Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Review – Retro Fun-tastic - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDragon Quest Builders 2 Review – Retro Fun-tastic - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

The original Dragon Quest Builders game was a sandbox action role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita systems back in 2016. Early this year Nintendo published the same game for the Nintendo Switch. The game was set in the land of Alefgard, which is the world from the immensely popular Dragon Quest series of RPG games. So, the question is does Dragon Quest Builders 2 retain the magic of the first game in the series and propel it forward? This is our review of Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the PlayStation 4.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Really enjoyed the first game so I am looking forward to this one for sure..
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    They are losing so much money by not having this on PC. :/
    sumdumguy1ElvocMauroDiogoTillerValdheim
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546

My guess is like all other games they will figure that out but it will be a while later..
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Loved the first one, the demo of the second......and now I'm hyping for tomorrow.
  • MauroDiogoMauroDiogo Member UncommonPosts: 53

I got it and I'm having a blast with it on the PS4 but a big part of me wishes this was on the PC instead. A ton of potential here to how it can look and play if it was on a PC.

They eventually ported XI to the PC (and sold really well too) so I really can't figure out why they wouldn't just release this one on it as well.
    [Deleted User]Valdheim
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    pre ordered it for the switch picking it up tom!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited July 2019
    This on so many levels!!! Literally dying to play this.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I dont know anything about this series, but watched a video. My 7yr old daughter loves minecraft and this seems like minecraft on steroids. Is it a kid friendly game?
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'm disappointed that you can't play Story mode in Coop. There is always someone with you in story mode, it doesn't make sense to me that the other person with you can't be human controlled.
    [Deleted User]

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    There is a lot of dialogue but I like how I can if I wanted to build seven evil Sirens and Sally the Skinless skeleton if I wanted to.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    I've been playing this on the Switch. The game really is fantastic. The performance suffers though in ways the first one didn't. Mostly stuttering every now and then. YMMV.