Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name your dream private server

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Honestly, this might be a little weird, but I want a private server of Tabula Rasa. I actually really enjoyed the game quite a bit back in the day and was rather irritated when it got shut down. I know it wasn't all that well received but it was still a memorable experience for me.

Or The Chronicles of Spellborn. I really really liked the games art style and how it played, I actually never got much of a chance to play it at all before it shut down, but I really would love to be able to give it a shot again. 
      Spellborn has an EMU server just started bout a month ago ...

https://spellborn.org/

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Allegiance
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Wildstar
    gunklackerMightyUnclean
  • NiurNiur Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I'd love to have given Project Copernicus a try. Seems like it was really far along and the world looked beautiful. Such a shame that all that work never got to see the light of day. The assets have to be out there so I'd love to see a private server pop up for this.
    Niur said:
    I'd love to have given Project Copernicus a try. Seems like it was really far along and the world looked beautiful. Such a shame that all that work never got to see the light of day. The assets have to be out there so I'd love to see a private server pop up for this.
    THQ Nordic now own KoA and Coppernicus ...............
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    100% Matrix Online.

Never seen a community so dedicated to their factions and so much open world PvP going on since DAoC days.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    There are already tons of private servers with games I loved, problem is hardly any population on them. The old school MMO's were great because of the communities imo.
    [Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Vangaurd
    SovrathGameboyMarc
    goboygo said:
    Vangaurd

Pretty good shape to , nice bit of content in and decent little player base

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    It would be EVE Online, and I would make some changes.

I would call it EVE: THE THIRD GENESIS

Major Games Changes
    • Keep the current game and the current build and keep the game updated with all new patches.
    • No Skill Extractors and no Skill Injectors.
    • Seed the market with some initial beginner ships (T1 mining, combat and exploration frigates) until players could begin construction.
    • Wipe all characters completely out.  All names, all assets all locations.
    • Wipe all Corporations, Alliances and Sovereignty. 
    • Upon creating your first new character per account, that character would be awarded 10 million skill points for starting skills.
    • Time Delayed Local Chat in Null Sec.  When a player first enters null sec, a timer begins as the beacon in the system attempts to identify the new ship.  After three minutes, the ship will be identified and appear in local.  This makes null sec more dangerous, but not completely as dangerous as wormhole space.

Module Changes / New Module
    • Cloaking devices use Capacitor at a logarithmic rate and then require a 5 minute cooldown period before they can be onlined again.  Eventually they will overcome the recharge rate of the ship and fail if used long enough.  (No more permanent cloaky camping.)
    • Cynosural Field Generators already come in two varieties.  Covert Ops Cynosural Field Generators will not change.  Standard Cynosural Field Generators will have 10,000 CPU added to them.
    • Passive Scanning Array.  This module, when fitted, will boost the sensor strength of the ship and passively scan the system for other ships.  This can be filtered by a players standings settings that act as a Friend-or-Foe identifier.  If a foe enters the sensor range of the ship, then a roll is made at every scanning interval.  If the passive sensor scan passes the roll, then it detects the ship and alerts the player.

New Ships
    • Intruder Class Battleships.  The first class of new ship will be a Battleship that has only utility high slots, bonus's to defense and reduce that CPU need of Cynosural Field Generators by 99%.
    Palebane
  • KinochocoKinochoco Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Check out a new helbreath private server :) newly launched 2 weeks ago. Join discord for discussions too. http://hbforgotten.theserver.tk/
    Run the client in compatibility mode as windows 7 if you’re on win 10 :)

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Lahnmirs Pleasure Palace.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Suo_Eno_1357Suo_Eno_1357 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Shadowbane and Laxe Lore.Probably most of you here aren't into this 1 (the latter) or heard of it, it's a redesigned Priston Tale based spin a Korean PvE heavy grinder.

Because I just want a modernized debugged game engine + mechanics in both and NONE of any current fancy graphics.
    iixviiiix
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Scorchien said:
    goboygo said:
    Vangaurd

Pretty good shape to , nice bit of content in and decent little player base

The last and only time I played it the lag so so intense that I found myself getting attacked in the starter area but invisible "something" couldn't attack back and then I was dead.

Did you experience anything like this?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Shadowbane and Laxe Lore.Probably most of you here aren't into this 1 (the latter) or heard of it, it's a redesigned Priston Tale based spin a Korean PvE heavy grinder.

Because I just want a modernized debugged game engine + mechanics in both and NONE of any current fancy graphics.
    Wow , there are people still remember laxe lore .
    For me it's ragnarok 2 gate of the world and laxe lore
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Eve, that game would be awesome without all the people

Palebane
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Auto Assault. Would love to go tear up towns full of baddies with my kids. 
    Palebane
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Asheron's Call, without buff bots and with a healthy player population.
    Palebane
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Nyctelios said:
    FF14 because 50 bucks a month for subscription is just too much... As much I love that game.

Correction: As much I love Hildibrand.

Also, I would follow @Torval and second LOTRO with modern rules but the subscription era when I had so much fun with that comunity.

$50?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AbhorerAbhorer Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Warhammer online. Never PvP was so fun. All kind of people doing it. Incredible.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Viper482 said:
    Nyctelios said:
    FF14 because 50 bucks a month for subscription is just too much... As much I love that game.

Correction: As much I love Hildibrand.

Also, I would follow @Torval and second LOTRO with modern rules but the subscription era when I had so much fun with that comunity.

$50?
    Maybe with some foreign currency exchange or something?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

There are two shadowbane emulated servers currently. One even blocks multiboxing and adds new content.
    Scorchien said:
    Chronicles of Spellborn

Yeeesss .. game was ahead of its time and deserves another chance
    https://spellborn.org/
    LynxJSA
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Vanilla Lotro!!!!!
    [Deleted User]jitter77
    I'd love a Vanilla - PoP EQ progression server with instancing that uses in era values for each tier. I love my P99/TAKP servers but it would be nice to raid content on a schedule these days.