Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight II Pre-orders Begin for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageTorchlight II Pre-orders Begin for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - MMORPG.com

Pre-orders for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Torchlight II are now officially open. In addition, three console-exclusive pets have been announced: the Molten Imp for Xbox One pre-orders; the Faerie for PlayStation 4 pre-orders; and the Yapper for all pre-orders. Nintendo Switch pre-orders and bonus pet will be announced later this summer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited July 2019
    misread. deleted comment. I was thinking Frontiers. lol
    SBFordArskaaaJinxys

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited July 2019
    Tokken said:
    How about PC?
    PC players could pre order the game 7 years ago.

(Jesus Christ, I'm old).
    PhrySBFordPalebaneTokkenScotTacticalZombehrojoArcueid
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Torchlight 2 is one of the games on steam I bought on launch day and never played. Maybe I'll jump in, I did like how moddable the original was. 
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited July 2019
    People preordering because there wont be enough on the shelves when it releases? Nah, its for in-game bonuses. Why do they still have preorders for games that were released so long ago? Its not like there is any danger of the game sucking. So why would producers still do preorders on releases like this? Because players expect it. That is the only reason I can think of.
    [Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Palebane said:
    People preordering because there wont be enough on the shelves when it releases? Nah, its for in-game bonuses. Why do they still have preorders for games that were released so long ago? Its not like there is any danger of the game sucking. So why would producers still do preorders on releases like this? Because players expect it. That is the only reason I can think of.
    My perspective as someone who preorders (physical) games is one of pragmatism. 

I like ordering my games physically from Best Buy or Amazon and having them shipped to me. If that game is one I am REALLY looking forward to playing as soon as possible (like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or Fire Emblem Three Houses), the only way to have that game mailed to me on release day is to preorder it. 
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    It is not fair that console players are getting so much bug fixes and quality of life updates with this.

Lazy developers didnt even bother updating the game past the first 6 months or so of the release for pc.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    It is not fair that console players are getting so much bug fixes and quality of life updates with this.

Lazy developers didnt even bother updating the game past the first 6 months or so of the release for pc.
    That's the problem with mod support. Sounds great on paper, but typically results in severely flawed games and lack of official update support (caugh BETHESDA caugh).

Oh, but you can download these hundred mods that can conflict with each other in any number of unforseen ways.
    rojoArcueid
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    idk why the pre order marketing is still done,not sure what the ordeal is behind it.
    I think most now realize just how cheap and lazy devs are,they won't do much until, comes time to garner more sales.That is something everyone should realize,past the first few days of any game release,there is not going to be much more money coming in at all,unless of course cash shops.

Devs know it,so why bother spending a ton of the profits to not  make any more money,so 1 maybe 2 guys slowly work on bug fixing until they decide it is not worth the time and effort any more.So now they want to sell new console copies,so they get back off their lazy ass to make sure more issues are addressed.
    Yes as many also realize,modding is a tough call for any game,it is rarely ever supported and more often than not bugs and problems are ongoing.

IMO pre orders are a way to cut corners,get a view of the interest and limit how much server space is available to make sure no over spending.This is why we see way too often games are over crowded ,then make promises of adding more server space over time but even that is often a hoax because they bank on logins to slow down a lot after the first week.

Pets making runs to town to sell stuff,ridiculous idea,no plausible realism in that at all.if you are going to break immersion,break from realism,why not just have an auto popup screen that allows you to sell stuff.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Except one problem,i wouldn't trust the NDP group for any numbers,they are a marketing firm and a business that is often used by devs to monitor what is the best approach to making games,what is popular etc etc.Basically they are in this to make money from devs,they are not going to toss around small numbers after giving advice to them,paid advice.
    Also sales numbers/data can show well beyond the first week because all the numbers won't be coming in every day,some sales might not show up for 2-3-4 months,all depends when the money is sent from the retailers to the developer.
    Every business on the planet understands that keeping the money in their bank accounts for as long as possible means more profits.

To notice actual sales numbers is kind of easy,look at Steam,when you see the price drop down it is likely because sales stopped.Example Octopath was just 89 bucks and now i think it was 59 bucks,not sure it has even been a month.Reason is because only real dedicated jrpg fans would have jumped right in on that 89 bucks,so i am certain sales dropped off mere days afterwards.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Aeander said:

That's the problem with mod support. Sounds great on paper, but typically results in severely flawed games and lack of official update support (caugh BETHESDA caugh).

Oh, but you can download these hundred mods that can conflict with each other in any number of unforseen ways.

Yeah exactly, its as if they are so lazy that they implement mod support so the players can sort themselves out with more content and bug fixes.

I am not complaining about mod support itself, its just that makes developers lazy to rely on others to do their work.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited July 2019

Aeander said:

Tokken said:

How about PC?

PC players could pre order the game 7 years ago.

(Jesus Christ, I'm old).

All of seven years ago?! Seems like an eon passed and we didn't know it. ;)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Aori said:

I'll wait until its on PS+ or Xbox gold... so probably next year some time.

I was thinking the same thing since this game will inevitably end up there. However, if Sony keeps censoring Japanese games then i will not give them any more PS+ money so i'll wait and see for now. If they continue to censor JRPGs i'll just buy TL2 and all future games used.

• zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    no physical release?