Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would it take for a content release to be considered an expansion?

GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
edited July 2019 in Elder Scrolls Online
Thoughts from another thread:

Using past "Expansion" experience from other games, what would Zeni have to provide for it to be considered a full-fledged expansion in your mind?

- Level cap increase from 50 to 60 or 70 would be epic, depending on the gameplay behind that, or would that even matter? How could they make that matter? 
- Expanding into some of the other dimensions more, like Oblivion did with the gates, they could add lots of new 'real estate' to explore. I'm not that familiar with the lore, so I'm not sure of how much map area is left to expand the story to.
- I'm not sure what else they can add class-wise, unless they did like an epic quest line for each class, to give them more meaning. I liked the Class Hall stuff from WoW for example. Also, moar classes, as long as they make sense and are fun to play.
- Crafting, could they add actual farming/livestock with a new 'house' that could be opened up through questing to give it more meaning and tie it into the lore/gameplay? Maybe they have this already and I haven't gotten to it yet, so... sorry.
- Introduce new gameplay mechanics that would add something to all zones and make them worth while to explore again and dig into the lore more. Lorebooks are cool, but what if they would be more fleshed out and allow us to 'live through' the story like an instanced Delve or something? Would it break too much immersion for me to go from a Nord Templar to an Argonian whatever in the story? If it was fun to experience would you care?

Some people say the current chapters are pretty thin, but others say they do offer lots of story and stuff, so some seem to be digging through the content more than others.

Maybe most are happy with the Chapters mixed with DLC's the way they are?

I'll keep trying to snag DLC's on sale with my monthly Crowns for as long as I can.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

Post edited by Gutlard on

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    One more skill slot, and I would be sold. It would open up a whole new world of possibilities, without spending any resources.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited July 2019
    So you would be one of the ones not digging through the content, not reading things, I take it?  :o :p B)

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Make combat fun.  Give me a real archer class, with a bow I can pull and hold and fire when I want to.  Make it a viable fun class to play like a true elder scrolls game.    Make mages highly mobile and highly destructive.

Damn it devs, just go play Oblivion or Skyrim, and you'll figure it out.
    gunklacker
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited July 2019
    Oh 4 2

I updated the title to hopefully get actual answers to my OP.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    What would it take? Zen deciding it could keep people paying the optional sub for less.