering to the raid people. the raid people do the same content over and over for months. That may be the only area they are still doing OK with, but I'm pretty sure that isn't something they sat down in a meeting and decided on. They are actually allowing lots of non-raid ways to get decent gear as well, so definitely not a raid focus. It's just one of the more discussed topics as it requires large groups and there is a race to be first to complete the mythics. 
  • DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37

I'm not sure how they are catering to the raid people. the raid people do the same content over and over for months. That may be the only area they are still doing OK with, but I'm pretty sure that isn't something they sat down in a meeting and decided on. They are actually allowing lots of non-raid ways to get decent gear as well, so definitely not a raid focus. It's just one of the more discussed topics as it requires large groups and there is a race to be first to complete the mythics. 

By putting some major items behind a raid/dungeon wall they are catering to the raid crowd. If I want Pathfinder, I have to do dungeons/raids. If I want to level my crafting, I have to do dungeons/raids. If I wanted to fully level my weapon in Legion I had to do raids/dungeons. And yes, I have done most of what was needed for crafting/pathfinder, etc, but only because they are behind the raid/dungeon wall.

By forgetting that not everyone wants, or even likes to do raids and/or dungeons they have catered to the raid people.
  • ArleeArlee Member UncommonPosts: 154

I'm not sure how you can hate random dailies but be OK with their world quests. They are the exact same thing. With the WQs also there I think there is a lot more variety now then the original BfA design. There isn't any more of an obligation to do activities daily now than there was before.

The difference between dailies is you have to log on everyday to do them or you fall behind. With World Quests each one lasts for more than one day so I don't have to log in every day and still keep up while being able to do different things I enjoy. They are fundamentally different.