Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 World Boss Rush Event Begins Today

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageGuild Wars 2 World Boss Rush Event Begins Today

Guild Wars 2's special event begins today, giving fans another round of boss killing for bonus rewards. The Guild Wars 2 World Boss Rush event begins today, July 16, and runs through July 23.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UnbinoUnbino Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Its nice this time with all the events, but i pray for a new expansion, or at least a Living World seasson with new Elite Spec., build templates....But looks closer the next Living World seasson than a new expansion. As Anet said, they will focus on horizontal content more than in vertical content.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I've been on extended break for a while now. And honestly, I think the only thing that could bring me back for longer than an evening would be Cantha.
    Jilyna
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    The only thing I hope about this world boss rush is the community tiers don't take the whole week to reach tiers 6. I need those map currencies and killing world bosses is more fun than farming nodes on maps.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    And almost no one cared since they've yet to add any actual content.
    Radoo
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Unbino said:

Its nice this time with all the events, but i pray for a new expansion, or at least a Living World seasson with new Elite Spec., build templates....But looks closer the next Living World seasson than a new expansion. As Anet said, they will focus on horizontal content more than in vertical content.

They already said they wouldn't do an expansion, they'll just go straight to the next Season.
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I was in on this until i seen the rewards, more crap ore No thanks ill pass
    ZandogLeFantome
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Looked at the picture and thought these are lightsabers and it's a new Star Wars game. Apparently I need one which isn't ugly.

Thank you for your time!

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I really like events like this, but rewards are so terrible that I only do each boss once.

It's a good event and lots of fun, but rewards make replayability low.
    gunklackerZandog
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    3dom said:
    Looked at the picture and thought these are lightsabers and it's a new Star Wars game. Apparently I need one which isn't ugly.
    That's actually a surprisingly cogent criticism of Guild Wars' aesthetic rewards. 

So many players equate looking cool with being a human lightbulb that realistic skins are in the minority and large group content looks like more like a rave than a raid.
    azarhalkenguru23
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited July 2019
    lol rewards are junk I usually would delete from inventory. Also, I wish the game looked like that thumbnail, tbh the game is looking dated.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Feeling the effects of downsizing this game's studio. Even with the Dragonfell zone and living story content, even with their bugs, server issues and shortcomings, right now FFXIV and ESO have more interesting content than GW2 has to offer IMO.
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

3dom said:

I saw it was GW and I was thinking "When did they add lightsabers?!?" XD
    Tiller