Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fanmade MMOs Being Built From Original Fallout Games - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageFanmade MMOs Being Built From Original Fallout Games - MMORPG.com

The original Fallout games have inspired fans to build their own MMOs on a system called FOnline. As is usually the norm in PC modding, these projects are comprised of several groups of volunteers, modders, and developers, according to PCGamesN.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    yeah don't named it fallout online 3 otherwise I smell lawsuit from Bethesda.
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    I'd play this! Makes me want to fire up F1/F2 again.
    [Deleted User]
  • cavin75cavin75 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I played the fallout online mod for fallout 2 years ago and it was a fun experience until I discovered the griefers/bots.

The majority of the towns i entered had a player sitting at the entrance with a minigun or plasma rifle auto attacking as you loaded in before you could really defend yourself. Im sure it was a easy way to get some loot.

Not saying its still a thing just shareing my experience from the time.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Vezlinklash2def
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited July 2019
    feh why only thing I can think of is you guys shouldn't make this a news, now the project will be destroyed
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    edited July 2019
    If bethesda see this, instead of lawsuit they should license it and work with them

fallout MMO, i always wanted that
    Palebane
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    And all these modders will produce something better than fallout 76 on a budget of ZERO dollars.
    alkarionlogScotFacelessSaviorkenguru23
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited July 2019

They should have long time ago, Fallout Online have been thing for over decade now and Bethesda has knew about it as long too.

jarsku85 said:

They should have long time ago, Fallout Online have been thing for over decade now and Bethesda has knew about it as long too.

they did curb the one from the original devs, plus why you belive bethesda are smart enough to even know it was in play?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

jarsku85 said:

they did curb the one from the original devs, plus why you belive bethesda are smart enough to even know it was in play?

Weird that you think Bethesda isn't smart. Did you never play an elder scrolls or fallout game before 76? Crazy how one mistake makes a huge group of people evil/idiots/bad at making games. I'm sure you've never made a mistake in your life!
    Sovrathalkarionlog
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    I try this back in 2014

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019

Utinni said:

jarsku85 said:

Weird that you think Bethesda isn't smart. Did you never play an elder scrolls or fallout game before 76? Crazy how one mistake makes a huge group of people evil/idiots/bad at making games. I'm sure you've never made a mistake in your life!

I think it's FO76, which is still a mess, and the stupid bag thing, and a few other collectibles issues, and some of their monetization ideas, and maybe some other things, that have led us to where we are.

Writing them off completely would be bad, but they need to get their shit together fo sho!

Gut Out!
    [Deleted User]

What, me worry?

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Not going to lie. For me personally FO:NV was one of the best looking game and game world combinations if not the best I ever experienced. It just ... was perfect. I'm not even kidding lol.
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    The thing is ppl macro like hell in this game so they 1 click target you either in head or the arm so you will die! It has no cheat detection whatsoever and it dosent have power armor
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

DEXA88 said:

The thing is ppl macro like hell in this game so they 1 click target you either in head or the arm so you will die! It has no cheat detection whatsoever and it dosent have power armor

which is why you don't play on private servers ;) or private games... unless you know the mods/GMs
    [Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Utinni said:

jarsku85 said:

76 is just the last mess they made, they are fucking up since always, but after morrowing, they kind make sure to get things far worse, skyrim is a sucess because mods, fallout 3 was a me at best, 4 a mess, oblivion, need to say?

Not going to lie. For me personally FO:NV was one of the best looking game and game world combinations if not the best I ever experienced. It just ... was perfect. I'm not even kidding lol.
    because it was not a bethesda game, NV even though it have mods, you can play it without then

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

Daakkon said:

I'd play this! Makes me want to fire up F1/F2 again.

Same here. Definitely checking up on this when it's more complete.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    This is like a lawsuit waiting to happen and I won't even look at this. Bet I will get very disappointed if I hope for anything .... see lawsuit remark.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    edited October 2019
    Itzme123 said:
    And all these modders will produce something better than fallout 76 on a budget of ZERO dollars.
    using assets created by the developers? Or just using their designs? If they are so gung ho about maknig an mmorpg why don't they just make their own, own everything for 0 dollars?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo